Options

Ebay - Ed item on ebay...

apcapc Posts: 32
edited November 2008 in The Porch
anyone know anything about this? doesnt look like a set list..more like a 'song list' that can be looked at to create a set list....OR maybe a rehearsal song list. dont know. i wouldnt have the slightest idea of how they got this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDDIE-VEDDER-HAND-WRITTEN-set-list-Pearl-Jam-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ130254613253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
Louisville - 3/24/94, Austin - 9/16/95, Dallas - 7/5/98, Nashville - 8/17/00, Dallas - 10/17/00, San Antonio - 4/5/03, Dallas - 6/9/03, Camden - 7/5/03, The Gorge I - 7/22/06, The Gorge II - 7/23/06, Los Angeles I (EV) 4/12/08, Los Angeles II (EV) - 4/13/08...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Not sure why a list of songs without any real frame of reference would be worth $1000 - I have a page of handwritten lyrics from his notebook from the Body of War premiere in T.O. - I never even imagined it was worth anything (except to me [and maybe BeerBaron who I believe tried to grab it before me :) )
  • Options
    i'd like to see that! do you have a pic?
    Louisville - 3/24/94, Austin - 9/16/95, Dallas - 7/5/98, Nashville - 8/17/00, Dallas - 10/17/00, San Antonio - 4/5/03, Dallas - 6/9/03, Camden - 7/5/03, The Gorge I - 7/22/06, The Gorge II - 7/23/06, Los Angeles I (EV) 4/12/08, Los Angeles II (EV) - 4/13/08...
  • Options
  • Options
    mjb wrote:

What you have would probably be more valuable than that on eBay.

I think that's pretty cool...how did you get it? Did you just ask Ed for it?
    the Minions
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,612
    I think that's pretty cool...how did you get it? Did you just ask Ed for it?

as i recall, i watched him quickly snatch it off the stage after eV completed his performance at the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival hehe,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    apc wrote:
    anyone know anything about this? doesnt look like a set list..more like a 'song list' that can be looked at to create a set list....OR maybe a rehearsal song list. dont know. i wouldnt have the slightest idea of how they got this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDDIE-VEDDER-HAND-WRITTEN-set-list-Pearl-Jam-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ130254613253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Man, and to think of how valuable that blank mead notebook of mine could be.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    apc wrote:

This is only baseless speculation, but it might be a list of potential setlists for the Self-Pollution Radio broadcast from 1995.

I'm just thinking that the setlists shown are around that same length are some are quite similar to the setlist that was actually played that day.

Another thing is the inclusion of Catholic Boy which we know was at least jammed on/rehearsed at the broadcast too.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    spencer wrote:
    This is only baseless speculation, but it might be a list of potential setlists for the Self-Pollution Radio broadcast from 1995.

I'm just thinking that the setlists shown are around that same length are some are quite similar to the setlist that was actually played that day.

Another thing is the inclusion of Catholic Boy which we know was at least jammed on/rehearsed at the broadcast too.
    I could swear the 11th song is Evacuation on that list.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    as i recall, i watched him quickly snatch it off the stage after eV completed his performance at the Body of War premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival hehe,...

:) exactly - The second Ed took a step away from the stool I was in there - caught off guard when I realized it was taped to the amp...had no idea what it even was. Almost got a pick too but the dude taking away the stool and guitar grabbed it - finally got my Ed pick at Massey 1. Still have no idea what the initials along the right side at the bottom mean...thoughts?
  • Options
    apparently the ebay item is NOT worth 995 bucks, as there is not a bid on it.
    What a dumbass (the lister).
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    :) exactly - The second Ed took a step away from the stool I was in there - caught off guard when I realized it was taped to the amp...had no idea what it even was. Almost got a pick too but the dude taking away the stool and guitar grabbed it - finally got my Ed pick at Massey 1. Still have no idea what the initials along the right side at the bottom mean...thoughts?

glad you were the one that obtained it, the lyric sheet is in good hands. that's great you were able to obtain an eV pic at the 1st Massey Hall show, because i obtained one as well at the same show :D

why don't you scan the lyric sheet and email it to the 10C and ask whether eV might be able to shed some light,...if he's kickin' around in the warehouse/offices i don't see why he would mind ;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Does anyone know if record companies make their artists provide urine samples? If so, I'd love to find out what lab J Records uses for their testing, and sneak in and get a hold of an Eddie Vedder sample and sell that shit on Ebay. Hell Yeah!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Exactly. I was sitting right beside him and I had my eye on it, but he was quicker than me :D

can't hesitate during these moments, you have to seize the opportunity! :)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    glad you were the one that obtained it, the lyric sheet is in good hands. that's great you were able to obtain an eV pic at the 1st Massey Hall show, because i obtained one as well at the same show :D

why don't you scan the lyric sheet and email it to the 10C and ask whether eV might be able to shed some light,...if he's kickin' around in the warehouse/offices i don't see why he would mind ;)

Great idea...I shall indeed. I was waiting around after the gig to see if I could get it signed (which I gave up on quite quickly after seeing the swarm) but I was secretly nervous that Ed would yell at me for swiping it (I don't recall him being in the best of moods that evening). Would love to frame this up right one day with the ticket. Wish I had a good high res pic - damn, we need a poster from that night :)
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    I could swear the 11th song is Evacuation on that list.

Hmm, I don't think it is - but I'm still not sure what it is...but I doubt one 2000-era song would appear in a list of songs otherwise from 1995 or before.

?
    Corduroy
    Not For You
    Better Man
    Immortality
    Spin The Black
    Tremor
    Whipping

State
    ?
    Go
    Animal
    Daughter
    Blood
    Dissident
    RVM
    Indifference

Porch
    Black
    Deep
    Garden
    (Hard to read as it sort of runs off the page...Why Go?)
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Yeah, the last one reads "Y-Go"
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Does the 1st one say "Tremor"? And is the one on the right hand side "Catholic Boy"?
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Great idea...I shall indeed. I was waiting around after the gig to see if I could get it signed (which I gave up on quite quickly after seeing the swarm) but I was secretly nervous that Ed would yell at me for swiping it (I don't recall him being in the best of moods that evening). Would love to frame this up right one day with the ticket. Wish I had a good high res pic - damn, we need a poster from that night :)

there's a great frame store that Marcus (BeerBaron) introduced me to, he's on good terms with the manager there as he's given her a lot of business,...i'd suggest contacting him for the details and visiting there to get some great advice on how best to frame your ticket and lyric sheet together.

eV was in a pretty good mood when we met him earlier in the afternoon after he arrived at the theatre, ~4:30pm after walking up University Ave. he stepped out ~6pm for dinner but was gracious enough to sign some autographs. eV actually signed something of mine that i really should think about getting framed sooner or later. i don't think eV would have expressed anger had you met up with him after you grabbed the setlist,...worst case scenario: he would have asked for it back ;)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    there's a great frame store that Marcus (BeerBaron) introduced me to, he's on good terms with the manager there as he's given her a lot of business,...i'd suggest contacting him for the details and visiting there to get some great advice on how best to frame your ticket and lyric sheet together.

eV was in a pretty good mood when we met him earlier in the afternoon after he arrived at the theatre, ~4:30pm after walking up University Ave. he stepped out ~6pm for dinner but was gracious enough to sign some autographs. eV actually signed something of mine that i really should think about getting framed sooner or later. i don't think eV would have expressed anger had you met up with him after you grabbed the setlist,...worst case scenario: he would have asked for it back ;)

We must have been about 2 spots away from each other in line because I got there about 90 seconds after he left - I saw pictures and he did appear quite happy (I believe it was in those pics that I first spotted what I believed to be an iPhone in his pocket, which for some reason shocked me) - I assume his on stage mood/vibe was aimed more at having respect for Tomas and the tone of the event (breaking out into Lukin or a Porch singalong may have been inappropriate - albeit awesome)
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    We must have been about 2 spots away from each other in line because I got there about 90 seconds after he left - I saw pictures and he did appear quite happy (I believe it was in those pics that I first spotted what I believed to be an iPhone in his pocket, which for some reason shocked me) - I assume his on stage mood/vibe was aimed more at having respect for Tomas and the tone of the event (breaking out into Lukin or a Porch singalong may have been inappropriate - albeit awesome)

no doubt, the theme of the evening was prevelant throughtout eV's performance and brief commentary. besides, he already knew at the time that he was going to be back in town for his solo shows at Massey Hall :D

• Options
    for those interested...here is the reply i got to the question about the ebay item....looks like some of you were dead on!....

"Hi, I acquired it from somebody I know who worked with the band when they did the Self Pollution radio show in 95. Eddie left a bunch of pages from his notebook behind in the house where they did it. Thanks,

Rob"