Options

Montreal is in my cart what should I do???

Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
edited July 2008 in The Porch

Go to the show?

Throw them back?

Hold them hostage for a donut.
Tour '08
Destroying DC Scum.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Don't be a jerk.

Go to the show. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Either buy them or dump em, don't hold em like a douche and ask people what to do on a message board.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Not going. I wanted to see how the Canadian shows are doing since yesterday was insane. Just threw them back into the pool.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,738
    Super_Fan wrote:

Go to the show?

Throw them back?

Hold them hostage for a donut.

You're just DYING to be hated, aren't you...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Not going. I wanted to see how the Canadian shows are doing since yesterday was insane. Just threw them back into the pool.

Don't you dare do that for the Toronto show or I'll feel like kicking you.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    So would you hate someone that actually purchase tickets? I didn't purchase the tickets. I threw them back into the pool by going into my cart and entering the number 0 which released the tickets back. Now someone else will grab them and enjoy the show.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Don't you dare do that for the Toronto show or I'll feel like kicking you.

If I did it for Toronto I would be going for the second show if my friend gets shut out for night 1.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,738
    Super_Fan wrote:
    So would you hate someone that actually purchase tickets? I didn't purchase the tickets. I threw them back into the pool by going into my cart and entering the number 0 which released the tickets back. Now someone else will grab them and enjoy the show.

Ok, I forgive you... but the thousands of other people who clicked BUY at the exact same time you did and didn't get the ticket added to their cart because it was added to yours and then never got another chance after you removed it from your cart because you never wanted it anyway... may not.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Super_Fan wrote:

I did the same. Took me 15 minutes, but I feel a lot better about doing it tomorrow. Sorry for holding anyone up
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Personally, if I'm not going to a show, I don't go anywhere near the "Goods" section. Am glad you released them back, but it just reminds me of all the people that did that "just to see" when the PJ East Coast shows went on sale at Ticketmaster (when they already had tix). I just don't see the point, I got tix in the nosebleeds for both MSG shows, I didn't care cause I was at least in the building, but it shits me just a little that people got better tix just to throw them back and I could have possibly been closer. I'm just saying.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Tone wrote:
    Personally, if I'm not going to a show, I don't go anywhere near the "Goods" section. Am glad you released them back, but it just reminds me of all the people that did that "just to see" when the PJ East Coast shows went on sale at Ticketmaster (when they already had tix). I just don't see the point, I got tix in the nosebleeds for both MSG shows, I didn't care cause I was at least in the building, but it shits me just a little that people got better tix just to throw them back and I could have possibly been closer. I'm just saying.

I don't get it either. the venues are all small enough that it really doesn't
    matter where you are in the building. The "intimate experience" will be
    felt no matter what seat you get.
    Some people want to get so close to Ed that they can count his nose
    hairs, I guess.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    share wrote:
    I don't get it either. the venues are all small enough that it really doesn't
    matter where you are in the building. The "intimate experience" will be
    felt no matter what seat you get.
    Some people want to get so close to Ed that they can count his nose
    hairs, I guess.

I'd pay good money to know the number of ear hair.

Also, on a general note, there is no need to "practice" for tickets. Stay away from the Goods section when tickets go onsale (especially East Coast) so that you don't further slow down an already slow website.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551

Also, on a general note, there is no need to "practice" for tickets. Stay away from the Goods section when tickets go onsale (especially East Coast) so that you don't further slow down an already slow website.

good thing he's not playing at a nudist colony then.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    i admit, i practiced. For tomorrow.

I got tickets and released them immediately.

no more need to practice.
  • Options
    Practice? What is there a game tomorrow. Link goes up....click. I don't get it.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Practice? What is there a game tomorrow. Link goes up....click. I don't get it.

I tried yesterday, but failed. When I click on BUY, I have a couple extra steps it seems before I can land tickets. I think I actually had it yesterday, but thought I was just getting logged off.

Now that I know exactly what to do from this particular computer and internet at work, I have a decent shot at tickets.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905

lol

for sure. what if you like if it if we try tomorrow and just refresh the pages, add tickets in cart .. and just have the tickets sit in our cart for minutes on end? (ones who are not intending on going to these show's) it's not a right thing to do. please, play fair for the ones that are wanting to go to these show's.

thanks! :)
  • Options
    Didn't you guys know that we all deserve special treatment and are the "biggest" PJ/EV fan?!?!?!

I practice on every show. I hold them hostage. I'm experimenting. The fact that panties get bunched over it is hilarious to me. Keep bitching and I'll keep "holding" in my cart.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:0)

p.s. i actually bought montreal tickets though.
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    lol

for sure. what if you like if it if we try tomorrow and just refresh the pages, add tickets in cart .. and just have the tickets sit in our cart for minutes on end? (ones who are not intending on going to these show's) it's not a right thing to do. please, play fair for the ones that are wanting to go to these show's.

thanks! :)

p.s. life's not fair, didn;t you learn that yet?
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Look... don't try to spin your kookiness into some sort of act of charity or benevolence. Picking up a pair in your hand and having to ASK what to do with them is a complete act of douchebaggery. Either have the decision to go or not to go BEFORE you click the button.
    Also, you failed to mention that you snatched that pair from the hands of someone who was there that actually WANTS to go to the show.
    Don't be an idiot and try to explain it away with some lame ass excuse... it makes you look like an even bigger shithead.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    p.s. life's not fair, didn;t you learn that yet?

yep, but i'm all against hate, anger, violence .. rage! i'm so off the negative side of things. i'm living postive. i care so much for other's. i volunteer, i have faith, i belive in a peaceful life. i don't want anything in return. i just feel good on what i'm doing, which i'll be doing till the end of time. i used to be depressed out of my mind, but the past few weeks, i have so cured that. i feel fucking fantastic! all thanks to great family & friends.

ok, 30 minutes to go. this green tea needs more ice. all the best everybody for montreal night 2! :)