Options

when is enough enough????

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
edited April 2011 in A Moving Train
i don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on, we all have to agree that this conduct is unbecoming of ANY elected official.

click the link to see the video of the story...

Marilyn Davenport's Racist Email Denounced By OC GOP

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/1 ... 50063.html

Marilyn Davenport, a Tea Party activist and member of the Orange County Republican Party's central committee, is drawing fire from people in her own party after circulating a racist email depicting President Barack Obama and his parents as chimpanzees. In the email: "Now you know why — No birth certificate!"

The OC Weekly broke the story and were able to reach Davenport for comment. Her response:

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people--mostly people I didn't think would be upset by it."

CBS interviewed former chairman of the California Republican Party Michael Schroeder, who says that this email is Davenport's third strike. He is calling for her resignation, citing two previous incidents in which Davenport defended the racist actions of two fellow Orange County conservatives.

The first was during President Obama's inauguration, when Los Alamitos Mayor Dean Grose forwarded an email depicting a watermelon patch on the White House lawn to several people. According to Schroeder, Davenport defended Grose amidst calls for his resignation.

Schroeder also says that Davenport defended Newport Councilman Richard Nichols when he opposed installing grassy areas at a beach. His reason, according to the L.A. Times: "with grass we usually get Mexicans coming in there early in the morning and they claim it as theirs, and it becomes their personal, private grounds all day."

The Huffington Post's calls to the Republican Party of Orange County were not immediately returned.

here is a pic of what she sent....disgusting...

s-MARILYN-DAVENPORT-RACIST-EMAIL-large300.jpg
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    that is pretty pathetic. but then again, compared to all the innocent people we kill every day and exploit...
  • Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,802
    jg1988 wrote:
    that is pretty pathetic. but then again, compared to all the innocent people we kill every day and exploit...

Agreed. The email was just a stupid email, and anyone is capable of finding humor in something really tasteless. Enough is enough when the actions of politicians directly or indirectly rob and murder innocent people. That's something worth being outraged over and it happens every day.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    yeah you guys are right...what i meant was "when is enough enough with the racism and birth certificate crap???" but i forgot to put that in the origninal post.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

:mrgreen:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I think there is a lot less than there used to be, even five years ago.

I also believe people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson actually want and need it so they can stay in the spotlight.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    well maybe she deserves some credit. maybe in some sort of backward, fucked up way she belives in evolution? thats more than we can say for most teabaggers.