Options

Now that my round of tickets are up I'll reveal the secret to score them.

Comments

• Options
    I honestly wanted to go to these shows cause I miss my pj crew, yes I love Ed but would have missed the guys, so fuck it Im doing the dc trip, if we dont get tickets fun we still be had.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Well feel free to share your NYC pair if they aren't already scooped up! :)
  • Options
    so, by either continuously clicking "tickets", when, say, milwaukee goes up, will it list milwaukee at the top of the page, above boston, until milwaukee is out of stock, then do they move it to the bottom?
  • Options
    vic in T.O.vic in T.O. Posts: 385
    Milwaukee will be posted at the top of the ticket icon list when they go on sale.
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    callmedaughtercallmedaughter IL Posts: 38
    Milwaukee will be posted at the top of the ticket icon list when they go on sale.

no scrolling down required when waiting for the tickets to go on sale?

good to know.
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    I would just like to add....I am going to three shows. Boston, NYC and Newark....and if you don't realize how amazing all these venues are, and how amazing their acoustics are....well, that just sucks....because these places are just incredible for live acoustic shows.....and with Ed being the man on the acoustic.....I'm going to go to as many as possible. This may never happen again people.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    no scrolling down required when waiting for the tickets to go on sale?

good to know.

No scrolling needed for today's sale, but it wasn't always like this yesterday (or was it the day before) I think. So don't take it for granted.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    No scrolling needed for today's sale, but it wasn't always like this yesterday (or was it the day before) I think. So don't take it for granted.

also good to know.

scrolling required then I guess.
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Not required... just stay on guard. Judging from today, I would assume that it would go like the first two which would mean they go to the top.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    I hold the mouse one the right ready to pounce (click) on the new show icon, and press F5 to refresh when its not there. That way I don't need to move the mouse back and forth.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Not required... just stay on guard. Judging from today, I would assume that it would go like the first two which would mean they go to the top.

ArGH!!?? to scroll or not to scroll..... :)
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    scw156 wrote:
    but, the setlist doesnt change

West coast was an experiment.

I think we'll see a lot more variation now that Ed is comfortable with his solo gigs. Not certain about this...but it's what I think.....
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    my new ticket icons kept going to the bottom (newwark shifted positions 3 times) weird. didn't get them.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    I just "practiced" by trying the click on the top ticket repeated method and it worked... nice to know different strategies... I didn't buy the tickets though.
  • Options
    I'd rather see Jeff Tweedy.
    If you want to get wild, get wild!
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    I was 4 for 7. DC 2 didn't even come up until 2:03 p.m. Some other people I chatted with, they didn't get DC 2 until 2:15 p.m.-2:17 p.m. DC 2 sale blew. Also they should be playing Constitution Hall instead of Warner Theatre. The Box Office is corrupt.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I'd rather see Jeff Tweedy.

Me too. At least at that show you won't see a bunch of fan club members seeing multiple shows with EXTREMELY similar set list, while wearing wilco t-shirts.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I think the point is that by you getting what is essentially the same "intimate night" 4 times, you prevent 3 other people from doing so once.

I am only going to 2 shows and if there was only one in Toronto, I would only be gonig to one. But to each his own.

So, by going to 2 nights in T.O., you are preventing someone from doing so once.
    :)
  • Options
    my new ticket icons kept going to the bottom (newwark shifted positions 3 times) weird. didn't get them.

sorry to hear that,it worked both times for Toronto shows yesterday and someone else just posted that it worked for Milwaukee.
    Keep trying until it says "out of Stock"
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    KurtK26KurtK26 Posts: 31
    Oxxys wrote:
    Why the fuck do you need to go to four shows

Agreed. I wish there was a limit. Does "temporarily out of stock" instead of "out of stock" mean there will be more?
  • Options
    KurtK26 wrote:
    Agreed. I wish there was a limit. Does "temporarily out of stock" instead of "out of stock" mean there will be more?

YES!!!! dont stop trying
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    KurtK26 wrote:

It pretty much means you've been fucked!

but keep trying
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    sorry to hear that,it worked both times for Toronto shows yesterday and someone else just posted that it worked for Milwaukee.
    Keep trying until it says "out of Stock"

actually got dc2 tickets today - so I am a happy camper. Thanks for the advice though, I'll try it next time.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Great strategy, except of course when the tickets show up second instead of first. Which happened on Montreal 1 and Toronto 1 for me.
  • Options
    i had 2 tix to milwaukee, got them RIGHT as it went live, logged out so i couldn't buy them, that was the only time i was able to get to the screen where i enter in my credit card info, now, i was never able to get anymore after that very first split second
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I have done all the browser stuff, cookies, refresh etc stuff and it just comes to pure luck IMHO

Do you feel lucky.....
  • Options
    imo, the best chance you have is the split second they go on sale, then all the tickets are temorarily in somebody's possession, then by clicking and clicking and getting a buy sign, i think that's when people get logged out, screw up putting in cc info, etc, thus putting the tickets back into the pool for other people to buy
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    imo, the best chance you have is the split second they go on sale, then all the tickets are temorarily in somebody's possession, then by clicking and clicking and getting a buy sign, i think that's when people get logged out, screw up putting in cc info, etc, thus putting the tickets back into the pool for other people to buy

Its like catching a foul ball......let it hit a few other people's hands first!
  • Options
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Also they should be playing Constitution Hall instead of Warner Theatre. The Box Office is corrupt.

EV are Constitution Hall?? You serious? I don't think any acoustic show would be good there. He should have pissed everyone off and booked a show at the Black Cat!
  • Options
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Also they should be playing Constitution Hall instead of Warner Theatre. The Box Office is corrupt.

EV at Constitution Hall?? You serious? I don't think any acoustic show would be good there. He should have pissed everyone off and booked a show at the Black Cat!