Options

Eddie's Slip-on Boots

givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Just wondering if anyone knows the brand of Ed's brown slip on boots?

Before I get replies about "who cares" or "buy what you want" can I preface it with it is a long running bet with a friend of mine since IIC DVD came out with the boot closeup of Ed stepping on his cigarette at the beginning.

Just want to clear it up.

Here's the best link I could find: http://dailyblabber.ivillage.com/entertainment/archives/Eddie_75954258.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    NERDS!
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Wow :eek:

Wish I looked THAT happy in MY Blundstones :D:D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:

Here's the best link I could find: http://dailyblabber.ivillage.com/entertainment/archives/Eddie_75954258.jpg

Thanks in advance.
    Fuck that's such a bad pic of Ed :eek: ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Fuck that's such a bad pic of Ed :eek: ;)
    Not the best for the boots but couldn't find anything else that didn't have his daughter with him.
  • Options
    That's cool if they are Blundstones. Made in Australia! Up until a few months ago that is...

Are they Blundstones for sure?
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    Not the best for the boots but couldn't find anything else that didn't have his daughter with him.
    good to see the respect :)

I just thought it was funny :D
    The boots are very...Ed ;)
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    That's cool if they are Blundstones. Made in Australia! Up until a few months ago that is...

Are they Blundstones for sure?

Pretty sure.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Pretty sure.
    Could they be Rossi's??? :eek:
  • Options
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Definately Blundstones.
  • Options
    They are definitely Blundstones...
    almost all the band picked them up in Australia during the 2003 tour...if you look through enough pics during the US leg, you'll see each of them wearing Blunnies at one point of time or another...
    I noticed cause I've been wearing them for years...best boots out there!
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows the brand of Ed's brown slip on boots?

Before I get replies about "who cares" or "buy what you want" can I preface it with it is a long running bet with a friend of mine since IIC DVD came out with the boot closeup of Ed stepping on his cigarette at the beginning.

Just want to clear it up.

Thanks in advance.
    haha- funny ass pic :D
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    They are definitely Blundstones...
    almost all the band picked them up in Australia during the 2003 tour...if you look through enough pics during the US leg, you'll see each of them wearing Blunnies at one point of time or another...
    I noticed cause I've been wearing them for years...best boots out there!

Yeah Im pretty sure they are Blunstones too, a couple Australian friends brought a few pairs back from home and they look just like Ed's.
    I dont like them though, I've heard they are very very comfortable but IMO they are very ugly.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    I brought a pair of these after seeing Ed wearing something similiar - in Peanut:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W033ZW

They are so very comfortable amd would reccomend them.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Damn, now I want them...
  • Options
    They are very popular here in Australia. After 130 years or something they are now being made in India instead of Australia. Too bad. Still good boots though.
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    They do look like some great shoes. What are they and where can one find them?
  • Options
    Haha, I had no idea Ed wore these. I have a pair for wearing around my parents' barn -- they're pretty much the mandatory footwear, better than the usual paddock boots, for many horsey people. I think they're comfortable but I never wear them anywhere else. They're just associated with 'the barn' for me. Pretty sure you can buy them at select tack shops or leather/"cowboy" type stores, and probably some outdoor sport stores.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    DR. MARTINS also makes a similar "slip on" boot that I have seen Ed wear.....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **