Options

FYI: No new material @ Bonnaroo, but Jack White and PJ on stage?

IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
edited June 2008 in The Porch
The Pulse of Radio reports: PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready recently told reporters on a teleconference call that the band won't be premiering any new material during its upcoming performance at Tennessee's Bonnaroo Festival, but McCready was open to the idea of being joined onstage by one of the other performers at the event. Asked whom he himself would like to jam with, McCready had one person in mind: "I'd love to have Jack White up. I just, I think he's just a phenomenal guitar player and I'd love to see him play up close. I've seen THE WHITE STRIPES in Europe, but it was kind of far away. But I'd love to have him up there and jam because he's got a killer voice and he's a great lead player too. So that would be exciting to me."
"Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone else not a fan of the white stripes. im not
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I know it isn't the popular opinion, but I don't really "get" the White Stripes. The Raconteurs stuff is better, but the word genius is thrown around so often when White is discussed and I simply don't see it. Oh well...to those who are stoked on the Stripes this would likely be a really exciting prospect. Kinda wish I was doing the Roo...boo for me.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    mjb wrote:
    I know it isn't the popular opinion, but I don't really "get" the White Stripes. The Raconteurs stuff is better, but the word genius is thrown around so often when White is discussed and I simply don't see it. Oh well...to those who are stoked on the Stripes this would likely be a really exciting prospect. Kinda wish I was doing the Roo...boo for me.

Even the Raconteurs stuff isn't that good. I'll be jamming out to State Radio during their set.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I may not like all his singing and writing but I think Jack White is still a pretty good guitarist, would like to see him jam with Mike and Stone.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    Jack white is the MAN. One of the best songwriters out there. And easily one of the best guitar players. I would say he is probably the most unique rock guitar players I have ever seen. Simply amazing. Saw the Raconteurs friday night in NYC and it was great. Great stage presence.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Not a fan of the White Stripes...bought Elephant because I couldn't resist Seven Nation Army and was completely underwhelmed with the rest of it.
    The Raconteurs I'm not too sure about...I bought Consolers and like it pretty well despite having listened to my buddy's copy of the first one and totally hating it.

Jack, I think, is a great talent...more so as a guitar player than a band leader though. Unless he brings an exciting cover or something to PJ's set, I think I would rather see him jamming with BB....I wouldn't want to see him come on stage with PJ to play one of their songs
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i'm pissed im gonna miss this. damn internships.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I don't understand the dislike for Jack White.

he is pretty awesome. It took me a while to get into him, but most of his stuff is pretty good to me know.

Just purchased my ticket for the Ranconteurs today :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    proof of Jack's greatness http://youtube.com/watch?v=8WdG_U6sVSU

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Even the Raconteurs stuff isn't that good. I'll be jamming out to State Radio during their set.
    Exactly :D
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Exactly :D

it is amazing how wrong you are, but enjoy state radio I guess.

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a hatefest for the white stripes, I guess this proves that even though you like PJ, you still may not any musical taste!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a hatefest for the white stripes, I guess this proves that even though you like PJ, you still may not any musical taste!

to borrow Pegasus' earlier quote - EXACTLY.

• Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    No new stuff doesn't bother me, just so long as there's a surprise... a la Education at Lolla or Gimme Some Truth at Pittsburgh 05. I like both White Stripes and The Raconteurs. I'd be psyched for a Mike , Stone, Ed, Jeff , Jack tour de force.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    4Powers20 wrote:
    it is amazing how wrong you are, but enjoy state radio I guess.
    I will..twice :D