Options

My thoughts and feelings about last nite's Mlwaukee show.

13»

Comments

• Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    Email to JSOline.com that they plan to publish in the 8/25/08 letters to the editor...

This past weekend after receiving a polite, "just checking in" email from the Milwaukee Brewers regarding my ticket package, I replied with fury as I unleashed my frustration with the "disruptive, obnoxious, and unruly people" that have ruined multiple Brewer games for me and other fans this season. In hindsight, it probably was not fair to the person receiving the email, but I am just frustrated with how acceptable some of the disrespectful behavior has become.

Last night, I attended the Eddie Vedder show at the Riverside, and Erik Ernst's title put it best when he said, "Vedder's talent, solo show vision lost on audience". For those of you who were not there or did not see the article, fans continuously yelled song requests and even personal attacks at Eddie Vedder even after he requested that they stop in order to be respectful, not to him, but to the fans that came to hear his music and not their yelling.

I feel Milwaukee's reputation is starting to slip based on the actions of a small group of people who attend public events, usually intoxicated, and feel they have the right to do whatever they want with no regard for the people around them. People seem to blame numerous factors, notably alcohol and “Cubs fans”, but maybe we need to start blaming ourselves for accepting this behavior as part of the experience.

Milwaukee 7-9-95
    East Troy 6-26-98
    East Troy 10-8-00
    Milwaukee 6-29-06
    Milwaukee 6-30-06
    (EV) Milwaukee 8-19-08 (Could not get TC tix since I have a job!)
    Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    Ok it's been a couple days and here's my final thoughts about the Riverside show. It kicked major ass from start to finish. Yea the drunk fucks spoiled it a little bit. Ed's voice was amazing and the sound was great at the Riverside. My seat was amazing being in the 4th row on the left side just a bit. Nobody was in front of me so it was pretty much was 1st row. I sat there enjoying each song and had a great fucking time. I myself will have a few to get a buzz b4 a show but then that's it. I let the music take over and I feel just fine. :)

I thank you Ed for coming to Milwaukee and am sorry for the rude fucks. I'm 30 now and fully take pride in living in the cheesehead state. I can't stand that ''cheesehead'' term and some of you know this. And some of you just love to tease me about it. Which I guess is fine for a laugh now and then. Heck I even bring it up. But Milwaukee/Wisconsin is my home and that's cool with me. The Milwaukee show was a great example of taking the good with the bad. And in the end it turned out ok after all. :D

Thanks Ed for a great fucking show. :)
  • Options
    So, did any of the hecklers get the shit kicked out of them? Enough with the talk, take some action.

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. :)
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    brian_chbrian_ch Posts: 30
    Eddie ripped on them tonight. After a few songs, he said something along the lines of "we're only a few songs in, and you are already better than the crowd in Milwaukee. You guys can handle your alcohol better". I know that Alpine is a great place for them to play....They always put on a great show there. They will be back... and so will I.
    Brian_Ch
    PJ
    06-26-98, WI, 08-18-00 IN, 10-08-00 WI, 10-09-00 IL, 06-18-03 IL, 06-21-03 WI, 10-03-04 MI, 05-16-06 IL, 05-17-06 IL, 08-23-09 IL, 08-24-09 IL, 07-19-13 IL

EV
    08-21-08 IL, 08-22-08 IL, 07-15-11 WA, 07-16-11 WA
  • Options
    Hey, take it easy big guy. The show was fantastic! We loved how EV orchestrated the backdrops/scenery with his songs. He sang with such emotion that we were really moved. Got a laugh when he came out with the mask and started sweeping. Liam and EJ were very good. 99.9% of the fans were super.

Riverside was easy to get to and was well managed. Security was friendly Awesome. Milwaukee was fun from the "Bronze Fonz" to the art museum. Great city to visit. Great beer. Also:

The fan who kept yelling for Lukin never got his wish. EV was so cool talking about him.

Security took another person (who may have been intoxicated) and ejected him from the crowd.

Thanks for the pre show fund raiser at Mo's. Lots of great fans and PJ raps there. Happy to meet you. Hope to see you again.
    Hold On