Options

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside 2 LP vinyl sealed RARE

RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,584
edited August 2011 in Lost Dogs
There's a dude (danielle1969954) who's selling 10 of these on ebay. Does anybody know him? Is everything alright? Are they original or bootlegs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    I don't know him but am I the only one who's tired of the word "RARE" in all the eBay listings.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,584
    RARE is a key word :lol::lol::lol:
    I don't know him but am I the only one who's tired of the word "RARE" in all the eBay listings.
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566

that's so awesome and so true !! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ive noticed these DOTU albums as well. Id love to know if theyre real also
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    :?
  • Options
    mirrorboxermirrorboxer Posts: 115
    My guess is that they are official. I say this only because, if I remember correctly, there was an auction that was selling 50? of them in bulk. I'm assuming this guy bought the lot and is now selling them individually. I can't imagine a reason for anyone to bootleg this either as they never fetched that much to begin with. I'd grab one while the market is semi flooded with them. Greater supply and minimal demand=lower cost to you. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    I think there Real Pressings . what I am trying to get out of the seller is if there colored or not they dont know but there actions says there colored .... I cant find any info ether way . I have seen other websites say black vinyl .

I emailed the seller and got the eBay dumb treatment so they don't have a clue ..
    This is the one i think there selling . http://bit.ly/nZnLMx
    it just don't say Black vinyl Or Colored . there action has it listed Colored !

Three LP entry's and one is saying Clear Vinyl But its UK
    http://bit.ly/r9kps1
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    very under rated album..think its got better with time..

i have it on clear vinyl.£3 off ebay a year ago..cant go wrong at that price
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    I'm pretty sure these are legit. Just wish it was a buy it now and I'd probably pick one up.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure these are legit. Just wish it was a buy it now and I'd probably pick one up.

they have enough of them we can just jump in the last minute to buy .

if you look at the already sold of this title they have not moved one ! .
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:

they have enough of them we can just jump in the last minute to buy .

if you look at the already sold of this title they have not moved one ! .

I have trouble remembering about auctions and I tend to forget to check on them. I'll have to somehow remind myself to go back to it close to when it will end.
  • Options
    Who ever grabbed one let me know what color the vinyl was . thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    My first bought Soundgarden vinyl record. It was released if I remembered a week or 2 before the CD hit the store shelves. I'll never forget buying it @ Sam The Record Man. Good times!!

Not sure what's up with all these new colored & clear releases on the old records. You're scared to even buy used or sealed records from year's back. There are way to many bootlegs going around. Not sure why the music industry doesn't hunt these sales down before the customer goes ahead and buy's a copy. You won't see colored bootleg Pearl Jam vinyl album records on ebay cause their sale would be closed down asap.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    people are starting to leave feedback on these .

one is saying they were warped . :?
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:

The guy did mention that he had gotten them at some sort of State auction so since they were sealed he had no idea what condition they were in. They may have been sitting in an unclimate-controlled storage unit for years.
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:

The guy did mention that he had gotten them at some sort of State auction so since they were sealed he had no idea what condition they were in. They may have been sitting in an unclimate-controlled storage unit for years.

Flat out don't care were they came from you cant sell warped records .!!!

You know they were Out of a storage shed "they had pics" . and there in Florida . If mine comes warped it will go right back & they should pray to god the vinyl is colored . You would think they would open a couple to check them out .

i cant get the seller to even respond to me . but they took my money . LOL

I really hate eBay sellers that act like this .

8396f3ea.jpg
  • Options
    I just talked to the Warped Feedback buyer .

there black vinyl " seller says there colored " LOL . and of course the seller isn't answer any of there emails.

everyone leaving positive feedback has me wondering if they opened it . :?
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:

You know they were Out of a storage shed "they had pics" . and there in Florida . If mine comes warped it will go right back & they should pray to god the vinyl is colored . You would think they would open a couple to check them out .

I'm failing to understand why you are so worked up...

You knew where the guy got them from, as he mentioned that in the listing, they were sealed and he didn't open one, so he had no idea the condition or the color, and he wasn't answering your emails to your satisfaction. So my question is: why did you buy one???
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:

I'm failing to understand why you are so worked up...

You knew where the guy got them from, as he mentioned that in the listing, they were sealed and he didn't open one, so he had no idea the condition or the color, and he wasn't answering your emails to your satisfaction. So my question is: why did you buy one???

That's weird you must be the seller . cause i cant figure out why you give a shit . of why i give a shit .

:thumbup: :wave: :clap::lol: :roll: :-D :shifty: :crazy: :wtf: :clap:
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:
    That's weird you must be the seller . cause i cant figure out why you give a shit . of why i give a shit .

This is like some car accident that I just can't stop looking at as I pass by...So I guess I'm going to respond to your 3rd attempt at posting a response (as I saw you posted and removed your response several times last night, although with the same theme of nothing constructive but accusing me of being the seller).

I normally don't get into Internet pissing matches, but for some reason every time I post something in this forum you have something to say about it, and it's usually not positive. And I'm not just talking about this thread. You act like you are some sort of vinyl expert and I have questioned you several times about your selling of mostly bootleg vinyl including Tool, specifically. If you're going to sell bootlegs at least let people know that's what they are, or else you are no better than the seller of this Soundgarden vinyl.

I have merely responded to your because it seems like you are getting worked up over this topic. And for the record, posting on this forum is going to elicit responses, so don't get offended when someone responds to you and appears to "give a shit". You have posted at least 10 times on this thread talking about how you contacted the seller and he didn't give you a satisfactory answer as to the color of the vinyl and you posted again wanting to know if anyone got one so you could find out the color. Then again you posted about the seller receiving negative feedback and how you contacted one of the buyers and how you were going to be so pissed if it turns out not to be colored. Newsflash: people on ebay don't always post correct information. They use stock photos and information they found on Google.

So you never really answered my question as to why, if you were so concerned about this not being what you thought it was, you went ahead and bought one anyway. If I were you and I contacted the seller and didn't receive the info I wanted, and felt a little uneasy about it, even if it was $35, I would have passed on it and found one somewhere else that seemed to be in the condition I was expecting.

I am no vinyl expert, but I do my diligent research and feel that I only respond to threads on here if I am confident in my info and that what I have to say will help someone asking questions or just wanting to discuss vinyl.

This is the last time I will be responding to this absurd back and forth so I hope you do get the vinyl and it isn't warped and is colored like you want it, and if it's not, then I hope you can work with the seller to get your money back and perhaps you will have learned something from the experience.