Options

Miley Cyrus' dad says Cobain would have loved her SLTS cover

scottstappsucksscottstappsucks Posts: 991
edited August 2011 in Other Music
http://grungereport.net/?p=6701

haha I wish Courtney Love would relaunch her Twitter and response to old Billy Ray's remarks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    http://grungereport.net/?p=6701

haha I wish Courtney Love would relaunch her Twitter and response to old Billy Ray's remarks.

I know I hate her cover, but earlier in the same blurb from the SPIN issue Billy Ray Cyrus tells a story about Kurt approaching him and congratulating him for "pissing the whole world off" with that Achy Breaky Heart song. Kurt had a sense of humor about stuff like that (from what I've read) and may have had a good laugh at how upset people have gotten over Miley's blasphemous performance. So Billy Ray's remarks may not be as crazy as they sound at first.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    the picture in the link gives me the creeps
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    yeah that picture is creepy as hell
    and i will go out on a limb and say Kurt would have gagged
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    If he was alive still he wouldn't have been after hearing it!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Oh give me a break, a shit cover is a shit cover. I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I don't think of Nirvana's music as some sacred cow, all I ask is that the cover is decent, and hers was not. And it's just such a predictable Nirvana song to cover, when there are probably others that would be better suited to her.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    LukinFan wrote:
    the picture in the link gives me the creeps

my thoughts exactly. that mullet makes him do/say some crazy things. :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    SHe's an 18 year old that covered SLTS... Every 18 year old in a band I know has covered it...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Hopefully not because her version was absolutely terrible but I wonder what Kurt thought of Tori's version.....now thats a woman with some real talent.

http://youtu.be/cvQI5-rkV_A
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Hopefully not because her version was absolutely terrible but I wonder what Kurt thought of Tori's version.....now thats a woman with some real talent.

MTV: What did you think of the Tori Amos cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"?
    Cobain: Flattering.
    MTV: Is it true that you and Courtney Love used to wake up and dance around to it?
    Cobain: Yeah. We used to put it on every morning and have breakfast and dance around. We'd turn it up really loud and do interpretive dancing to it. It's good breakfast music.
    MTV: It's funny to listen to. The mulatto and albino part.
    Cobain: [Singing] "I'm mulatto." I know. [Laughs] For a while we were using it as an opener before we came out onstage, too. We would play that song and then we would come out doing dances to the song.
    -- Kurt Cobain; MTV Interview
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Sorry but im gonna have to go with kurt not caring or even appreciating the cover on this one.

Its a WHOLE DIFFERENT story when your the artist that someone is covering.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Nice never saw this
    JimNastics wrote:

MTV: What did you think of the Tori Amos cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"?
    Cobain: Flattering.
    MTV: Is it true that you and Courtney Love used to wake up and dance around to it?
    Cobain: Yeah. We used to put it on every morning and have breakfast and dance around. We'd turn it up really loud and do interpretive dancing to it. It's good breakfast music.
    MTV: It's funny to listen to. The mulatto and albino part.
    Cobain: [Singing] "I'm mulatto." I know. [Laughs] For a while we were using it as an opener before we came out onstage, too. We would play that song and then we would come out doing dances to the song.
    -- Kurt Cobain; MTV Interview
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    I must say that Miley's "rocking out" moves at the beginning of the song are eerily reminiscent of Elaine's dancing on Seinfeld.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,776
    So a bunch of post-pubescent people don't like a performance marketed towards pre-pubescent people....who'da-thunk?

Next Grunge Report Headline:

10 Year Old Is Bored To Tears After Watching Tori Amos Cover SLTS on Youtube.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Poncier wrote:
    I must say that Miley's "rocking out" moves at the beginning of the song are eerily reminiscent of Elaine's dancing on Seinfeld.
    haahahaha yes i thought of that too

im more creeped by the pic over the cover. they look to be going for that incest thing like brook and hulk hogan do.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?