Options

Trade etiquette

Blood Red MosquitoBlood Red Mosquito Posts: 1,610
edited September 2011 in Lost Dogs
Just going to put it out there. I don't think trading new items is cool. People are clearly buying items at shows, or in the goods section with the sole intention of trading them, thereby taking items out of the hands of people who really want them.

I don't think people should be allowed to trade new items on Lost Dogs. Stop buying stuff with the intention of trading it the next day.
1995: San Francisco, San Diego
2000: Phoenix
2008: Camden 2
2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
2012: Missoula
2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
2014: Denver
2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
2018: Fenway 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    Why not? What if you missed out on something but bought the item that you didn't miss as trade bait? What's wrong with that? If 2 people agree to a trade that has nothing to do with you then it shouldn't matter to you.

And I've asked before and always wondered, when is an item not new anymore? How long must it be out for it to no longer be new and when is it acceptable to trade at an increased value? No one seems to have an answer for that.
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    And I've asked before and always wondered, when is an item not new anymore? How long must it be out for it to no longer be new and when is it acceptable to trade at an increased value? No one seems to have an answer for that.

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    Trading is fine it's the jerkoffs that buy for sale only is what pisses me off. that;s the reason i couldn't get my Klausen PJ20 print. Which i'm still looking to trade for!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    Why not? What if you missed out on something but bought the item that you didn't miss as trade bait? What's wrong with that? If 2 people agree to a trade that has nothing to do with you then it shouldn't matter to you.

as soon as you drive the car off the lot, it's considered used, and if you want to sell it back, it will be re-sold as used- even if it still has zero miles. hope that helps :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AzWicker wrote:
    Gvn2fly wrote:

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds

:lol: So I was off by 3 days, 19 minutes, and 24 seconds. But I was close!
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    Gvn2fly wrote:

as soon as you drive the car off the lot, it's considered used, and if you want to sell it back, it will be re-sold as used- even if it still has zero miles. hope that helps :mrgreen:

It does, thanks! :thumbup: