Options

Poster value help, las vegas LE 2000 1st

sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
I'm looking for some expert appraisal here from you guys. I have a chance to buy the las vegas 2000 limited edition (10th aniv.) poster, the one limited to 300, from a mutual friend. How much is this thing worth? I checked expresso beans but one hasn't been sold in 3 years, so any expert advice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately when there hasn't been a sale for so long the value is usually where the seller and purchaser feel comfortable. Lets face it though if you have been looking for this poster for a while your probably gonna get it. I would start at the last sold price. That's what I did with my ames outside lands radiohead poster and walked away with a good deal.
  • Options
    bump, anyone else?
  • Options
    not more than $100
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    If this is the same poster, you can buy it here for $100.

http://amesbrosshop.com/1998pearljambrisbane-2-1-1-1-1.aspx

Joey
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    If this is the same poster, you can buy it here for $100.

http://amesbrosshop.com/1998pearljambrisbane-2-1-1-1-1.aspx

Joey

Why does the more limited (300 run) one sell for $100 when the less limited one (1150 run) sell for $200 on the Ames site?
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Perhaps they only have just a few in stock. Maybe they have like more of the limited run. This is just a guess. Maybe someone else knows.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Perhaps they only have just a few in stock. Maybe they have like more of the limited run. This is just a guess. Maybe someone else knows.

If I remember correctly, the LE version came out after the tour. I was at the Vegas show and the posters sold out before the doors opened. They had a merch booth outside the MGM grand arena. They then printed and sold the S/N version via the website. It was marked as sold out for awhile. Then they printed the LE version. Capitalism for sure.

That said, both versions have great colors and still one of my favs. Looks great next to their PJ20 print.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    JMo wrote:

If I remember correctly, the LE version came out after the tour. I was at the Vegas show and the posters sold out before the doors opened. They had a merch booth outside the MGM grand arena. They then printed and sold the S/N version via the website. It was marked as sold out for awhile. Then they printed the LE version. Capitalism for sure.

That said, both versions have great colors and still one of my favs. Looks great next to their PJ20 print.

I think that is right... maybe people want the "original" one even though there were more of them. To me, when they did the reprint, it seemed like a cheap knockoff of a really important poster :lol: (although the reprint colors are pretty much just as nice). I think I have an extra of the original colors if anyone is interested... I will have to check the archive. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!