1.) Boston/Mansfield
    2.) NYC
    3.) San Francisco/Bay Area
    4.) Philly/ Camden

Extended list:

5.) Las Vegas
    6.) Hawaii (Maui, Honolulu)
    7.) San Diego
    8.) Florida (Combined) West Palm Beach ('98, '00, '03, '08), Fort Lauderdale ('96), Tampa ('98, '00, '03, '08), Miami (1994?), Orlando (2003).
    9.) Los Angeles
    10.) East Troy / Milwaukee Wisconsin (Northern Chicago suburbs, Ed's Hometown).
    I would say this is about spot on; may move philly to #3
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think the consensus here is, "my home town", plus three other popular cities..

Seriously though, when was the last time they played a show IN Seattle..
    :p

I don't know what the band prefers, but I'm 100% sure Chicago is a favorite for Eddie.. he's only here every other week.
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Don't know what the band thinks, but I wonder why they chose Pittsburgh to open for the Stones in Sept 05 on one of their down days during their own tour and then came back as headliners in June 06 putting on one of their best shows if they disliked it so much. Just sayin...
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    LukinFan wrote:
    I thought the same thing in 06 and 07 about the South, thank god they came this year

You got their best tour in 10 years. I think it was worth the wait for you.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 225
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Chicago, I don't know. No No Code tour date. I was also expecting them to hit Chicago on the way back to NW this year.

Um...Soldier Field and The Vic...enough said.
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    1) Columbia (SC)

2) Hotlanta

3) Charleston (SC)

4) Charlotte (NC)

;o)
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    "best thing about philadelphia...doctor j and the crowd"
    -EV 6/19/08

personally, i'd put philly over new york....but i'm following everyone saying their hometown is best. they did play their only US shows here (not counting HOB fundraiser) in 2005 - the two AC (closest to philly) and wachovia.

i'd say:
    1) boston
    2) philly
    3) some west coast town - how come no love for san diego on here? they always get great shows....
    4) new york

i think fans get most excited about NY...but have no evidence to show the band does.
  • Options
    I'm just glad they like Boston. It was so awesome to see them twice for the VFC tour opener.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    :p:p na na na na naaaa they like Boston BEST!!! :p:p:D
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    petrocs wrote:
    I believe what he said was.."Pittsburgh isnt our favorite place to play" and then went on to say , "If I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place to play" It was one of my favorite Eddie moments

Actually, he said Pittsburgh isn't our favorite place to VISIT (then he joked it's like number 3)... then he said but it is one of our favorite places to PLAY. And in memory of the last time they played there, they did Waiting on a Friend...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    they've played the shoreline ampitheatre in mountain view, ca more than any other venue.

i'm just saying.
  • Options
    chaps219erchaps219er Posts: 50
    in no order, chicago, san diego, seattle, and ny
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    The proper answer is:

Boston
    NY
    Seattle/WA
    San Diego
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Um...Soldier Field and The Vic...enough said.

I think those are two of the top 5 shows ever, but I really wanted a No Code Chicago date. That was when I really was getting into them.

Secondly, after the Roo, I have a huge PJ hangover that can be solved only by an Alpine Valley show. No '08 date really sucks. My disagreement comes from my own selfishness. I'm in Chicago and need more PJ.

And please don't respond with a why didn't you go to Lolla. I wasn't excited about it then and don't regret it now. It sounded average on the boot. Waiting for Bonnaroo was worth it.
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    If I read the thread correctly, the question is what is the BAND'S favorite places to play.

I read alot of people saying where they live as the favorite because of a variety of reasons..........That is cool and all but if you are asking where the BAND likes to play it seems pretty obvious.

1) Seattle area
    2) NYC
    3) Missoula
    4) San Diego
    5) Boston area

Missoula is obviously does not have the number of shows that the others have, but I would bet if you asked the band.........they all love playing there for Jeff and his family.
  • Options
    prince119 wrote:
    If I read the thread correctly, the question is what is the BAND'S favorite places to play.

I read alot of people saying where they live as the favorite because of a variety of reasons..........That is cool and all but if you are asking where the BAND likes to play it seems pretty obvious.

1) Seattle area
    2) NYC
    3) Missoula
    4) San Diego
    5) Boston area

Missoula is obviously does not have the number of shows that the others have, but I would bet if you asked the band.........they all love playing there for Jeff and his family.

I agree, as a Chicago guy, I know they don't love playing here. They would have made ac ouple more passes through here if they did. The 2007 stuff was b/c of Lolla. If Lolla was in LA; they would have played two shows there. I think your list is very accurate.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    LukinFan wrote:
    3. Atlanta

they always rip Atlanta apart during shows not in Atlanta
  • Options
    Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    1. Milan
    2. Seattle
    3. Buenos Aires
    4. NYC

Somewhere I've read that PJ really love Italy, so Milan is my number one. :-)
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    I agree, as a Chicago guy, I know they don't love playing here. They would have made ac ouple more passes through here if they did. The 2007 stuff was b/c of Lolla. If Lolla was in LA; they would have played two shows there. I think your list is very accurate.

Thanks,

we all know that they love Chi town and many international destinations (mexico city, milan, adelaide, etc) but it is tough for me to believe that if pressed the band would say anywhere other than "home"
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    They didn't play here last year :( even though they opened the tour the year before here.

They gave the first in six years (Astoria) to London :o but Ed in particular has said plenty of stuff about Dublin that would make you think otherwise... so why didn't they play here? :eek:

whaddya have it out for me ?

i can only speak for domestic shows , alltho of course they play on the other side of the pond also - i havenbt been over that way yet.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    They didn't play here last year :( even though they opened the tour the year before here.

They gave the first in six years (Astoria) to London :o but Ed in particular has said plenty of stuff about Dublin that would make you think otherwise... so why didn't they play here? :eek:

Yeah, funny one getting left out, he's spoken highly of his time here, following the early day Bob Dylan recommendations of playing here....

theyve played 21 shows in germany so i assume a german city is up there as a contender too....

I think the main European city that has been on every Euro tour & thats got great crowds is Lisbon. they seem to love playing Portugal.
    MILANO

and Mexico City
  • Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80
    Based on the number of shows, it would probably be:

1. Seattle
    2. NYC
    3. SF Bay Area
    4. LAX (followed closely by)
    5. Boston
    6. Philly

At least, that's based on a pseudo-empirical study of Lukin's Archive supplemented with info from Setlist.com. The sample probably is slightly biased toward LA for including a lot of club gigs early on and SF for including Bridge school shows. NYC also got a bump from things like SNL.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I realize that you are a west-coaster, but have an open mind.

Haha, it was a joke in response to the posts above me. Apparently my humor wasn't well represented in writing. :P
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    IBleedTheeIBleedThee Posts: 13
    After reading all the threads about the top 4 places PJ loves to play, I had to jump in here.

Camden is in New Jersey not Philly. Philly is in Pennsylvania.

They haven't played in Philly for years.

And PJ loves playing in Camden. New Jersey!
    Nothing you can ever do
    Still every night I burn
    Every night I scream your name
    Every night I burn
    Every night the dream's the same
    Every night I burn
    Waiting for my only friend
    Every night I burn
    Waiting for the world to end...
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I'm sure each of them have there own favorite places to play. Lets not confuse where they play alot with thier favorite places to play. While theres no doubt they love to play Boston, NYC, the Gorge and other easy to get to, automatic sell outs. If you asked the band I would not be suprised to hear them tell of other places around the world.

Those South America shows a few years ago were crazy!
  • Options
    pj4900pj4900 Posts: 14
    Boston
    Camden
    seattle

NY doesn't compare.they had one great show in 98 the rest have been over-hyped at MSG and continental. The great setlists have been the 3 cities listed. You can include hartford after tonight.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    kosteva2 wrote:
    I would say:
    1. NYC
    2. Seattle
    3. Philly
    4. Boston

yuup i agree...seem them in all these spots well the gorge really not seattle
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whaddya have it out for me ?

i can only speak for domestic shows , alltho of course they play on the other side of the pond also - i havenbt been over that way yet.
    :o I don't have it out for anyone... I just quoted you as an example... You weren't the only to do the West: East: answer... but I think you were the first :o apologies if I'm wrong!

It's always the same in threads about best boots and stuff... people will name about 10 boots (from the one year) and it's like they never played europe or anywhere else at all :D I just think it's funny!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Yeah, funny one getting left out, he's spoken highly of his time here, following the early day Bob Dylan recommendations of playing here....

theyve played 21 shows in germany so i assume a german city is up there as a contender too....

I think the main European city that has been on every Euro tour & thats got great crowds is Lisbon. they seem to love playing Portugal.
    MILANO

and Mexico City
    :o I was thinking Lisbon too. Must be some good surf on the Portugese coast :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I spose Melbourne has long been their favourite Aussie place, though it seems like Adelaide has taken over during the last tour.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110