Options

Pearl Jam preference?

Moon CamaroMoon Camaro Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in The Porch
With the MSG shows this past week and everyone getting excited about them, it got me thinkin: Does PJ have a few venues (besides MSG and Gorge) that get them excited to play?

I'm sure they enjoy playin Seattle but we all can't attend the Gorge or MSG. Myself I've only seen them four times and every time was in Ohio except for when they opened for the Stones at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. The two shows in Columbus didn't seem special other than the fact that it seemed they stayed a little after curfew to play Yellow Ledbetter at the request of Stone in 03, but when I saw them in Cincinnati in 06 it seemed a little different. It seemed like they enjoyed it more and were having more fun.

I took it as Eddie drawing inspiration from playing in the same building as the Who when they had a tragic event happen like the one at Roskilde in June 2000, but that's something I'll never get to know.

But what do YOU think? This is kind of an unanswerable question and more of an opinion but still I'm sure we'd all like to give out input to this topic.
Columbus '00, Columbus '03, Pittsburgh '05 (opened for Stones), Cincinnati '06,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    They have played some sick shows in ATL.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hawaii always seems special to them. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    In addition to the venue itself, I would think a lot of it has to do with how they are feeling that particular day. I'm sure their lives on the road are much nicer now than they were when they were out promoting Ten, but still, it can't be the easiest thing to be out on the road for months at a time. Probably wonderful when you are 25, but not ideal when you are older and might have a family or whatnot.

Maybe that is why the past couple tours have been over a smaller region and have had legs that only last a month or two with a day or so off in between shows. Plus, that gives Mike time to sightsee (didn't people see him at Independence Hall in Philadelphia and around the mall in DC?).
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Capstoner wrote:
    They have played some sick shows in ATL.
    yes they have- that's why I see ATL getting a show on the next tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    LukinFan wrote:
    yes they have- that's why I see ATL getting a show on the next tour

PLEASE, PLEASE, please, please...
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo