Options

Poster framing question/comment

WB172505WB172505 Posts: 4
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
I've been to several shows and have collected all the posters. My question is what does everyone think about mounting the ticket stubs with the poster? Does this increase/decrease the value?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    WB172505 wrote:
    I've been to several shows and have collected all the posters. My question is what does everyone think about mounting the ticket stubs with the poster? Does this increase/decrease the value?

my opinion is that mounting the tickets with the poster individualizes(sp?) it...as in: adding the ticket makes it personal for YOU...I might just want the poster...i'd pay less for it...IMO...new to the whole poster thing myself so who knows
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    WB172505 wrote:

my opinion is that mounting the tickets with the poster individualizes(sp?) it...as in: adding the ticket makes it personal for YOU...I might just want the poster...i'd pay less for it...IMO...new to the whole poster thing myself so who knows

If you do it as most on here seem to have, I don't think it effects the value at all. If you search, there's a framed poster thread on The Porch where examples are shown. Basically, you put the poster in a frame with the ticket below. You don't put the ticket ON the poster - that would clearly devalue it.

If someone was buying it, they'd be interested in the condition of the poster itself. The ticket would be irrelevant. Now, you may not be able to sell the frame, as the buyer may or may not want the ticket (so the frame itself might be devalued). But, the poster would be fine as long as you don't connect the ticket to it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    The only problem is the ink on tickets does fade over time. So you could have a blnk ticket under glass in 5 - 6 years. I guess it depends on where you will hang it, and the type of glass you use. Always frame using archival mattes, backboards, and UV glass. Well IMO anyway. I have spent some decent cash getting posters framed.
  • Options
    I always frame the ticket stub with the poster. If you don't want to go to a frame shop and pay out the wazoo, I suggest american frame.