Options

I'm going to my first Pearl Jam show.

Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
edited June 2008 in The Porch
WPB, and I can't wait. I'm finally going to get devirginized.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Dogman3 wrote:
    see you there- can't wait! 10 more days!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Dogman3 wrote:

you must be stoked!!! you are gonna have an okay time. :D
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    cOoL!! my first show was wpb 03 and it was one wild ride!!
    hope you enjoy...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    My first time too... MSG 1 :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    n00bs really screw it for the rest of us

you prolly want to hear jeremy , alive , rvw, corduroy and crap from those early albums

we don't
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570

you prolly want to hear jeremy , alive , rvw, corduroy and crap from those early albums

we don't

Yeah cause they write the set-list... oh wait nope.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    enjoy yourself
    dance like theres no tommorrow
    scream along
    loose yourself to the power of PJ
    lucky bugger
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Dogman3 wrote:

Have a awesome time and enjoy the show. :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

we don't
    I hope you're kidding.

and it's not true anyway..my first time, I didn't care what I would hear: ANYTHING! had been waiting long enough!!

if anything I think its the 1-timers, the ones that only see 1 show a tour (by choice rather than circumstances) that want greatest hits.

guys and girls on your first one: you don't know what's going to hit you! :D
    ..you think you do, but you don't! (I was grinning for 2 straight days afterwards...and I had friends that saw them since 92 that had 'warned' me..I didn't quite believe them)

and tehn after that, you'll have the fans (in person)! prepare for a life change darlings :D
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    Dogman3 wrote:

Have a nice show. And smoke one cigar after for relax...
  • Options

we don't

I thought you wanted to hear those? ;)
  • Options
    Make sure you take it all in! My first show back in 06 I dont remember for some reason, I think it was sensory overload and I was just so damn excited and caught in the moment that now I really cant describe what happened at the show. All I know is that I was there.

anyone have any idea what Im talking about?
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options

we don't

What a selfish little asshole.

I hope they lock you in a room and play Alive 30 times in a row just for you and w/o Mike's solo too.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,590
    Make sure you take it all in! My first show back in 06 I dont remember for some reason, I think it was sensory overload and I was just so damn excited and caught in the moment that now I really cant describe what happened at the show. All I know is that I was there.

anyone have any idea what Im talking about?

I think everyone is different in this respect. I don't remember shows. I know I was there, and I know the shows that I had a great time at and those that I just had a good time at. I guess we just live and enjoy the moment, and then move on.

But yeah, I'll be at WPB 2008!!! Stoked.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

we don't

wooow .. unless you're kidding, what an asshole comment.

i'm 16 now, and my first pj show was hartford 06. i was just about 14.

the song i wanted to hear the most that night was sleight of hand. i did.
    my friend, also his first show, wanted to hear i got shit. he did.
    extremely memorable for us. jeremy and all that was exactly what i wanted to hear the least. and even if someone did want to hear that, it means nothing. someone likes what they like. that doesn't determine how much of a fan they are. now i agree, if they only know those songs then yea they are noobs. but what you said is ridiculous. i met a lot of older diehards who have seen 15+ shows the night of my first show, and they were super cool about everything and were really excited for me to see the show because they could tell i was a real fan.

i mean damn, just because my friends and i are 16, are we going to get looked at by people like you as noobs? i hope not, because i'm as a big a fan as you. my favorite albums are yield, no code, and binaural. just because someone hasnt seen 20 shows doesnt mean they only want to hear hits. weird setlists are what i get off on! this tour i'm seeing my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pj show. can't wait!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180

we don't

Do you ever have anything positive to say? The fact that you assume to know what they want to hear really shows your arrogance/ignorance. Its actually quite pathetic.

Negative individuals like yourself is what really screws it for the rest of us...
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

we don't

what a jerk.

rvw? do you mean r v m ? noob.

anyway to the original poster, congrats and have a great time!!!! :)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Dogman3 wrote:
    becareful! my first show was in 05... and ive been on a rampage ever since!
    (well, not by most peoples standards but... a lot more shows than i think i'da seen!)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    wooow .. unless you're kidding, what an asshole comment.

i'm 16 now, and my first pj show was hartford 06. i was just about 14.

the song i wanted to hear the most that night was sleight of hand. i did.
    my friend, also his first show, wanted to hear i got shit. he did.
    extremely memorable for us. jeremy and all that was exactly what i wanted to hear the least. and even if someone did want to hear that, it means nothing. someone likes what they like. that doesn't determine how much of a fan they are. now i agree, if they only know those songs then yea they are noobs. but what you said is ridiculous. i met a lot of older diehards who have seen 15+ shows the night of my first show, and they were super cool about everything and were really excited for me to see the show because they could tell i was a real fan.

i mean damn, just because my friends and i are 16, are we going to get looked at by people like you as noobs? i hope not, because i'm as a big a fan as you. my favorite albums are yield, no code, and binaural. just because someone hasnt seen 20 shows doesnt mean they only want to hear hits. weird setlists are what i get off on! this tour i'm seeing my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pj show. can't wait!
    awesome, dude. I'm almost 18 and I can't wait to see pearl jam as well! will be seeing them for the first (6) times this tour and I'm totally psyched. :D

I've listened to hundreds of boots but it's about time I see em! Honestly, how many shows you went to or whatever means nothing for how big of a fan you are, and any idiot who thinks that is just pathetic.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    awesome, dude. I'm almost 18 and I can't wait to see pearl jam as well! will be seeing them for the first (6) times this tour and I'm totally psyched. :D

I've listened to hundreds of boots but it's about time I see em! Honestly, how many shows you went to or whatever means nothing for how big of a fan you are, and any idiot who thinks that is just pathetic.

amen dude.
    nice! your first time, 6 shows!
    dude you're fucked for the next tour. you're gonna want to go to so many shows. i still remember my first show so clearly. ever since then i have just been dying to see pj again. if i had the money and the resources to go to more then 3 shows, i'd travel all over to see them.

so what 6 shows you going to?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382

we don't
    You're a fucking idiot. You sound like your a cockey 14 year old boy, who thinks he knows it all. And if you're older than that, then you should be ashamed.

Cunt.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    I think everyone is different in this respect. I don't remember shows. I know I was there, and I know the shows that I had a great time at and those that I just had a good time at. I guess we just live and enjoy the moment, and then move on.

But yeah, I'll be at WPB 2008!!! Stoked.

I remember something/moments from just about every show I've been too. The shows I really liked or had a great time at I remember more from those. And even some of the shows I didn't enjoy I remember some of those moments too. Funny thing is some of the shows I didn't enjoy due to whatever reason I've never listened to the boots.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Murderers wrote:
    You're a fucking idiot. You sound like your a cockey 14 year old boy, who thinks he knows it all. And if you're older than that, then you should be ashamed.

Cunt.

hoawa...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Congrats....have a good time.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    becareful! my first show was in 05... and ive been on a rampage ever since!
    (well, not by most peoples standards but... a lot more shows than i think i'da seen!)
    oh, and I forgot the very bad influence people you're going to meet as well... isn't that right Steph? ;)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036

we don't
    Boooooo!!!!
    There's absolutely nothing CRAP about Pearl Jam in the 90's through Binaural era. They were a band of perfection.

RA & PJ era, well some of the studio stuff were kinda crappy BUT the tours were phenomenal.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424

we don't

I don't see any "we" here...
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I don't see any "we" here...

Just ignore him, he was doing this in another thread before.

I'd love to hear Sleight of Hand or I Got Shit. Both 2 EXCELLENT songs.

But I'd feel like something was missing if I didn't here Alive or Evenflow.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I know I really wanna hear Habit. Awesome song live.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Welcome to a serious addiction :D:D

Enjoy!! I am counting down the days to NYC :)