Options

Paul Westerberg

Nowhere ManNowhere Man Posts: 345
edited April 2011 in Other Music
I have been heavy into "The Replacements" since I discovered them over a year ago, love their work, but recently I bought Paul Westerberg's "Folker" and was blown away by this album, really made me appreciate this guy so much more. I am just going to buy "14 Songs" next, I here its a great one as well.
Anyone else have some love for the Replacements or Westerberg?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nima36Nima36 Posts: 221
    Gotta love the Mats and Westerberg. Mono/Stereo is awesome as is the Come Feel Me Tremble DVD. Really you can't go wrong with any of his stuff.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Love Westerberg and the Mats. Agree with the Come Feel Me Tremble DVD but I like pretty much all of his solo stuff. I also really enjoy his Grandpa boy album and surprisingly his songs on Open Season SDTK is really good. His latest digital singles and his last 7" were all really good as well.

Also, if you are a Mats fan and you haven't yet check out the book All over but the shouting.
  • Options
    IllinsIllins Posts: 5
    I'm a WesterNerd, too. Check out Paul's digital 49:00-probably still available somewhere online. Saw the Mats break up at in Grant Park in Chicago. Quite a day.
  • Options
    I love 'Pleased to Meet Me'. Classic.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    Check out this HOT number.  I'm sure there must be a video without the German voice over intro, but the music-- oh yeah!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Coolest rock singer ever
  • Options
    Coolest rock singer ever
    Yes!  :smiley:

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    The mixes for the new Dont Tell A Soul sound amazing so far 
  • Options
    The mixes for the new Dont Tell A Soul sound amazing so far 
    I'm REALLY hoping they come out with just the single LP remix on vinyl- don't really need the other stuff.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Best breakup band ever ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....