Options

EV 10c Seat Location in Milwaukee/Riverside Theater

spitzdogspitzdog Posts: 85
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So on a whim, I gave the Riverside a call yesterday and left a message inquiring if they happened to know what areas were reserved for the fanclub.

Anyways, I got a call back and they left a message indicating that they could not tell me the specific seat location (obviously), but that the fan club had ground "floor seating" in the "first section" and that "you guys got the best pick of the bunch".

I have know idea what the "first section" means based on their seating chart http://riversidetheater.org/_chart/billmaher.jpg, but i liked being reassured that we got the best pick o' the bunch.

Thought I would pass along what seems to be pretty good news! See ya all in Milwaukee on the 19th.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    spitzdog wrote:
    So on a whim, I gave the Riverside a call yesterday and left a message inquiring if they happened to know what areas were reserved for the fanclub.

Anyways, I got a call back and they left a message indicating that they could not tell me the specific seat location (obviously), but that the fan club had ground "floor seating" in the "first section" and that "you guys got the best pick of the bunch".

I have know idea what the "first section" means based on their seating chart http://riversidetheater.org/_chart/billmaher.jpg, but i liked being reassured that we got the best pick o' the bunch.

Thought I would pass along what seems to be pretty good news! See ya all in Milwaukee on the 19th.
    that is good news...
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    On a related note, just for the hell of it, I checked Stubhub to see what tickets were available for resale. By doing this I was also able to decipher what tickets were not available for resale, which generally means they have not been released, and SHOULD be in the hands of 10C members.

This is for the Chicago N2 show, but should be the same for all other venues on the tour.

Here is what I found for sale in the Orchestra level. Many pairs after Row FF. Only singles in single letter ORCH section (rows D-U). To me this would mean the first 30 rows +/- are all for the 10C. I personally am thinking my tickets will be in the first 5 rows ;-P or at least I can hope for that, cant I?!
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    adschnei wrote:
    I personally am thinking my tickets will be in the first 5 rows ;-P
    I'm gonna freak out if I open my tickets and see three letters. :D
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    i would have to assume 1lc and 1lr rows a-k, roughly, are the 10c seats at the riverside. That would be about 200 seats
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    adschnei wrote:
    On a related note, just for the hell of it, I checked Stubhub to see what tickets were available for resale. By doing this I was also able to decipher what tickets were not available for resale, which generally means they have not been released, and SHOULD be in the hands of 10C members.

This is for the Chicago N2 show, but should be the same for all other venues on the tour.

Here is what I found for sale in the Orchestra level. Many pairs after Row FF. Only singles in single letter ORCH section (rows D-U). To me this would mean the first 30 rows +/- are all for the 10C. I personally am thinking my tickets will be in the first 5 rows ;-P or at least I can hope for that, cant I?!

be advised that there were a few rows of chairs set up in front of the permanent seats at many of the west coast venues so as an example, chicago, ORCHESTRA row B (listed as first row on the auditorium seating chart) most likely will NOT be the first row
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    spitzdog wrote:

I can't wait for this show. :D

See you there. :)
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    be advised that there were a few rows of chairs set up in front of the permanent seats at many of the west coast venues so as an example, chicago, ORCHESTRA row B (listed as first row on the auditorium seating chart) most likely will NOT be the first row

10c members will be close enough. :D
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    luvistower wrote:
    Right, Chicago has rows AAA-DDD in front of the permanent seating.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    mattcoz wrote:
    Right, Chicago has rows AAA-DDD in front of the permanent seating.

Everybody and there mother are going to Chicago. lol

A old freind from HS emailed and said she is going to the Milwaukee show. She can't wait and looks forward to meeting all of us crazy PJ friends. hehe :D
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    luvistower wrote:

I graduated college on this stage (at the Auditorium Theatre), and I'm pretty positive that Row AAA is as close to the stage as you can get if your seated.
  • Options
    bronzebackbronzeback Posts: 36
    I called Riverside also.

From what I was told, 10c got 500 seats, front sections. I was told all 4 front sections rows A to W which by counting the seats thats about 500 seats.

I ended up with row L in the balcony (10th row balcony). According to the seating chart and given the dimensions they stated. Row A in the balcony is about 12 row on the floor. So that puts L at about the same distance back from the stage as the last floor row (W) of 10 c.

Personally, I would take my 10th row balcony OVER row W on the floor. Your up above and have more incline than the floor and can see the entire stage. And if I had a choice, I would choose the first 5 rows of the balcony over say row 20 and beyond on the floor. Just my preference.

I had row A in the balcony for Norah Jones and I must say, they seemed like the best seats in the house. Still at a distance equal to row 12 on the floor, but your up above and can see EVERYTHING due to the steeper incline of the balcony seats.

Anyone in 10c tix will have AWESOME seats. And anyone in the first 10 rows of the balcony will have AWESOME seats. Not to say the rest of theather is bad, every seat is nice actually. Heck this entire theater is awesome, any seat on the floor and balcony is nice, but closer is always better anyway.

Those in the first few rows on the floor will feel like they could actually touch the stage, its that close. If I recall, there is NO buffer between the stage and row A, so those in Row A floor can pratically reach out the touch the top of the stage.....very intimate place.
    So shines a good deed in such a weary world
  • Options
    bronzebackbronzeback Posts: 36
    From my estimation, the first 15 floor rows are shown in this photo of Bob Wiers Rat Dog show this past spring

I am guessing the balcony starts at about the 12th to 15th floor row of the floor

http://www.ratdog.org/photos/photo.php?dir=08-03-22&photo=BobWeirRatDog-3.22.08-1-183.jpg

like I said, every seat is nice here
    So shines a good deed in such a weary world
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    __
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    bronzeback wrote:
    I called Riverside also.

From what I was told, 10c got 500 seats, front sections. I was told all 4 front sections rows A to W which by counting the seats thats about 500 seats.

I ended up with row L in the balcony (10th row balcony). According to the seating chart and given the dimensions they stated. Row A in the balcony is about 12 row on the floor. So that puts L at about the same distance back from the stage as the last floor row (W) of 10 c.

Personally, I would take my 10th row balcony OVER row W on the floor. Your up above and have more incline than the floor and can see the entire stage. And if I had a choice, I would choose the first 5 rows of the balcony over say row 20 and beyond on the floor. Just my preference.

I had row A in the balcony for Norah Jones and I must say, they seemed like the best seats in the house. Still at a distance equal to row 12 on the floor, but your up above and can see EVERYTHING due to the steeper incline of the balcony seats.

Anyone in 10c tix will have AWESOME seats. And anyone in the first 10 rows of the balcony will have AWESOME seats. Not to say the rest of theather is bad, every seat is nice actually. Heck this entire theater is awesome, any seat on the floor and balcony is nice, but closer is always better anyway.

Those in the first few rows on the floor will feel like they could actually touch the stage, its that close. If I recall, there is NO buffer between the stage and row A, so those in Row A floor can pratically reach out the touch the top of the stage.....very intimate place.

great venue