Options

So....

Mondo BizarroMondo Bizarro Posts: 26
edited August 2008 in The Porch
How often do you hear Pearl Jam on the radio, what songs do you most commonly hear, and what songs would you have your radio stations play that aren't played frequently or at all?

Around here, if it isn't off Ten, it doesn't get airtime.
Drifting away..........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Here in FInland.. its pretty rare to hear any PJ from the radio -- sadly.. - few weeks ago I heard Jeremy from a finnish radio station called Radio Rock.
    :)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    about 6 months ago here in Tampa they started playing PJ on the CLASSIC ROCK station, along with AIC, SG, STP, and nirvana.

But they play A LOT of PJ. So its cool, even though its a definte sign of "getting old."

(but to answer the question, its mostly Yellow Ledbetter, Black, and Even Flow, and Alive.)
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    Wow- and I thought I had it bad.... we get them at least once, maybe twice a day... usually Dissident or Black... sometimes Jeremy, Alive or Evenflow.... but I actually heard I Got Id two days ago :D
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I heard Even Flow from RVM once followed by the Dirty Frank they have on Gremmie. Usually it's just Alive, Betterman, Jeremy, Even Flow, Why Go. Although, today they apparently played Breath and Not For You.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Local radio here doesn't touch anything more recent than "Hail Hail." Funny the songs I hear the most are the ones that weren't actually singles, like Once and Why Go.

They play the first six off "Ten"
    Animal, Dissident and EWBTCIAST from "Vs
    Not For You and Betterman from "Vitalogy"
    Hail Hail from "No Code"

oh and Last Kiss as well

Edit: forgot...every now and then you get Given To Fly and Wishlist. That's the "newest" material played.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    in new york i always hear even flow, jeremy, black, betterman, daughter, yellow ledbetter, small town, and most frequently is alive. pearl jam i feel like is in pretty heavy rotation on multiple new york stations. one station, rxp, actually plays a lot of deeper cuts, just the other day i was driving and i heard in hiding, this came the day after i had heard indifference. i always get a happy surprise when i'm listening and a great pearl jam song comes on.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Down by me I hear quite a bit.. I have 2 stations I listen to. 95.9 the Wrat and 106.3.. They play a good mix on both these stations. I hear alot of the classics but they always toss in newer ones as well. Its always nice to hear Spn the Black Circle or Down etc.. These guys mix it up.

You NYC guys maybe able to pick these stations up towards you. If not I know when you come down to the "shore" you can def get them.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    the rarest song i've ever heard on the radio was crazy mary. other than that, it's gotta be from ten or vs :rolleyes:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    In Australia iv only heard Betterman, Daughter and Alive - even they are rare.
    The alternative radio station here plays the new singles when an album comes out, but its rare to hear it again.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...