Options

EV Solo Seating

PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Since a Chicago EV solo date seems likely, I am curious about the seating arrangements for the West Coast shows. Was there any GA? Was it all folding chairs on the floor in front of the stage?
Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Since a Chicago EV solo date seems likely, I am curious about the seating arrangements for the West Coast shows. Was there any GA? Was it all folding chairs on the floor in front of the stage?

I went to Berkeley and it was in a theater with 'real seats' like in a movie theater.. no standing.. no GA
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    In San Diego, it was all theater seating as far as I could tell. There may have been a row of folded chairs in the front row, but that was it. All random 10C numbers, too, which gave me 4th row!!! :)
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Vancouver had the most incredibly beautiful intimate theatre. Every seat felt like you were right there with Ed...tickets went fast!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'd kill for Eddie at the Fox Theatre or Pageant in St. Louis...
  • Options
    Did everyone sit or stand?
  • Options
    I'd kill for Eddie at the Fox Theatre or Pageant in St. Louis...

I second that!!!!!!!!!
    "What is this, the stage diving Olympics"?
  • Options
    Did every sit or stand?
    We sat until Hard Sun- the last song!! But it was great.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821

In Vancouver people only really stood when Ed came out and for Hard Sun.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    In San Diego, it was all theater seating as far as I could tell. There may have been a row of folded chairs in the front row, but that was it. All random 10C numbers, too, which gave me 4th row!!! :)

Was ticket location pre assigned or did you benefit from picking up your tickets early?

Thanks by the way to all the responses!
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    In Santa Cruz it was folding chairs on the floor, but it was permanent seats on the sides. It felt like we were in a high school gym, but it was awesome.

I think we stood for most of the encore...Lukin, Porch and Hard sun for sure, I think I was standing for Arc as well......Ten Club tickets gave us 6th row right side.

Good times.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    You didn't benefit from getting their early.

I went to Berkely 1, which someone already explained. I also went to Santa Cruz which was in a gym, basically and there were folding chairs on the floor. I had fifth row seats!!!

Yes people sat for most of the show.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    In Santa Cruz it was folding chairs on the floor, but it was permanent seats on the sides. It felt like we were in a high school gym, but it was awesome.

I think we stood for most of the encore...Lukin, Porch and Hard sun for sure, I think I was standing for Arc as well......Ten Club tickets gave us 6th row right side.

Good times.

You beat me to it!

I must have been in the row right in front of you, cuz I was on the right side too!

Great show!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285

Everyone sat, just like was already stated. You wont be rocking out until Hard Sun, but everyone seated makes it a little more intimate. Ed is relaxed and having a good time....there is no reason to stand all night. :)
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    Fatal wrote:
    Yup sitting. I stood during Porch along with a small handful of people, but was surprised to see no one else joining in. I understand the concept of small theatre, acoustic performance but this was PORCH!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    onejourney wrote:
    Everyone sat, just like was already stated. You wont be rocking out until Hard Sun, but everyone seated makes it a little more intimate. Ed is relaxed and having a good time....there is no reason to stand all night. :)

Ed even told us we had to sit down ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321

everyone sat except to stand for applause at the end of songs.. only reason to get there early is posters.. but they had a ton of extra posters.. they didn;t sell out until late.

do whatever you can to attend one of these shows.. it is an amazing evening
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    callmedaughtercallmedaughter IL Posts: 38
    I second that!!!!!!!!!

Ed at the Fox or the Pageant would be the greatest..... for me, preferably The Pageant... I saw them on the Vote For Change tour at the Fox when it came through... plus, The Pageant is one of the sweetest venues I have ever been to... small and intimate but roomy and comfortable, if you can believe it.... plus it doesn't hurt that there are two big bars.... ;)

*sigh* now you've got me all excited for something that most likely isn't even going to happen.... I believe that billboard article said EAST COAST TOUR if I am not mistaken.... that's a pretty far stretch from the East Coast.

THANKS!!! rawr.
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Ed at the Fox or the Pageant would be the greatest..... for me, preferably The Pageant... I saw them on the Vote For Change tour at the Fox when it came through... plus, The Pageant is one of the sweetest venues I have ever been to... small and intimate but roomy and comfortable, if you can believe it.... plus it doesn't hurt that there are two big bars.... ;)

*sigh* now you've got me all excited for something that most likely isn't even going to happen.... I believe that billboard article said EAST COAST TOUR if I am not mistaken.... that's a pretty far stretch from the East Coast.

THANKS!!! rawr.

Chicago and Milwaukee have strength to their rumors, so what's four hours south for a show in St. Louis?
  • Options
    Arc was fucking phenomenal. He had the attention of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in those theaters.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    My show was bean bags all around

PJBuckeye wrote:
  • Options
    callmedaughtercallmedaughter IL Posts: 38
    Chicago and Milwaukee have strength to their rumors, so what's four hours south for a show in St. Louis?

positivity is key. :)
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Fatal wrote:
    well, a few of us stood and rocked out ,especially to LUKIN..but for the most part, seated...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 847
    Hopefully I see something about Eddie at the legendary Massey Hall in Toronto, that would be so cool even if I was stuck behind a pole.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    I was at San Diego 1, and it was really more like the setting for a play or something...beautiful theatre, ushers taking you to your seats, people talking quietly to each other before the show. The only difference was that the main event was Ed f*cking Vedder! And it may sound kind of weird that no one stands, but it's actually really cool, you're not there to jump around and get crazy, it's more like having Ed in your living room singing songs, you just sit there and give him your undivided attention and respect.
  • Options
    Arc was fucking phenomenal. He had the attention of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in those theaters.

I totally agree. For one musician to captivate an entire audience like that- completely amazing. No one moved.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    As Ed said in Santa Barbara, starting off the set with two lullabies might be risky, "But I believe a real man should know how to take it slow...." So yeah, you plop down in your seats pretty fast, that's the mood he's setting, just hanging out in his living room with him while he plays some soft soulful tunes...

Covered; folding chairs in Santa Cruz, theater seats most everywhere else. some stood for No More and on, and *cough* everyone was rocking for McCready at BerkII, hehehe. Seem to recall SC was standing for all the encores?

Amazing, amazing shows -- know I'll try and come east and steal some seats from ya'll!!!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    mikesbri wrote:
    Hopefully I see something about Eddie at the legendary Massey Hall in Toronto, that would be so cool even if I was stuck behind a pole.
    Agreed. Apparently some people who checked out Liam Finn when he played Toronto at El Mocambo got a chance to speak with him after his show and he mentioned being back shortly opening for Eddie at Massey Hall... then realized he shouldn't have said that yet. Hopefully that was correct :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Vancouver had the most incredibly beautiful intimate theatre. Every seat felt like you were right there with Ed...tickets went fast!

I flew in from toronto for this show, and while the venue was amazing, the fans were just annoying, yelling 'play more pearl jam' every 5 minutes, it would have been nice, more vedder solo pj less into the wild, but it was good none the less, Liam Finn was amazing (not so great studio wise though).

the biggest gripe i have though is that the security was tight as shit until someone told eddie and he told them to cool it, I snapped a single photo and within seconds there were 5 security guards milling around my area looking for a camera, they even yelled at the girl beside me to put her phone away because they thought she was taking the pictures... like screamed at her!

once the guards backed down though and eddie just asked the crowd to be respectful someone yelled 'ya dont ash on the carpet' heh. the smoke make it that much intimate.
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    In LA, everyone was standing at the beginning, and Ed flat out told everyone to sit down. Everyone was like "Uh, OK. You're the boss."
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    In LA, everyone was standing at the beginning, and Ed flat out told everyone to sit down. Everyone was like "Uh, OK. You're the boss."

Classic!