Options

fed up with missing pj item text message service. EUROPE

Comments

• Options
    hi all

i set this up sometime ago..and it works.but heres my problem..

i can text everyone in europe but cant the states as the cost would be massive.so basically i will add you if your european

i have not had anyone say they would do the states side of things.so unless someone is willing to send a large group text your side ofthe pond its just going to be me doing this side.

i can text one person usa side so the info gets passed on from here.

most of the people on the europe side got a backpack if they wanted one..

this is not a 100% full proof as sometimes i do miss the odd announcment :evil:

cheers kev
  • Options
    I'd do this for the US, but I dont have a program on my Blackberry to do mass texts without adding each number/person manually every time. That would probably ruin the purpose of a "quick" notice...
  • Options
    I'd do this for the US, but I dont have a program on my Blackberry to do mass texts without adding each number/person manually every time. That would probably ruin the purpose of a "quick" notice...

lol ummmm i guess ...thanks for the offer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

lol ummmm i guess ...thanks for the offer
    thats cool for usa peeps..but kev,really here in europe so far this works fine,u text me,i lesa and so on..this is very helpfull..thanks again buddy :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I just got whatsapp on my BB, so I could forward to someone in Canada or the US who also has it as well.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    AT&T has an email to SMS gateway so if someone could email from their device it would text me. My iPhone also has a group texting feature but I've never used it before. If it works I'd be more than happy to text anyone in the US.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    AT&T has an email to SMS gateway so if someone could email from their device it would text me. My iPhone also has a group texting feature but I've never used it before. If it works I'd be more than happy to text anyone in the US.

i've got the group text thing as well on my evo....

i'm just going to spam everyone when something goes on sale :lol:

i'll be like..."new shit in goods....go buy it fuckers"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    How well did this work for the white backspacer? this is the first time I've thought "I really should have signed up to that!" :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    tremors wrote:
    How well did this work for the white backspacer? this is the first time I've thought "I really should have signed up to that!" :lol:

I got a text at 3.20am ... my phone was on silent :oops: ... so erm it works great if you don't accidently sabotage it
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    In fairness I got the text too but slept thoough it. Then when Santos put the item back up the next day I got one and sent a couple of texts back out and it seemed to spread pretty quickly. So as Kev says it aint fool proof, far from it, but I like this system and so far so good.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    worked just fine..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So I had signed up for this last year too. My name is at the top of the second list. I got the number of the person below me (umbertotomba) but never had any further contact about this. I have never received a text.

How can I get back on/added to whatever list is going on. I have AT&T if that helps a someone can email me a text from Europe (if the earlier posts are correct.)
  • Options
    Please sign me up if possible...

John B./ Detroit, Michigan, US.

Thanks!
  • Options
    bootheadboothead Posts: 145
    I did not read all 15 pages so this might have been said but maybe you can make a twitter feeed jsut for items. we can all follow it with our cell phones. when you tweet an item is there we all get the txt. just an idea that might help make it easier
  • Options
    PART.OF.eV3RY.DAYPART.OF.eV3RY.DAY Posts: 146
    edited October 2011
    boothead wrote:
    I did not read all 15 pages so this might have been said but maybe you can make a twitter feeed jsut for items. we can all follow it with our cell phones. when you tweet an item is there we all get the txt. just an idea that might help make it easier

BRILLIANT!

A couple/ few "main" people should probably have the password to aforementioned twitter feed to ensure no item is left behind.
    Post edited by PART.OF.eV3RY.DAY on
  • Options
    text working just fine..
    not all has twitter,facebook,but all have personal phone..
    i receive 5 am the text for backspacer,,no way to check twitter that time...
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    text working just fine..

+1

If it aint broke dont fix it.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    count me in!!

first of south america?? feeling lonely people, come on!!

Juan Godoy - Argentina - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Awesome idea.

Colin (Chief Broom)
    Detroit, MI USA

Get me on that bandwagon!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Mango wrote:
    text working just fine..

+1

I think "boothead" may have suggested this because the person a few posts back mentioned being second on one of the lists but never receiving a text when goods became available. Otherwise, I agree, if it ain't broke,,,
  • Options
    hi

i tried really hard to set this up..
    but noone in the usa wanted to do the mass text.

so im sorry i only text europe...texting cost me..i dont have a free service.

but if you have whatapp i will gladly add you .
  • Options
    text working just fine..

you do not need a twitter account, twitter will send a txt to you cell phone if you "follow" the feed. once the twitter account is set up (example #pjitems) you txt "follow #pjitems" to 40404 (might be diffrent # in your country) then you will get all the twitter txt without having a twitter account on ya cell
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    boothead wrote:
    text working just fine..

you do not need a twitter account, twitter will send a txt to you cell phone if you "follow" the feed. once the twitter account is set up (example #pjitems) you txt "follow #pjitems" to 40404 (might be diffrent # in your country) then you will get all the twitter txt without having a twitter account on ya cell

If that's true, this is the way to go for sure.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    Mango wrote:
    text working just fine..

+1

I think "boothead" may have suggested this because the person a few posts back mentioned being second on one of the lists but never receiving a text when goods became available. Otherwise, I agree, if it ain't broke,,,

yea i was just trying to give a solution that might help. I dont have the $ to buy all these awesome things but i saw this thread and wanted to give my 2 cents :)
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    boothead wrote:
    text working just fine..

If that's true, this is the way to go for sure.

yea i follow PJ and howard stern this way and I do not have a twitter account
  • Options
    boothead wrote:
    text working just fine..

in greece i need to pay extra for this application to my phone company
    and im not gona pay for receive msg
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    boothead wrote:
    text working just fine..

Guess you miss out then. :o
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    boothead wrote:
    text working just fine..

oh that sucks that they charge extra for a txt from twittter?.. Its just an SMS txt. Arent you getting sms txt now for item notification from someone else? This would be the same type of sms txt. either way, good luck getting all your cool stuff :) once my basement is done i can afford some stuff too (unless north american tour is coming 2012 lol)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    If you got Blackberry Messenger living in Canada, let me know. I'm on there sometimes ..
    But I randomly post news & goodies on my Facebook page via Blackberry.
    https://www.facebook.com/demetriosns

:D