1 day away and 10C still hasnt made any announcement of the beacon show

pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
edited June 2008 in The Porch
what gives?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Possibly because it has nothing to do with the show?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    but doesnt it have something to do with the band?

so if they have no affiliation with the event, they dont acknowledge it at all?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,946
    No big deal. Tickets are gone, and they've got bigger things to deal with probably - such as bootleg distribution.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Yeah, it's a private booking. It wouldn't make sense for them to promote it.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    They'll probably post the setlist afterwards.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    but doesnt it have something to do with the band?

so if they have no affiliation with the event, they dont acknowledge it at all?

That appears to be the case. I may be wrong about this but I don't think
    it's unprecedented.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    Personally, I dont think the setlist will be anything super impressive, this will be the show they play all there hits... I dont know much about this show but it seems like a rich people concert...not a fan concert. I mean, I don't doubt fans will be there but I think it is going to mostly be people that can afford the high prices and have nothing better to do on a tuesday night. I could be wrong.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Personally, I dont think the setlist will be anything super impressive, this will be the show they play all there hits... I dont know much about this show but it seems like a rich people concert...not a fan concert. I mean, I don't doubt fans will be there but I think it is going to mostly be people that can afford the high prices and have nothing better to do on a tuesday night. I could be wrong.

Is that why you think the 10C hasn't announced the show?
    Because the set list is going to be lame? In that case they shouldn't
    have announced Mansfield 1.

(kidding......)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    share wrote:
    Is that why you think the 10C hasn't announced the show?
    Because the set list is going to be lame? In that case they shouldn't
    have announced Mansfield 1.

(kidding......)

lol, good point but you see, I think the show is going to be worse then Mansfield I--even though I dont think Mansfield was that bad, just alot of repeats--I am saying it is going to be a Pearl Jam's "greats mainstream hits show".

And no that is not why I think it wasn't advertised, I think the cost of the tickets and because it it a private invite only show.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,946
    lol, good point but you see, I think the show is going to be worse then Mansfield I--even though I dont think Mansfield was that bad, just alot of repeats--I am saying it is going to be a Pearl Jam's "greats mainstream hits show".

And no that is not why I think it wasn't advertised, I think the cost of the tickets and because it it a private invite only show.
    Don't forget, different kind of audience, but at Bonnaroo everyone expected a mainstream setlist too.
    Edit: Sorry, lateralus963, quoted the wrong person.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    pulaski wrote:
    what gives?

why would they at this point? 10c had absolutely NOTHING to do with the ticket selling process, it is ALL a robin hood foundation event that pearl jam is participating in. i do agree perhaps they could've announced pearl ajm was planning on participating, given a link to the robin hood org website, etc.....but should've been done weeks ago BEFORE tix went on sale, not now. however, they didn't. i am sure they left it all up to RHF, and perhaps that's what the organization wanted. seriously, while pj may be playing the gig, it is not 'their show'....it's all about 'robin hood rocks.'

for those thinking it will be an all hits show....could well be! and ya know what? couldn't give a shite! pearl jam are playing at the beacon...i am there......i am HAPPY! :D however, i am also an optimist and i believe they'll throw out at least 1-2 gems for those in attendance. bottomline live pearl jam = BLISS.....and in a 3k seat venue in NYC in support of an AWESOME organization? what's not to love?! fantastic!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    seething with jealousy that I am not able to go to the Beacon show. Some guy had two orchestra tickets on EBAY last week that ended up selling for about $1300 for the two of them. Not that I need to spend $1300, but the airfare and hotel would have been cause for a divorce in my house. ;)

Seething, I say.

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    kcherub wrote:
    seething with jealousy that I am not able to go to the Beacon show. Some guy had two orchestra tickets on EBAY last week that ended up selling for about $1300 for the two of them. Not that I need to spend $1300, but the airfare and hotel would have been cause for a divorce in my house. ;)

Seething, I say.

Take care,
    one hand....divorce
    the other hand....PJ at Beacon

I call it a toss up

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    vitodacat wrote:
    one hand....divorce

I call it a toss up

Very cute! Believe me, I thought of just going myself and pretending that I was just that cool to hop on a plane to NY, stay in a hotel, and see a PJ show by myself?

What do you think the chances are that there will be a Beacon t-shirt? On top of that, what do you think the chances are that I can talk someone into getting me one?

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    why would they at this point? 10c had absolutely NOTHING to do with the ticket selling process, it is ALL a robin hood foundation event that pearl jam is participating in. i do agree perhaps they could've announced pearl ajm was planning on participating, given a link to the robin hood org website, etc.....but should've been done weeks ago BEFORE tix went on sale, not now. however, they didn't. i am sure they left it all up to RHF, and perhaps that's what the organization wanted. seriously, while pj may be playing the gig, it is not 'their show'....it's all about 'robin hood rocks.'

How is that any different from something like the Bridge School shows (or even Vote for Change)? Weren't those also benefit shows organized by someone else? And yet I am pretty sure both were advertised here. I do agree with you though that by this point there is no real reason to do anything.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    They probably don't want to invite the 10club because they will find something to bitch about.............................
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

for those thinking it will be an all hits show....could well be! and ya know what? couldn't give a shite! pearl jam are playing at the beacon...i am there......i am HAPPY! :D however, i am also an optimist and i believe they'll throw out at least 1-2 gems for those in attendance. bottomline live pearl jam = BLISS.....and in a 3k seat venue in NYC in support of an AWESOME organization? what's not to love?! fantastic!

this one is for all you fans in the upper balcony

they will throw out a gem or two-Id be surprised if they didnt.
  • Options
    edved13edved13 Posts: 67
    You haters are just jealous that you are not going to the Beacon. Die hards were waiting days for a call back for this one! I will give you the rich peeps will be in the $2500 seats but the rest will be fans. It will probably be the best show of the year! Somewhere between the Borgata and the Vic theater show!! It will be off the hook and I'm sure there will be nothing main stream about it.
  • Options

How is that any different from something like the Bridge School shows (or even Vote for Change)? Weren't those also benefit shows organized by someone else? And yet I am pretty sure both were advertised here. I do agree with you though that by this point there is no real reason to do anything.

already addressed that point, and of course, simply hypothesis. at this point tho, seems silly to ask the day before the gig, why wasn't it announced, that's all.

also, bridge show and VFC, BIG shows....RH gig, VERY small. so while all benefit shows, not the same either. in my mind, RHF called all the shots here, and pearl jam/10c respectfully followed their desires. it's all good.

and get_right, says the man who's in the pricey seats gratis. ;) btw - i am in the lower balcony, so i hope those rare gems are for me too. :D

oh, and for VFC - while no 10c tickets, we DID get a presale TM password.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

and get_right, says the man who's in the pricey seats gratis. ;) btw - i am in the lower balcony, so i hope those rare gems are for me too. :D

I am sorry to say it didnt work out-I got a really good offer from one of the board members, but still too pricey. Told ya those investment bankers are fickle!
    I will not be there so have fun for me gimpy!!!!

:D
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am sorry to say it didnt work out-I got a really good offer from one of the board members, but still too pricey.
    I will not be there so have fun for me gimpy!!!!

:D

oh nooooo!
    :eek:

i just enjoyed giving you shite for it, and sure...just a wee bit bitter/jealous. but that's a-ok amongst friends, no? ;) sweet bejeebus man, you should've joined us all in the balconies! bummer! cannot believe we haven't run into each other at ALL this tour!

and no worries....you KNOW i will have a GREAT time! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    oh nooooo!
    :eek:

i just enjoyed giving you shite for it, and sure...just a wee bit bitter/jealous. but that's a-ok amongst friends, no? ;) sweet bejeebus man, you should've joined us all in the balconies! bummer! cannot believe we haven't run into each other at ALL this tour!

and no worries....you KNOW i will have a GREAT time! :D

I can take it-so no worries-just remember paybacks a bitch :p:D

Actually the timing of this tour was not great for me-I only made three shows all by a hair of my chinny chin chin-no pre-parties and I had to miss MSG 2. Long story.

Hartford made up for it all-and truthfully-it would be tough to make it tomorrow anyway.

So I hope they play some great stuff tomorrow, and that all you folks that ponied up the dough ray mi get something special.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    pulaski wrote:
    what gives?
    HAHAHA really? Thats GANSTER!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    vitodacat wrote:
    one hand....divorce

I call it a toss up

I would be more worried about the damage she would do to all my PJ memorabilia....posters,autographed framed guitars,vinyl albums...etc...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,661
    Last night at Mansfield Ed mentioned that they were doing 'a little thing tommorow night in NYC' but said that there would be 'nothing left' for those folks, cause they were 'giving it all to us tonight'. (And they did!!)
    But I hope they saved a little somethin' special for us this evening.

I was happy to hear that as a 'confirmation' (even though I have ticket in hand.)
    Mums the word around here as far as 10C is concerned.