Options

Stone's Awesomeness!!!!

washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
edited October 2008 in The Porch
after meeting him yesterday during the planting, i've realized he's more awesome than i ever imagined! and that concert he threw, he's amazing! having a convergence of music lovers and environmentalists to raise awareness... the whole day was amazing! and when he sings, he contorts his face and it's so adorable! i've always been an ed girl given the millions of similarities we have about our lives, but i'm soon becoming a stone girl too :) re-listening to all of stone's work is really helping with my becoming a Stone girl :p i've never realized his music is just so... ahhhhh there's no word to describe it! im gonna need some brad/bayleaf/etc cds...
PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    after meeting him yesterday during the planting, i've realized he's more awesome than i ever imagined! and that concert he threw, he's amazing! having a convergence of music lovers and environmentalists to raise awareness... the whole day was amazing! and when he sings, he contorts his face and it's so adorable! i've always been an ed girl given the millions of similarities we have about our lives, but i'm soon becoming a stone girl too :) re-listening to all of stone's work is really helping with my becoming a Stone girl :p i've never realized his music is just so... ahhhhh there's no word to describe it! im gonna need some brad/bayleaf/etc cds...

I'm more of a Mike guy :P No doubt that Stone is awesome though! How is it that everybody meets the guys and I don't :( You're too lucky!! :)
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Bayleaf is amazing.
    I really enjoy all the brad stuff, especially Interiors.
    Plus the stuff he's written for Pearl Jam is some of their best stuff.
    Everyone in the band is so talented, they're like a supergroup when they are all together.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    commenting above,
    Thin Air and Of The Girl are some beautiful songs by Stone.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thin Air and Of The Girl are some beautiful songs by Stone.
    In Hiding is my fav. riff by Stone
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    thin air and of the girl too? goodness, learning more and more about stone is like opening up a present each time :) those are some of my FAVORITE songs. i told him in hiding and all or none are some of my favorite songs, and that riot act was my favorite album. he was a little taken aback by that statement, im guessing he hears a lot of shit about how bad the album is...
    @gndcd, you'll meet him! i met him while we were planting things, i didnt even think he was going to be there, if i did i would have brought my camera... :( but who cares, he signed my free tickets! i'm still in shock! :D:D:D

on a side note.... lost dogs came on 7" 45s yes..? i really hope so.. i just bought one from some guy on a used vinyl site. i didnt want to make another thread on it, so hopefully people will know
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
  • Options
    thin air and of the girl too? goodness, learning more and more about stone is like opening up a present each time :) those are some of my FAVORITE songs. i told him in hiding and all or none are some of my favorite songs, and that riot act was my favorite album. he was a little taken aback by that statement, im guessing he hears a lot of shit about how bad the album is...
    @gndcd, you'll meet him! i met him while we were planting things, i didnt even think he was going to be there, if i did i would have brought my camera... :( but who cares, he signed my free tickets! i'm still in shock! :D:D:D

on a side note.... lost dogs came on 7" 45s yes..? i really hope so.. i just bought one from some guy on a used vinyl site. i didnt want to make another thread on it, so hopefully people will know
    sorry cant help you out there.
    im sure you could start a new thread and get more responses there.

If i had a record player, I would actually get some vinyl and know more about this stuff! :P
  • Options
    Have been a LONG TIME Stone Girl :D he is totally the best..have met him 3 times & was in complete awe!!!

Am desperatley hanging for his new album to drop....STONE ROCKS!!! :D
  • Options
    i just realized today that meeting stone changed my life! :eek: seeing what a great guy he is and how dedicated he is to the environment has changed me. i never really bought into the hype, i guess i didnt really care enough, but after our meeting, i find myself thinking about ways i can be more aware and help out. i guess i took it for granted because my school is just so environmentally aware. i HIGHLY recommend planting trees with earthkeepers to everyone, and if you really cant make it, try to make the show because it's really worth it :)
  • Options
    Stone rules, period.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    yeah met stone also on saturday night after the show he really is awsome i had a brief convo probably 45 seconds ..

i thanked him for all the music and for also playing down in CHILE he said they loved it down there, great night ....:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    fuck the Stone,Ed or Mike shit...just be a Pearl Jam Girl and everything else will be irrelevant.

i wonder if Stone felt humbled by the fact his 4 shows didn't sell out and there were about 75-80 people in the 1200 seat venue he played (while Ed's shows sold out in seconds and the venues held 5 x the amount of people.)
  • Options
    Stone rules, period.

Stone DOES Rule
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    fuck the Stone,Ed or Mike shit...just be a Pearl Jam Girl and everything else will be irrelevant.

i wonder if Stone felt humbled by the fact his 4 shows didn't sell out and there were about 75-80 people in the 1200 seat venue he played (while Ed's shows sold out in seconds and the venues held 5 x the amount of people.)
    wow...thats all that showed up? I think that unless your a realPJ fan...most dont know any of the band members but Eddie.....but these type of events change that. I dont think Stone would care either way imo....He is probably happy enough helping a great cause and then jammin out.

I think the boys are used to Ed in the spotlight.....plus Stone doesnt seem like the spotlight type to me.....Mike yes...but Stone, Jeff , and Matt....I dont see it.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    I dont think Stone would care either way imo....He is probably happy enough helping a great cause and then jammin out.

I think the boys are used to Ed in the spotlight.....plus Stone doesnt seem like the spotlight type to me.....Mike yes...but Stone, Jeff , and Matt....I dont see it.

i think that is true to a certain extent,but being human we all have an ego and as cool as Stone is you know that deep down inside he wishes he could pack a house like Ed (and wishes he had pipes like Ed).

Fuck...I know I DO!! (wish i could sing like Ed) :D

I guess he'll (Stone)have to settle for awesome guitarist and song writer :D
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    I guess he'll (Stone)have to settle for awesome guitarist and song writer :D
    In one of the biggest bands ever......he's doing not to bad from where I sit:)
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    bayleaf sits right up there next to ITW if you ask me, fantastic solo record.
    the riffmeister has alot more going on in his bag of tricks than he lets on
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options

yes, i realize that pear jam is the most important part and i am a pearl jam girl :) i know that if even one of them left they wouldnt have the same dynamic they do and would have to break up, theyre just too perfect for each other. they work wonderfully together. but what i meant is that when i first got into the band, i had a huge thing for ed because we have the same feelings on war, abortion, earth, etc, and because we had a similar home life (from what i gather in songs and interviews). thankfully my mom knew better and separated from my dad after an incident that caused a NUN to tell her to get a divorce! (said nun left the habit a year later :D) but now after meeting stone i've found more love for him than i realized :)

also, about the differences in solo shows, i dont think he cared about how many people showed up at his show Vs ed's show. i think he was just thrilled at the turnout during the planting and the amount of awareness he helped raise. also, it wasn't really a solo show, it was a convergence of music lovers and hippies alike to enjoy not only stone's music but vince mira and learn about helping the environment. some people might have thought it would be boring :p
  • Options
    what the hell is up with the college girls meeting the guys?! :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    what the hell is up with the college girls meeting the guys?! :p
    it's all about the pusssaaaayyy :rolleyes:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    it's all about the pusssaaaayyy :rolleyes:
    i dunno if youre kidding (the internet is annoying with that) but i resent that.. :(
    and if you are kidding, then... haha
  • Options

i spoke to him he was very gracious and humble about having fans at the show on saturday he said he loves doing these kinds of shows on saturday there weren't any seats ..
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    yeah met stone also on saturday night after the show he really is awsome i had a brief convo probably 45 seconds ..

i thanked him for all the music and for also playing down in CHILE he said they loved it down there, great night ....:D
    aw that's awesome you got to meet him! i got tix for the SF show, looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    aw that's awesome you got to meet him! i got tix for the SF show, looking forward to it :)
    you're going? try and do the planting! that whole day changed my life! go if you can make it :)
  • Options
    yeah if the venue is anything like saturday he will come out after the show is over and mingle with the fans ....:D
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    you're going? try and do the planting! that whole day changed my life! go if you can make it :)
    nice! :) yeah i decided to just get tix rather than go the planting/free ticket route, just because i don't live in the city, and wouldn't have time to get back home and shower/change. i'll bring the funk to a stone show, just not the stinky kind :o haha
    yeah if the venue is anything like saturday he will come out after the show is over and mingle with the fans ....:D

that would be awesome, hopefully we can get a chance to say hi to him! already met mike this year and got close enough to ed, let's keep the band-meeting ball rolling i say haha
  • Options
    nice! :) yeah i decided to just get tix rather than go the planting/free ticket route, just because i don't live in the city, and wouldn't have time to get back home and shower/change. i'll bring the funk to a stone show, just not the stinky kind :o haha

that would be awesome, hopefully we can get a chance to say hi to him! already met mike this year and got close enough to ed, let's keep the band-meeting ball rolling i say haha

he he you go girl keep it going enjoy it :D ..
  • Options

See you in SF, can't wait, excited I am! ;)
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    In one of the biggest bands ever......he's doing not to bad from where I sit:)

yeah..i guess he does ok ;)
  • Options
    i dunno if youre kidding (the internet is annoying with that) but i resent that.. :(
    and if you are kidding, then... haha
    i was kidding :)

in their mid-40's, with wives & children, i can't exactly see stone hi-fiving ed after tapping into the college market ;)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Stone Gossard is the reason I picked up the guitar and started to write songs. The guy is a genius. I honestly can not say where I would be without Stone and Pearl Jam right now.......And I wish I got to meet him haha