Options

An Open Letter To Pearl Jam (From A Seattleite)

yellowledbeccayellowledbecca Posts: 99
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Dear Eddie, Stone, Mike, Matt, and Jeff (and Boom),

Hi guys. How are things? I bet you’ve been busy lately, getting solo tours and other odds and ends finished up before heading out to your big Southern/ East Coast tour this summer, which includes an appearance at Bonnarroo! How exciting! The fact that you are even playing anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line is a huge deal, especially for those lucky southern fans who haven’t seen the likes of y’all since 2003. However, I noticed a blaring omission of one date (possibly two?) that should definitely be included on your tour roster before heading over yonder. I mean, since you are a “Seattle” band, it would be nice to see you play in or near your home town, for instance.
Let’s face it: it’s been almost two years since you’ve played a venue remotely close to Seattle; i.e., Portland and the Gorge in July 2006. And let’s not even get started on the fact that the last time you played Seattle proper, it was a “surprise” show at Easy Street records in 2005 (lest we not forget the 2 “super secret” Ed solo shows that literally, only 150 people knew about in West Seattle two months ago). Come to think of it, the last “announced” show you played was at the Showbox- nearly 41/2 years ago! What gives? Do you not love us anymore?
No worries though, I have the perfect solution to appease the hurt feelings of your local (and too broke to travel to Bonnarroo) fanbase for jilting us these past few years: you’re going to have to do some warm up shows, so why not do those at the Showbox, or the Paramount, or even *gasp* Key Arena (where the acoustics suck, yes, but a big enough venue, nonetheless)?. Then again, if I brought enough incense to cover up the “Dave Matthews Stink”-Ed, I’m talking to you here- how about another run at the Gorge?
If it makes any difference, I’ll even promise not to scowl if you play “Last Kiss”. Hell, I may just have to sing along, because I will be stoked just to be seeing you guys play, as would thousands of other fans. I will even vow not to smoke any cigarettes during the show because the last time I lit up, Stone wrinkled his nose at me (because I had such great seats, thanks to the lovely folks at the Ten Club). However, I can’t guarantee I’ll pass up a joint if its headed in my general direction, because that would be a waste of perfectly good pot. Just sayin.
Anyway, please consider it. You’d be making a bunch of folks really happy, and even if you mess up the words, Ed, we promise we won’t be too hard on you, because you’re just warming up, after all. Just so long as you keep the wine flowing and the guitar and drum solos aplenty, all will be well. And please, for the love of all your local fans, PLAY SEATTLE (or the Gorge)!

Your Friend,
yellowledbecca
...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Opening complimentary how you doin chit chat followed by the obligatory ask for something.

Hardly anyone gets the marathons and set lists the Gorge got in 05 and 06.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Opening complimentary how you doin chit chat followed by the obligatory ask for something.

Hardly anyone gets the marathons and set lists the Gorge got in 05 and 06.

yeah, you may be right, we did have some pretty awesome setlists from those shows, but that's no reason to be such a jerk. besides, i feel i have every right to ask them to play a show around these parts, just as you do in your area.

if i retracted my statement about sea change being better than mutations, would you lighten up a bit? jeez.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Pretty please???
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    yeah, you may be right, we did have some pretty awesome setlists from those shows, but that's no reason to be such a jerk. besides, i feel i have every right to ask them to play a show around these parts, just as you do in your area.

if i retracted my statement about sea change being better than mutations, would you lighten up a bit? jeez.

http://static.kickapps.com/kickapps/images/12058/photos/PHOTO_1155050_12058_2251070_main.jpg
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73
    Dear Yellowledbecca,

Blow me.

Sincerely,
    Houston, Dallas & Atlanta
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    what cpsilo 1 said.

ATL
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    No offense but.. I don't think the guys read this board.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Go becca! :) Very nicely said. :)

And I'm with you 95%, I just have a wee request when it comes to the timing. :)

Would it bother you greatly if I'm rooting for them playing Seattle and/or surrounds in September? You see I'll be travelling all the way across from the Land of Oz around that time and it's always been my dream to see the boys in Seattle. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    You are right we get sweet shows at the Gorge. But a seattle one woudl be sweet that gorge drive is a ways away.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Key Arena has no better or worse sound than any other sports arena in the country...including MSG.

I have never been to a bad concert at the Key Arena.

I don't get the all-of-a-sudden, and out-of-nowhere disgruntle attitude towards The Key Arena.

It is really as though it has become the "cool thing" to do, to bash the Key.

Pearl Jam has had some incredible shows at The Key.

:confused:
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    cpsilo1 wrote:
    Dear Yellowledbecca,

Blow me.

Sincerely,
    Houston, Dallas & Atlanta

P.S. Hong Kong says hello.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    :D

FINLAND!

PJ hasn't been here since '93

come on!!

;)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    finnannie wrote:
    :D

FINLAND!

PJ hasn't been here since '93

come on!!

;)

seconded wholeheartedly!!! ;):D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Five months in Seattle - I've seen Matt, then I saw Ed, then I saw Ed again, then I saw Mike, then I saw Stone, all individually...

I don't get it, almost half a year in the Pacific Northwest and no "Pearl Jam"?

Play a home game guys :)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Key Arena has no better or worse sound than any other sports arena in the country...including MSG.

I have never been to a bad concert at the Key Arena.

I don't get the all-of-a-sudden, and out-of-nowhere disgruntle attitude towards The Key Arena.

It is really as though it has become the "cool thing" to do, to bash the Key.

Pearl Jam has had some incredible shows at The Key.

:confused:

I hear what your saying. Two of my really good friends have seen PJ at Key when they have played there and said the shows were amazing.

However, I went to see the Police at Key last summer, and the thing that bugged me the most was seeing Stewart Copeland's stick hit the snare drum and then hearing the clap about a half a second to a second later- and we had pretty decent seats (for not having paid their ridiculous "fan Club" fees), too. Although i would have absolutely no problem with PJ playing the Key if they did decide to do a local show, I am just sayin I am not too crazy about the acoustics in there.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

p.s. You moved to Seattle because of Pearl Jam didn't ya??? Come on admit it you did ;-P

well Americorps, really...

but not going to lie and say it isn't a nice perk to living here ;).
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Clock is ticking my friends...

Oh well, guess I'll have to make a comeback once the record is out! ;)
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    I've never been to WA but if they announce a Gorge show- Im there.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    John BudgeJohn Budge Posts: 260
    Give me a break. They've played at least 40 times in the state of Washington.