Options

Pearl Jam to do a ladies only tour?

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Usher is doing it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7595538.stm) and apparently Pearl Jam are following suit.

"We think Usher is a revolutionary artist and this ladies only tour reinforces that," a source close to the band tells Billboard.com. "Pearl Jam have always been a hit with the ladies, and this way we can filter out all of the drunk men."

The tour will soon be followed by a Democrats-only tour in 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    How much are those operations these days?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over_bends wrote:

holy shit!! i was going to say what is a size 13 mens in a womans shoe but you just fucking topped my shit and creeped me out at the same time!!!

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm all for that!! And in a nice small venue...:)
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Usher is doing it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7595538.stm) and apparently Pearl Jam are following suit.

"We think Usher is a revolutionary artist and this ladies only tour reinforces that," a source close to the band tells Billboard.com. "Pearl Jam have always been a hit with the ladies, and this way we can filter out all of the drunk men."

Keeping 3 or 4 guys outta every venue wouldn't be hard for Usher to do anyways. Pearl Jam on the other hand, lol
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Maybe this will provide a perfect setting for Eddie to bust out that Barry White ditty he did during his solo shows.

Red Lights
    Smoke Machines
    Champagne
    Soothing Sounds

"Let My Love Open The Door" will miss the low parts in the sing-along...But oh well...

The Frat Boys will have to find somewhere else to vomit and piss themselves.

I guess Dave Mathews is always on tour...They'll fit in just fine with that crowd
  • Options
    am i the only one who doesnt see that quote in the link provided?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    WOMEN Jezz....if a man said that all hell would break loose!
  • Options
    dont be pathetic

SAUSAGE FEST!
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    lol this would cause divorce and break-ups throughout the pearl jam community ! lol

i would be pissed if my gf got to go to a show without me, since i took her to her first PJ show !! lol.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    Sounds like an episode of Bussom Buddies!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    lmao!

thanks for the laugh.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Sounds like an episode of Bussom Buddies!

Nice! You hit the nail on the head with that one.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    If something like this would ever happen... I'd definitely go.. :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    am i the only one who doesnt see that quote in the link provided?

It's in the fourth paragraph.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Women only? I'm sure all 10 of us would really like it.... ;)
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,574
    over_bends wrote:

LMAO! XD

To be honest it'll be a show full of PJ Fans' girlfriends who have a list of merch to get!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Women only? I'm sure all 10 of us would really like it.... ;)

It certainly would be intimate, but I'd kinda miss the bro' choir singing along.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    this is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. that being said, i'll throw on a dress anytime to rock with a bunch of girls at a PJ show.
  • Options
    dont be pathetic

SAUSAGE FEST!

Don't fret, I'll throw on a dress and it will still be a sausage fest...for all the ladies that is...

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Maybe then we wouldn't have any audience members peeing themselves...or would we? ;)
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    A little bit confused.
    I hope this thread is a joke. I hope.
    Although I'm a woman, I can't believe PJ could do such a stupid thing like this...
    Just comparing Themselves to such a boysband (I know, Usher is a solo artist, but... it doesn't matter)?

And music for all...!!! ;)

PS. if this become the true - maybe later do show for democrates, or black, or short people???
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    halszka123 wrote:
    A little bit confused.
    I hope this thread is a joke. I hope.
    Although I'm a woman, I can't believe PJ could do such a stupid thing like this...
    Just comparing Themselves to such a boysband (I know, Usher is a solo artist, but... it doesn't matter)?

And music for all...!!! ;)

PS. if this become the true - maybe later do show for democrates, or black, or short people???

:rolleyes:

• Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    It's in the fourth paragraph.
    Haha, simply using my browser's "Find" function show that the words "Pearl" and "Jam", as separate words, show up nowhere on that page.

:D

Good for a laugh though.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    muppet wrote:

By women's only tour I hope they mean only women and of course me.........................ladies have to have something to look at lol. That would be the greatest ratio ever, lol.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,983
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    Haha, simply using my browser's "Find" function show that the words "Pearl" and "Jam", as separate words, show up nowhere on that page.

:D

Good for a laugh though.
    the quote was "only a few artists could pull this off"
    WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    what a silly idea!!

the PJ girls i know can rock out with the best of us, and have no trouble dealing with the dickhead guys you get in the crowds
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Judging by the PJ shows I've been to, there would be about 10 women there.
    Sam
  • Options
    Srory, it wulod nveer wrok whit tihs bnad. We lvoe tehm too mcuh.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,076
    a pure ladies crowd, no guy's aloud show? hmm ..

*finds out when this happens & applies to get that usher job for that night! :p

i'm single. so leave me alone. ha.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,076
    Srory, it wulod nveer wrok whit tihs bnad. We lvoe tehm too mcuh.

mama mia!!! i thought i was tripping after reading this messed up sentence. thought something was in my green tea latte, but ... damn!!!