Options

10C Tix in Vancouver

mypresenttensemypresenttense Posts: 44
edited September 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
I start by saying I'm from the Prairie's. Lived most of my life around Saskatchewan and Winnipeg. Up until the last two Canadian tours (and a festival in Winnipeg early 90's) I've had to travel minimum (Regina to Calgary early 90's) I've had to travel far freakin distances to see Pearl Jam. Before people from other countries get worked up that have the same issue I should say that I know I'm not the worst off and if you are reading this as a complaint it's absolutely not! My seats from Winnipeg to Vancouver were all great. The only place I wasn't able to get on the floor was Vancouver. It was easy to figure out why too. Everyone around me was from the States. So here's my request (which will never get anywhere), if you're gonna play Vancouver please play Seattle too. Spreads the fanclub seat love out a bit and for those (I get that lots have this issue again ;)) that had to travel from as far as Manitoba can get a great seat in one of the best cities to hear them..(one of..I feel like i need to defend myself to snobby 10clubbers...perhaps I'm just insecure) Vancouver. Such a great vibe. In 2009 I was 8th row, 2006 11th, 2003 row 17...2011 Sec. H (It was my 35th show and completed and album for me). Such a great show last night and so cool to be around so many 10clubbers. Gave a great vibe, just missed the floor (but would miss the floor if it means it's full of 10 Clubbers)

Had a great time on this tour. Thanks for playing Canada again!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Same situation in Seattle though. Everybody comes in from outta town to see Seattle shows.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Same situation in Seattle though. Everybody comes in from outta town to see Seattle shows.

Fair and true. I have...:) I just figure if they do a few shows close it's good for everyone.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I'm not a tall guy and sometimes I feel for the female 10 clubbers here. I would always prefer a side seat with a bit of elevation unless i'm in the first 10 rows. After that I feel you run the risk of only seeing half the show if you get a tall dude somewhere in front of you. At Toronto 1 I was row 30 on the floor and halfway through I moved up to an empty seat in the 100's that was adjacent to me. My view was so much better it was night and day. Maybe you're a tall guy but for me the floor isn't always the best.
  • Options
    I can se how this is a problem anywhere PJ plays at. We are dedicated fans that will travel great distances to see them over and over again. I don't think there will be any other way of giving out 10c tix without creating any other issues such as this one. Still, on this last Vancouver show (2011) it was evident that most of the people were from Seattle (hell, Ed even realized this). Considering the band IS from Seattle this obviously horrendously impacted my tix - which wasn't even in the floor nor anywhere near the stage - yes, with 10c seats. So, yeah it is a pain and I don't like it but I'm sure that this is the best the 10c can accommodate all of us - or does anyone else have another option?
  • Options
    You know what, I doubt they will be playing Seattle again for a very very long time. In '09 he ripped them apart just tore into them. Then on Sunday I think it was evident he knew who the Seattle crowd was and who the Vancouver crowd was.

After Ole and that freak out, he called the Seattle crowd out. He knew that a lot of those guys were 10 Clubbers and that "the fans losing their s*** in the back" were from Vancouver. For me with a fairly high number I loved it and would have rocked out, and the couple other guys around me with high numbers near me were doing the same. Perhaps it is time to no longer seat by seniority with a large 10C crowd like this and do 100% lottery.

However, they won't be playing Seattle for a long time, the only venue I see them doing in Washington State ever again would be The Gorge where fans would flock.
  • Options
    I was there when he did that...I doubt they will never play there again :) It's there home. But ya...I get it guys. I'm lucky cause no one flocks to where I live to see them...I'm serious, unless they play Canada I have to drive 20 hours to see them....And do everytime...

I was thinking they should give preference to Postal/Zip Codes in local cities...Not sure if this is logistically possible but it would be nice to see them in a place that you live in or near with good seats. That way everyone has a good chance to get good tickets (though the lottery does that to some extent). I'm just not sure how this would go over in Seattle?? Though it should still work but then I'd get terrible tickets everywhere I go because they don't come to Saskatchewan often.

Cheers guys! Hope you all had a good time at the shows.. I did.
  • Options
    You know what, I doubt they will be playing Seattle again for a very very long time. In '09 he ripped them apart just tore into them. Then on Sunday I think it was evident he knew who the Seattle crowd was and who the Vancouver crowd was.

After Ole and that freak out, he called the Seattle crowd out. He knew that a lot of those guys were 10 Clubbers and that "the fans losing their s*** in the back" were from Vancouver. For me with a fairly high number I loved it and would have rocked out, and the couple other guys around me with high numbers near me were doing the same. Perhaps it is time to no longer seat by seniority with a large 10C crowd like this and do 100% lottery.

However, they won't be playing Seattle for a long time, the only venue I see them doing in Washington State ever again would be The Gorge where fans would flock.

I think that might be a bit of a generalization of all Seattle fans. I think there were quite a few Seattle fans who acted sedated during the show, but not me. I was losing my voice, yelling as they pulled out one of their many uncommon songs (Glorified G, Mankind, etc.). The couple standing next to me were from Vancouver, and they were hardly moving or making a peep. Infact, I think I was pissing off the guy next to me because I was being very vocal and moving around alot.

And I doubt they wouldn't play in Seattle for a long time just because you think Ed's feelings were hurt. When he played the shows at Benaroya Hall, he got standing ovations at both shows, and had nothing but good things to say about Seattle as well as the crowds. Plus, even if he did feel that Seattle crowds suck, there is way too much money to be made by playing a Seattle show to justify avoiding Seattle.

If anything, he was probably just playing the crowd, and maybe pissed off that one section of the front was not vocal or active.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    I knew that if I didn't win the lottery my seats would'nt be the greatest. Just too many Ten clubbers travelling for this show. So when my tickets were side stage I wasn't upset.

What did piss me off was the dumb fuck (who spent all kinds of money to fly up for the show) next to us who insisted on singing EVERY song at the top of his lungs and his over the top guesturing and pointing like a fucking wrestler-rapper. OMG that was fucked
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote:
    I knew that if I didn't win the lottery my seats would'nt be the greatest. Just too many Ten clubbers travelling for this show. So when my tickets were side stage I wasn't upset.

What did piss me off was the dumb fuck (who spent all kinds of money to fly up for the show) next to us who insisted on singing EVERY song at the top of his lungs and his over the top guesturing and pointing like a fucking wrestler-rapper. OMG that was fucked

Ha!! How do you really feel about that guy?? :)

Come on..don't hate people loving something.. It sucks to be near guys like that (though I'm like that sometimes) but at least he had a great time. Love makes us do stupid stuff!

The guys beside me were from Portland and San Diego. Great couple, really active and the one guy hugged me when he got some "concert" smoke. I love treating Americans well...I can only hope for the same favor when I get there.
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:

I think that might be a bit of a generalization of all Seattle fans. I think there were quite a few Seattle fans who acted sedated during the show, but not me. I was losing my voice, yelling as they pulled out one of their many uncommon songs (Glorified G, Mankind, etc.). The couple standing next to me were from Vancouver, and they were hardly moving or making a peep. Infact, I think I was pissing off the guy next to me because I was being very vocal and moving around alot.

And I doubt they wouldn't play in Seattle for a long time just because you think Ed's feelings were hurt. When he played the shows at Benaroya Hall, he got standing ovations at both shows, and had nothing but good things to say about Seattle as well as the crowds. Plus, even if he did feel that Seattle crowds suck, there is way too much money to be made by playing a Seattle show to justify avoiding Seattle.

If anything, he was probably just playing the crowd, and maybe pissed off that one section of the front was not vocal or active.

I agree it is a tad bit of a generalization, yet it hasn't stopped Ed from ripping them when he has been in Vancouver the last two years. I think he was pissed off that he wrote a set for the amount of 10c in the house. I mean come on Small Town, Given to Fly, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Alive, and Ledbetter were the only hits. It was not a show for the faint of heart.

I will freely admit I haven't gotten deep into their catalogue as most of you. I did not know about 7 songs. I didn't down, I found the rhythm and got into it, till I figure out the chorus'. Yet Im verging on hardcore now and I believe some people weren't into the set list of rarities. One friend bashed it and I defended it.

They need to figure out a way to get locals with the better seats in their city though. I didn't mind my seats, in fact way better than my Pre-10c seats yet they might get tired of seeing the same faces night in and out no? Sure a guy who has seen them 8 times in a row may still get stoked to win the lottery, but its far more likely you'll get someone going through the motions.
  • Options
    I am from Seattle and I have been to many Vancouver shows. In 2009 Ed loved the crowd in Vancouver and said that he was thinking about "moving up here". Then he said " naw, then you guys would turn into a shit crowd like Seattle". So in Ed's mind in 2011 the people not reacting to his stuff MUST be from Seattle. I would bet there were just as many people there from Seattle in 2011 as there were in 2009. This has kinda been bugging me.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I wonder which has a higher number of low number ten clubber's in attendance: a seattle show or a nyc/philly show.
    if you want to get a rude awakening, go to a winnipeg show then a north east show with your number. it was a pleasant surprise going to toronto this past tour with my fan club number and getting row 8 center as compared to row 19 at msg (which are incredible seats!).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am from Seattle and I have been to many Vancouver shows. In 2009 Ed loved the crowd in Vancouver and said that he was thinking about "moving up here". Then he said " naw, then you guys would turn into a shit crowd like Seattle". So in Ed's mind in 2011 the people not reacting to his stuff MUST be from Seattle. I would bet there were just as many people there from Seattle in 2011 as there were in 2009. This has kinda been bugging me.

You may be right about Seattle fans, but there in no doubt that way more 10 club peeps where there sunday night. In 2009 299xxx got you row 11. This time side stage many rows up.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

I bet you're wrong. When the next album is released, they will play Seattle (Or, Gorge as that counts as the Seattle market). Heck, Ed just played Benaroya Hall in July and the crowd gave him a fantastic reception.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Remember when Ed joked at the first Seattle show in '09 that maybe there was like 45 paying attendants and that the rest were all friends and family of the band? Obviously an exaggeration, but there must have been a shit ton of family and friends and neighbors of the band at those shows.