Options

10-01-04, Reading. Reflect ...

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited October 2008 in The Porch
It was the best day of my life. I had so many positive feelings; I was the Energizer cat gone crazy. Kerry had whooped Bush the night before in the first debate, and PJ played "Masters of War" on "Letterman." I was filled with hope.

I met two great gals, one of whom I met up with in July in Seattle while on a cross-country trip, and things felt perfect, if only for a day.

The tailgate in the Ugly Oyster was amazing. I recall hearing "W.M.A." after I popped in quarters and some dude in a black Citizen Dick shirt.

The band put on a great show even though the venue sound was bad.

What a day. I won't soon forget.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iluvcats hooked me up with this boot! :D:D:D
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    traffic was a nightmare driving in, but i'm told i actually beat the real backlog. met both Mike and Boom outside the venue where they were both kind enough to sign autographs for the folks that gathered. snuck into the venue during PJ's soundcheck to watch them work through Sad.

good times all around :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    one of my fondest memories! what a great road trip that was...
    4 years ago - can't believe it!!!
  • Options
    Gob Robbins was cool.
    "Drugs stink!"

Had side stage seats, up high.
    Eddie has a nice hair line.

Almost peed my pants during Sad.

This was one kick ass show.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    great show. death cab was awesome. i was lucky enough to score 6th row seats because of the 10c ticketmaster presale. they played SAD!!
  • Options
    Good show, great cause.
    I remember fundamentalists protesting the show across the street from the venue. Sad.
    Hold On
  • Options
    the crowd was absolutely incredible that night
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    sad04sad04 Posts: 10
    My very first PJ show...what an unbelievable night. I sat the 3rd row behind the stage. And, to keep things fair, they played a song to the back. Anyone remember that?
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    In my hometown (I grew up 15 minutes outside the sh*thole), I was excited beyond words...tailgated in the Ugly O lot and the rest is blurry, I do remember the Sad debut though...shook Tim Robbins hand, great times, decent boot...and yeah, that venue sound is BAD
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    My friends surprised me with 2nd row tickets for this show about ½ hour before we left the hotel. I cried. :)

We had a great time and then had to get up in the wee hours of the morning to take the 9 hour drive to Toledo to do it all over again the next night.

Awesome memories.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    ride from hell
    parking nightmare
    death cab and gob roberts (OUCH my ears hurt)
    one set of speaker stacks going out
    meeting liz burns
    sitting 12th row for sad

great time
  • Options
    That was one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make in my life which doesn’t say much about my life. Bruce or Pearl Jam same night they are probably dead even at number 1 on my list. I think I made the right decision the rest of my family went to Bruce and said it was o.k. compared to most Bruce shows. What a night my buddy had just got home from Iraq huge fan and it was his first show and what a show it was. Small loud and smoke all the cigs you want. I just remember my hands throbbing from pounding the back of the chair in front of me. And the crazy tailgate with people on the top of the parking deck.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Jbro2222 wrote:
    That was one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make in my life which doesn’t say much about my life. Bruce or Pearl Jam same night they are probably dead even at number 1 on my list. I think I made the right decision the rest of my family went to Bruce and said it was o.k. compared to most Bruce shows. What a night my buddy had just got home from Iraq huge fan and it was his first show and what a show it was. Small loud and smoke all the cigs you want. I just remember my hands throbbing from pounding the back of the chair in front of me. And the crazy tailgate with people on the top of the parking deck.

My brother had to make the same decision, he’s a huge Bruce fan too. He made the right one, he came with us on the road trip to Reading and Toledo and we all had a fabulous time.

Nice that your buddy got a great show after serving his country. That’s the least the band could do for him.

We’re going to see Bruce this weekend at his free show on the parkway here in Philly. Should be a good time as well.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i had 19th row center seats and moved my way to the 5th row right in front of Mike.... Was a hell of a show... was a bitch getting back home to NY that nite... i almost fell asleep at the wheel.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."