Options

Eddie Solo Tour Thoughts

lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I was just thinking how Eddie's second leg tour skipped Michigan, Ohio & Pennsylvania. I believe all three states were considered "swing states" in 2004 & Pearl Jam played shows for the America Coming Together tour. Do you think Eddie skipped these three states because he plans on doing something similar to 2004?

Probably just wishful thinking, but i am trying to justify why the solo tour skipped Detroit & Cleveland.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I highly doubt politics had anything to do with where he's playing and where he's not.

I'm sure it was a matter of logistics - travel and available venues

I would be very surprised if PJ or Ed did anything more this year.
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    No politics tour, just finish a new album and rest up!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    its a bullshit tour all around

solo shit
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    NY PJ1 wrote:

solo shit

Have you been to any?
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Did you see Immagine in Cornice?

Where he says: "I kinda go where they tell me"
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    Have you been to any?

NAH MAN i have no interest

maybe ill catch a ny show if i have tickets lying around , but it will be hard to "sit " at a concert
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    NY PJ1 wrote:

solo shit

we're all well aware of your thoughts........probably not going to change the fact that people will still go, and that it'll be an amazing show all around.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    The band is too politically minded not to throw their support towards Obama in some way or another.

I'm sure the boys will do something.

Eddie will likely hit the swing states for some solo gigs...

The State Theater, St Andrews, or the Magic Stick in Detroit would be awesome for this type of tour; as would Bogarts in Cinncinnati.

Who knows?

I'm just happy that I'll get to see him play Massey Hall both shows.

Toronto will likely not see Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam until 2009-2010 in support of the new album.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    No politics tour, just finish a new album and rest up!
    Yes! Then, for heaven's sake, please tour the south! Red Rocks too!
  • Options
    we're all well aware of your thoughts........probably not going to change the fact that people will still go, and that it'll be an amazing show all around.

WELL THIS WAS A NEW THREAD ASKING SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THEM AGAIN

i hope all of u cats enjoy yourselves

(sorry for caps)
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,839
    NY PJ1 wrote:

(sorry for caps)

It's OK about the caps -- you're from new york, i know you guys are loud and gotta yell down there :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I hope I don't have to hear "Man of the Hour."
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    The band is too politically minded not to throw their support towards Obama in some way or another.

Let me say it again~ I sure hope so~ I would love to see his solo tour come south to WPB~HELL YEH! ~and we sure need his help here with this election! I have been campaining~ its very close~ not easy or fun~ but Im not goiing to let McCain/Bush win this and finish us off for good.
    Hey~ has anyone checked out HAARP? Its the real reason we are going from analog to digital ~ its so crazy~ please google it and do not get discouraged with the tech stuff~ PLEASE check this shit out~ help educate people about this!! Its freekin me out and no one seems to care~ HELP
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    NY PJ1 wrote:

(sorry for caps)

that's ok, maybe your non-interest was the reason i was able to get tix for both ny shows. thank you.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

The State Theater, St Andrews, or the Magic Stick in Detroit would be awesome for this type of tour; as would Bogarts in Cinncinnati.

Who knows?

I'm just happy that I'll get to see him play Massey Hall both shows.

Toronto will likely not see Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam until 2009-2010 in support of the new album.

hopefully in light of recent statements by Obama about Iran the boys will smarten up and not support that piece of shit anymore!!
  • Options
    angelm19 wrote:
    Let me say it again~ I sure hope so~ I would love to see his solo tour come south to WPB~HELL YEH! ~and we sure need his help here with this election! I have been campaining~ its very close~ not easy or fun~ but Im not goiing to let McCain/Bush win this and finish us off for good.
    Hey~ has anyone checked out HAARP? Its the real reason we are going from analog to digital ~ its so crazy~ please google it and do not get discouraged with the tech stuff~ PLEASE check this shit out~ help educate people about this!! Its freekin me out and no one seems to care~ HELP

Yeah that HAARP shit is pretty fucked up. The thought that high frequency radio waves could be used as a geophysical weapon that could produce the same effects as a nuclear bomb, wiping out global communications, and even effecting weather patterns in enemy regions. With the U.S.A at the forefront of this reasearch it is a scary thought that this could eventually unleash this Pandora's Box and control the flow of communications as a way of spreading propaganda and mind control messages to unsuspecting countries without prior knowledge or concent. Sounds very X Files but it's amazing how much of this bullshit goes on under our noses.

Anyways...I'm really excited for the Eddie Vedder shows at Massey Hall
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Yeah that HAARP shit is pretty fucked up. The thought that high frequency radio waves could be used as a geophysical weapon that could produce the same effects as a nuclear bomb, wiping out global communications, and even effecting weather patterns in enemy regions. With the U.S.A at the forefront of this reasearch it is a scary thought that this could eventually unleash this Pandora's Box and control the flow of communications as a way of spreading propaganda and mind control messages to unsuspecting countries without prior knowledge or concent. Sounds very X Files but it's amazing how much of this bullshit goes on under our noses.

I keep asking myself if this could really be happening~ FUCK Ya know~ its already being tested! I dont really believe all the videos on U~tube but damn its freekin me out! I keep writing activists groups ~ though have been on my own trying to educate people on this. Move on and everyone has SOOo~ many other issues with the election and Wars..but this is major too and Its so fucked up that no one gives a damn~do they really think that the goverment just wants us to have clearer TV!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
  • Options
    angelm19 wrote:
    I keep asking myself if this could really be happening~ FUCK Ya know~ its already being tested! I dont really believe all the videos on U~tube but damn its freekin me out! I keep writing activists groups ~ though have been on my own trying to educate people on this. Move on and everyone has SOOo~ many other issues with the election and Wars..but this is major too and Its so fucked up that no one gives a damn~do they really think that the goverment just wants us to have clearer TV!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Don't think the majority of people are thinking about the implications of this thing. Perhaps it's clouded by the other issues which are much more obvious and up front than this one. People really haven't had a chance to research and process this bullshit and think about the implications.

On the surface it's presented as an "advancement" "moving forward" in Global Communications. But like everything these shifty bastards have passed it's clouded by smoke and mirrors. It's such a dirty undhanded means of stealing away the freedom of communication. It's mind control not only on the global level but also on the home front domestic level as well where it probably will have the greatest effect. If this becomes the norm...the freedoms we all hold dear on this Internet playground could be pulled out right from underneath us all.
  • Options
    i think thats its going to be a great show and will probably have some bits of politics in it - i agree with the before mentioned fact that i think it was probably more of a logistical decision not to play these states (although PA is right near all of the shows) and not political

on another note - i still find it somewhat surprising that PA is really considered a "swing state" the last time it voted Republican was 1988
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Don't think the majority of people are thinking about the implications of this thing. Perhaps it's clouded by the other issues which are much more obvious and up front than this one. People really haven't had a chance to research and process this bullshit and think about the implications.

On the surface it's presented as an "advancement" "moving forward" in Global Communications. But like everything these shifty bastards have passed it's clouded by smoke and mirrors. It's such a dirty undhanded means of stealing away the freedom of communication. It's mind control not only on the global level but also on the home front domestic level as well where it probably will have the greatest effect. If this becomes the norm...the freedoms we all hold dear on this Internet playground could be pulled out right from underneath us all.
    Thank YOU so much! I love you for being so informed! ~and a PJ fan too~ Ya married?
  • Options
    angelm19 wrote:
    Thank YOU so much! I love you for being so informed! ~and a PJ fan too~ Ya married?

Yeah...sorry..
  • Options
    i read about HAARP years ago.it is very real and very scary shit!! we have some crazy,sick fucks in charge of this planet!

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Dont-Play-This-haarp/dp/0964881209
  • Options
    I was just thinking how Eddie's second leg tour skipped Michigan, Ohio & Pennsylvania. I believe all three states were considered "swing states" in 2004 & Pearl Jam played shows for the America Coming Together tour. Do you think Eddie skipped these three states because he plans on doing something similar to 2004?

Probably just wishful thinking, but i am trying to justify why the solo tour skipped Detroit & Cleveland.

Any thoughts?

I think even Ed at this point (after 2004 and mid terms 2006) knows better than to support a Loser War Party.
  • Options
    i read about HAARP years ago.it is very real and very scary shit!! we have some crazy,sick fucks in charge of this planet!

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Dont-Play-This-haarp/dp/0964881209

Thank you very much!!! ~ this is just crazy and so few know about it! I feel so helpless and alone~ screaming and no one hears me~ Its killing me that no one seems to care enough to say anything about this~ what can we do? Seriously~ We can not let them pull this off!
  • Options
    I think even Ed at this point (after 2004 and mid terms 2006) knows better than to support a Loser War Party.

Tell me then what are our options? We can vote Nader and basicly throw our vote in the trash~ Vote Eddie ~ vote freekin for yourself~ or don't vote and let the other losers vote for us~???? Its always the choice of one evil over the other evil ~ we need to pick which evil one we want as our leader...for so long I threw my vote away ~ once I refused to vote and grumbled about the losers who were elected~ it got me no where~ I tried to keep blinders on and just settle with the state of our union~ then BUSH happened!! I am an activist~ and I refused to act~ I prayed~ I sat back and watched....NOW I can not stand by anymore~ I have to take action~I have to vote between Dem and Rep~ until we the people have a real revolution and take our Nation back~ but we are too comfortable ~ too lazy for that ever to occur~ so tell me sincerely~ what other options do I have~ McCAin is identical to BUSH~ Obama is not perfect~ and I dont agree with everything he says either~ though I beleive there is hope there! If there is someone better out there to support~ let me know please!!! All I know is not to vote is not the answer~