Options

Black - We Belong Together Ending

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheRiotActTheRiotAct Posts: 131
    A few months ago someone posted a version of black with about 5 different tags just spliced into the ending of the song. Includes some amazing tags. Im a sucker for anything additional to the we belong together tages.
    "Close but no sitar." ~ EV
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    musically has to be Live on Two Legs. fucking hell people i just love the way it drags on ever so quietly at the end and mike's solo drained my soul

i agree about MTV's unplugged in terms of emotions from ed. wow! classic!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    TheRiotAct wrote:
    A few months ago someone posted a version of black with about 5 different tags just spliced into the ending of the song. Includes some amazing tags. Im a sucker for anything additional to the we belong together tages.

i downloaded something from green habit compiliation that had a 15 minute version of black from canada? pretty intense
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    dirtyT wrote:
    Atlanta 94 I believe, it is on the Dissident 3 pack single set.

I have this boot, and I love the tag for this song. He sounds so soulful when he's singing it.
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:

very cool!!
    Angel

• Options
    Hello, everybody, greetings from Poland ;)

23-11-05 - Santiago, Chile. It's not the best 'Black' ever, but the ending tag is very interesting and surprising:
    'I didn't need you
    I didn't need you
    To make my dreams come true
    Goodbye... So long...'.
    Comparing it to the original painful and hopeless lyrics I must say I find it quite confusing. The contrast is really big.
    Unfortunately, I haven't found this version on youtube. If you want you, you can download the whole concert (.avi) from here:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1239837

A day without 'Black' is a lost day ;)
  • Options
    wookeezwookeez Posts: 17
    Yeah, DC 08 Black was amazing, best yet I have seen live, listen to the boot. He sings this at the end, good stuff!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    For those pimping the Atlanta 94, are we talking 4/2 or 4/3?
  • Options
    I'm talking about 4/3.
    Angel

• Options
    pink1969 wrote:
    I'm talking about 4/3.

thanks

haven;'t listened to that show in ages

popping it in now
  • Options
    jarch11jarch11 Posts: 52
    DC 08 black was ridiculous... Great Tag...
    Gorge Night 1 06 was pretty sweet too.... "make the pain go away" instead of we belong together...
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    San Jose Spartan Stadium was in the first hand full of PJ shows that I attended, but it was the one that got me hooked forever. After a near death in the heat at the SF polo fields, PJ returned the SJ to rock a packed out Spartan Stadium. Amazing show and die hard PJ fans should track down this bootleg that was given away a few weeks after the show.

You speak the truth my brother... I keep that set of discs in a safe place. That was one amazing AMAZING day. So much build up after ed got sick...being introduced to Ben Harper... all of it. Quite a show. Probably my favorite PJ boot of all time too.
  • Options
    I have to also say Atlanta 4/3/94. My absolute fave version of not only this song but any song they have ever played. I like how the music gets all quiet during the chorus and Eds vocals are perfect. Never before or since have I connected emotionally with him to that level. I get chills not only when i hear it, but just thinking about it and right now typing this, i have goosebumps thinking of the pure emotion he pours out at the end of this performance. Vocal tour de force.
    "You can't even remember what I'm trying to forget"
  • Options
    can anyone send me an mp3 of the Atlanta '94? I would love to have/hear it.

Thanks
    Don't need a helmet...I've got a hard, hard head...

6.21.98 UT, 7.11.98 NV, 9.8.98 NJ, 8.23.00 NY, 8.24.00 NY, 8.25.00 NY, 10.21.00 AZ, 11.3.00 ID,
    12.8.02 WA, 4.1.03 CO, 10.22.03 Benaroya Hall,
    9.1.05 The Gorge, 9.2.05 Vancouver
    7.3.06 Denver, 7.06.06 Las Vegas, 6.30.08 Boston, 9.28.09 SLC, 10.09.09 San Diego
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Albe wrote:
    Camden 5-28-06

Before Eddie sings the "we belong together" tag, he throws in a little bit of "So Lonely". Great stuff.

He was when in odd mood that night. I guess you had to be there. Seemed like he was really in the moment.

I was JUST listening to that one. I don't know about the best version but I definitely agree with your second statement. I think he was actually crying at one point during that tag :(
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    coachchris wrote:

that was my birthday

I loved that moment - beautiful
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    Audio for Black in Atlanta 4/3/94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPXJJNeXCus
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    sydney australia night 1 of the 2006 tour was bloody brilliant tag of we belong together
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    rhandley wrote:
    "Black" Pittsburgh 2006, he actually started choking up at the end (crying), and Mike was just making the emotion even more extreme. I was there and when the song was over Ed walked over to Stone put his head on Stone's shoulders and hugged him for several seconds, as if he was thanking stone for the beutiful song.

WOW! i just listened to it. that IS amazing! but my all time fave has got to be St. Petersburg 1994:

"if you love... if you love someone, let 'em be free... let 'em be free... let 'em be FREE!
    you BELONG to me!
    YOUUUUUUUUUUUU BELONG TO ME!
    YOUUUUUUUUUUUU BELONG TO ME!
    "

not usually into possessive men, but FUCK this turns me on every single time i hear it.
    "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else."
    -Eat, Pray, Love
  • Options
    On WMA from the ATL show...who is singing part of the song and what is the significance of the date?

EDIT - NVM...MLK was shot on this day...I knew it had to be something of that sort but i looked up April 3rd instead of 4th and couldn't find anything
  • Options
    How can I get Pittsburgh and Camden?
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    On WMA from the ATL show...who is singing part of the song and what is the significance of the date?

EDIT - NVM...MLK was shot on this day...I knew it had to be something of that sort but i looked up April 3rd instead of 4th and couldn't find anything

the second singer is Doug Pinnick, he's the singer from Kings X, and the same guy Jeff said he'd recorded with for solo material.....
  • Options
    Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    KacperPL wrote:
    Hello, everybody, greetings from Poland ;)

23-11-05 - Santiago, Chile. It's not the best 'Black' ever, but the ending tag is very interesting and surprising:
    'I didn't need you
    I didn't need you
    To make my dreams come true
    Goodbye... So long...'.
    Comparing it to the original painful and hopeless lyrics I must say I find it quite confusing. The contrast is really big.
    Unfortunately, I haven't found this version on youtube. If you want you, you can download the whole concert (.avi) from here:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1239837

A day without 'Black' is a lost day ;)

A wave from Germany to Poland. :D

I absolutely agree with you, Chile is a very special version of Black. Love that one. I'm also a fan of the mtv unplugged + atlanta performences.

By the way ... I've found this Chile video on youtube: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=rmQVBVD8i3s&feature=PlayList&p=E8A897E1C674D5CE&index=6
  • Options
    rhandley wrote:
    "Black" Pittsburgh 2006, he actually started choking up at the end (crying), and Mike was just making the emotion even more extreme. I was there and when the song was over Ed walked over to Stone put his head on Stone's shoulders and hugged him for several seconds, as if he was thanking stone for the beutiful song. I will never forget that moment. Pittsburgh is a must bootleg with a killer extended Rockin in the Free World.

Amazing. They also played "waiting on a friend" that show - sick.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    also, the Austria 06 tag is pretty good...

something along the lines of:

"I drink to you,
    where ever you are tonight
    I drink to you...
    I'm havin a better time than you are - tonight!"
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    coachchris wrote:

Definately awesome! :D
  • Options
    Toronto 2005 is killer
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.