Options

away and depressed at school, need some PJ songs to make me feel better

red_ledbetterred_ledbetter Posts: 39
edited August 2008 in The Porch
So i have been away for 5 days now and im feeling kinda homesick. My significant other is almost 3 hours away as with all my friends. The concert on MGS last night made me feel a lot better but what songs do some of you recommend to make me less depressed about things?

Thanks all! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    No Code in its entirety. Not sure why but when I'm not in the greatest of moods that is the one Pearl Jam album that I seem to spin. And it always picks me up
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    Listen to Long Road.
    Things end and others begin again.
    Rock steady.
    Hold On
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Down!!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    what school are you attending? as to your question, go out, get drunk, smoke some pot, make some new friends and have a great time, you only live once!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Listen to the loudest, most rockin' ones, jump around, and dance and sing your ass off. You will feel better, guaranteed.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    you need to hear some kick ass rocking songs, like, state of love and trust, spin the black circle, hail hail, rearviewmirror.. i swear if you crank up the volume with these songs and just rock out you'll feel better :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    McJuicy wrote:
    you only live once!

I made the mistake of continuing a 2 year relationship into my and her first 2 years of College, an hour and a half apart. Thought we would get married, checked out rings, lived together, blah, blah, blah...The second you have a moment with a new person, you will see that the long distance thing is very sadly, just what everyone says it is- Not going to work. Hopefully, for YOU it doesn't take 2 years. So the sooner you get to sniffing around, the sooner you will not need to listen to sad songs to make you happy...Don't get me wrong, I am VERY HAPPILY married right now with 2 children, and I wish the fun I had after that relationship would have been 2 years longer. Go do something fun with yourself, preferably in an environment with many people, like a party...shouldn't be hard to find on a campus...
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    When i get down, I listen to No Code as well. Especially, Present Tense...

that song, which is currently my favorite, starts off so eiry and sad but by the end it's way upbeat and makes me feel all good again.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    In Hiding, Present Tense, Undone. Otherwise, take a drive a today and just rock it out.
  • Options
    I'm assuming you're in first year? The thing that always worked best for me if I got homesick (and still does, even though I live off campus now and am in third year), is to go somewhere peaceful and remotely secluded outside of school and just unwind by yourself for a while. I have a place in downtown Ottawa that I love to go to by myself just to chill with my thoughts and my music. Oh and if it overlooks some sort of water, even better. :)
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I'm questioning my education...
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    gremmie out of control.....

cowabunga!!!!
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    what school are you attending? as to your question, go out, get drunk, smoke some pot, make some new friends and have a great time, you only live once!

This is good advice. Or, if you feel like listening to PJ, make sure you leave your door open if you're in the dorm so you can draw people in ;) THEN go party with those people!!
  • Options
    I just graduated... I wish I could go back!

Present Tense and BREATH. Breath got me through the most difficult summer I've ever head. Turn 'em up LOUD.
  • Options
    I just graduated... I wish I could go back!

Present Tense and BREATH. Breath got me through the most difficult summer I've ever head. Turn 'em up LOUD.
    I'm going with LUKIN on this one- that's always a quick pick-me-upper!!!
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LizzyLizzy Posts: 32
    "I Believe In Miracles" always makes me feel fantastic!
  • Options
    go outside and walk around and find people to party with...it cant be that hard, always works at any school :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    thanks all. im taking all that advice to heart :)
  • Options
    by the way i go to Oswego. Its a small school on Lake Ontario in NY.
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    GO!
    Always gets me in a good mood.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Corduroy always makes me smile. No Code is also a good suggestion though. Good luck! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    So i have been away for 5 days now and im feeling kinda homesick. My significant other is almost 3 hours away as with all my friends. The concert on MGS last night made me feel a lot better but what songs do some of you recommend to make me less depressed about things?

Thanks all! :)

Listen to EVENFLOW then PORCH then OCEANS strait into BIG WAVE. And of course theres GO, RATS, TREMOR CHRIST, BRAIN OF J, SPIN, SOLAT, ooooooh dont forget ALIVE, WHY GO, DEEP, LIFE WASTED, COMATOSE for sure. Tons to choose from :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!