Options

FS: two awesome '98 posters

KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
Anyone interested in a '98 Raleigh or '98 Hawaii poster (both framed) PM me with an offer. I'd prefer cash, but I'm always open to trades for rare vinyl.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PM for HI thanks
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    I can send pics if you PM me your email.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    KC2917 wrote:
    I can send pics if you PM me your email.

That would be great, along with your prices listed. NOW! :lol:;)
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

I'd rather someone just make an offer. If I think it's fair, then great. If not, no big deal either way. The good folks on here generally know what's fair.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    Any chance you have a Hartford 98?
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    Any chance you have a Hartford 98?

Nope, sorry.
  • Options
    There are several people hovering about your thread right now wanting you to list your prices so they can (fangs bared) jump all over you and attempt to disgrace you. If you do get called out, understand that many people here are fevered with envy because- despite likely being in possession of several noteworthy PJ items already- they happened to miss out on a backpack and a white record (refusing to purchase a black one).

Hope you get a fair price for your 'collectibles'; however, let's hope someone doesn't offer you too obscene an amount though because then, my friend, you will not be considered a fan of Pearl Jam. Further, you'll tarnish 10 Clubs reputation because they haven't offered any re-issues of your posters lately.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    There are several people hovering about your thread right now wanting you to list your prices so they can (fangs bared) jump all over you and attempt to disgrace you. If you do get called out, understand that many people here are fevered with envy because- despite likely being in possession of several noteworthy PJ items already- they happened to miss out on a backpack and a white record (refusing to purchase a black one).

Hope you get a fair price for your 'collectibles'; however, let's hope someone doesn't offer you too obscene an amount though because then, my friend, you will not be considered a fan of Pearl Jam. Further, you'll tarnish 10 Clubs reputation because they haven't offered any re-issues of your posters lately.
    Don't forget, whoever offers him that obsene amount may also lose credibility as a true Pearl Jam fan and be required to hand in their 10C membership card.

And I was not "hovering" :?
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options

It'll be pretty hard to disgrace me when I don't really give a shit what the self-righteous whiners think or say. I've been a fan of Pearl Jam and collecting their goods about as long as anyone on here. I do appreciate your sentiment though. The reason I don't list a price is because if someone wants to make an offer that's fair, the posters are theirs. Everyone knows what these are worth, but most people don't want to pay that amount and I'm ok with that. I do need the money, but I also won't just sell these out of desperation. No worries though, I'm not planning on asking for an obscene amount on these either. Like I told one guy through PM, I'm not trying to make any enemies here!

By the way, just so everybody knows, I bought both these posters on the secondary market a few years back, so it's not exactly like selling a fan club exclusive item a week after it sold out.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    KC2917 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I'd rather someone just make an offer. If I think it's fair, then great. If not, no big deal either way. The good folks on here generally know what's fair.

Put them on eBay if you want to take offers...Most people list prices here..Haven't you noticed?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Put them on eBay if you want to take offers...Most people list prices here..Haven't you noticed?

Oh God, here we go... I'm not putting them on ebay because this isn't an auction. I'm not looking for the highest bidder, just a reasonable offer. In fact, I already told the first person to contact me I'd give him first crack at working out a deal on the Maui poster REGARDLESS of any other offers I may get. Thank you for pointing out to me what I should do based on the past practices of "most people," and I realize you're probably pissed off I didn't accept your offer of $300, but I still don't see why you care about what I do or how I do it. The Ten Club set up this forum for the specific purpose of buying/selling/trading PJ stuff, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything that says I have to list a price.
  • Options
    KC2917 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Oh God, here we go... I'm not putting them on ebay because this isn't an auction. I'm not looking for the highest bidder, just a reasonable offer. In fact, I already told the first person to contact me I'd give him first crack at working out a deal on the Maui poster REGARDLESS of any other offers I may get. Thank you for pointing out to me what I should do based on the past practices of "most people," and I realize you're probably pissed off I didn't accept your offer of $300, but I still don't see why you care about what I do or how I do it. The Ten Club set up this forum for the specific purpose of buying/selling/trading PJ stuff, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything that says I have to list a price.

Actually, rule number one in the guidelines says you need to set a "reasonable" rate.
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    KC2917 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

HE offered 300$ :roll: :lol: He probably secretly want is to flip! :D Seller you should say the condition and if the prints has white spots,just saying good luck! I got mine just a few days ago,very happy to MAUI 98 S/N oh yeah is yours S/N?
  • Options

Actually, rule number one in the guidelines says you need to set a "reasonable" rate.

"You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site."

That's what it says. You have a pretty loose interpretation of "rule number one," but if that's how you choose to take it, then great! I don't though.
  • Options
    KC2917 wrote:

"You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site."

That's what it says. You have a pretty loose interpretation of "rule number one," but if that's how you choose to take it, then great! I don't though.

"And set a reasonable price" means EXACTLY what it says. Let me spell it out for you, you have an item, in your case two 1998 posters. SET A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THEM, if someone wants it, they will buy it. You are holding a private sale via PM's. Set a price, like the rules say and go from there. Its really not that hard.
  • Options
    timc wrote:
    HE offered 300$ :roll: :lol: He probably secretly want is to flip! :D Seller you should say the condition and if the prints has white spots,just saying good luck! I got mine just a few days ago,very happy to MAUI 98 S/N oh yeah is yours S/N?

He didn't just offer $300, he told me he thought anything higher was "out of line."

Congrats on your new addition! Mine isn't s/n but has no white spot defect. There is an ink smudge from printing through the "Pearl Jam" at the top though.
  • Options

"And set a reasonable price" means EXACTLY what it says. Let me spell it out for you, you have an item, in your case two 1998 posters. SET A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THEM, if someone wants it, they will buy it. You are holding a private sale via PM's. Set a price, like the rules say and go from there. Its really not that hard.

Neither is minding your own business and not telling other people what to do. Thanks for spelling it out for me though. I see the word CAN. Where does it say MUST?

Holy shit! Ebay's never looked so good!
  • Options
    KC2917 wrote:

Neither is minding your own business and not telling other people what to do. Thanks for spelling it out for me though. I see the word CAN. Where does it say MUST?

Holy shit! Ebay's never looked so good!

You said to correct you if you were wrong, so I did.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    KC2917 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

No auctions. List your reasonable price....

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=147179
This discussion has been closed.