Options

Strange but funny encounter at Mansfield 2

nocodelover22nocodelover22 Posts: 108
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So I'm flowing with the masses out of the venue after the show last night. I happened to be wearing my New Jersey Devils jersey and some huge prick in a Celtics jersey gets in my face out of nowhere and this exchange follows:

"BOOOO...YOUR TEAM SUCKS BRO."
Uh..*looks down*...oh, it's just a jersey man, I'm from Canada."
"Yeah, you fucking should be." and he just walks away.
Weird but hilarious way to end my 3 show stint.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    So I'm flowing with the masses out of the venue after the show last night. I happened to be wearing my New Jersey Devils jersey and some huge prick in a Celtics jersey gets in my face out of nowhere and this exchange follows:

thats bostonians in a nutshell.... :p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats bostonians in a nutshell.... :p

no,that's an asshole in a nutshell :D

i'm a Bostonian and i wouldn't of got in your face.

fuck i saw a guy wearing a Jeter shirt and i managed to not yell shit at him either.i'm just too happy to be at a another PJ show to give two fucks about sports.and i love sports(love PJ more :))
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531

His reply is pure genius! :D

What a Freak!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    hehhh.. I had a "funny" encounter as well, in Hartford - I was in tenth row stones side and at some point an older guy who had propably been smoking pot or crack or something (was 2 rows ahead of me) came closer and said "you know, that shirt is really controversial, you shouldnt wear it - not good for you"... I was like.. uh huh?? I didnt say anything to him because he was so out of it... I mean like.. wtf? WTF?! Controversial? My shirt with a peace logo is controversial in a Pearl Jam concert?? That guy was certainly in a wrong place. I didnt take it that seriously, I just kept rocking my mind off. :D Theres some stupid fuckers in the crowd sometimes... man. I love america ;)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    sports fans are retarded. It's a fucking concert.. We're here to enjoy music, not argue/chant about sports.
    finnannie wrote:
    Theres some stupid fuckers in the crowd sometimes... quote]

TRUTH.
    6/27/08!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

Thats hilarious, what a moron. Would have made a little more sence if he was wearing a Bruins jersey at least.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Thats hilarious, what a moron. Would have made a little more sence if he was wearing a Bruins jersey at least.

That's what I was thinking...and I didn't even think the Devils were big rivals with the Bruins, thought they had the rivalry with Montreal? And just to say, this was my ONLY bad experience with any Bostonian, everyone else was super cool and friendly...and you guys have the most badass accents ever.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    now why dont you make like a tree....and get out of here....

I met a bunch of people from Mass in Hartford (I am from Ct) and they were all cool
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Look at the bright side.. at least you didn't run into a Raiders fan. You be coming out of Intensive Care 'bout now... recovering from your stab wounds.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I wore my Rondo shirt to Va Beach. That was fun. I got a little hassled by some people. Mostly it was awesome though. people kept asking me for the score. (The night the celts clinched)

I generally try and stay away from the away team kinda feel. When in DC I saw a Nats game so I bought a hat and rocked that at the show. I've seen meathead sports fans go nuts about other teams in other places besides boston.

Although my favorite was the yankee douche boyfriend wearing a yankees hat on the floor of the garden and getting upset that he was being taunted with Yankees sucks chant. Yes, he should be able to wear the hat, but use common sense. the floor of the Garden isn't the best place for a Yankees hat.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    Unfortunately there are douchebags every where now. Obviously the guy was trying to pick a fight.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield