Options

$649.00 for a Row M or N Orchestra seat for Boston?

Peter APeter A Posts: 4
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Went to the Boston Opera House to look for a seating plan and clicked on the ticket link for the hell of it. Didn't see the show listed so I searched for Vedder and it lists a bunch. Talk about price gouging.

BALC LC ROW U
Balcony Seats $249.00
Balcony ROW to be assigned
delivery by 7/20 $265.25
Mezanine ROW to be assigned
delivery by 7/20 $340.50
MEZZ RT ROW O
Mezzanine Overhangs Orchestra $395.00
Orchestra ROW to be assigned
delivery by 7/20 $400.25
ORCH CTR ROW T
Orchestra Seats $525.00
ORCH CTR ROW U
Orchestra Seats $525.00
ORCH RT ROW H
Orchestra Seats $599.00
ORCH RC ROW N
Orchestra Seats $649.00
ORCH LC ROW M
Orchestra Seats $649.00
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    That's criminal.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    they should go down after a week or so.

Im not paying a boatload for EV solo.
  • Options
    JAM76JAM76 Posts: 14
    I don't understand that, the link that they(the Boston Opera house) have is to Ace tickets, and that place is a RIP OFF! They are just legalized scalpers.
    How did they get tickets already, if they don't go on sale to the general public until Friday? So crazy and so unfair!
    www.myspace.com/jennifah76
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    tickets on ebay for Toronto all ready. Sickening.
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    JAM76 wrote:
    I don't understand that, the link that they(the Boston Opera house) have is to Ace tickets, and that place is a RIP OFF! They are just legalized scalpers.
    How did they get tickets already, if they don't go on sale to the general public until Friday? So crazy and so unfair!

They join the fanclub, God knows how many times, it's probably in the hundreds per ticketing agency....

It truly is criminal, but I do think that we will see an end to this ticketing agency bullshit in the near future....
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    They join the fanclub, God knows how many times, it's probably in the hundreds per ticketing agency....

It truly is criminal, but I do think that we will see an end to this ticketing agency bullshit in the near future....

how could they have fanclub seats when we will not know where the seats are until the day of the show? those are specific listings.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    They have agreements with the venues/promoters. They get tickets to all events...its all about the benjamins.....and this is not new by any means.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    there are SO MANY extra tickets floating around at the shows....everyone that wanted to get in got into the three Ed shows i saw. Also, on the day of San Diego 2 i hopped on ticketmaster and there was some amazing seats on sale....i know it sucks not to have tickets all ready and reserved, but trust me...it will all work out!!!
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm buying them all, then doubling those prices.

Muhhahahahahahhaa.

I'm the smartest man alive. ;)

Actually, I'm putting myself into one of those cyrogenic chambers until Wednesday to help me get ready for tickets for the midwest. Fun times.
  • Options
    To save money, I am just going to freeze my head...it is cheaper.

I was impressed to see 10 club members helping each other on the East Coast tour and on the EV leg 1. I tend to think there is a ticket out there for all of us at the shows we want to attend.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Seriously who's buying these tickets at these prices....ridiculous.
  • Options
    The people who make a profit off of these folks are a shameful pile of scum. Like gasoline, demand will always dictate the feasibility of a market for scalpers. The people who really want to be there, as I have done on many occasions, will do almost anything for a ticket.
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    Seriously who's buying these tickets at these prices....ridiculous.

I buy about half of my concert tickets (thankfully have not had to for Pearl Jam yet) from brokers. If I don't get good seats in the initial onsale, I don't devote the time to getting them the traditional ways. Deals are to be found if you purchase from a broker at the last minute. I purchase most of my baseball tickets this way too.
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    They have agreements with the venues/promoters. They get tickets to all events...its all about the benjamins.....and this is not new by any means.
    These companies are actually licensed ticket brokers. This is how Ticketmaster can get away with not being considered a monopoly in the eyes of the government.

I am not sure about scalping laws, but I think that (at least in Massachusetts) if you are licensed and can document all of your costs associated with the acquisition of the tickets, then you can basically charge whatever you want. Of course, we all know that if someone were to sell tickets at these prices, the profit margin would be 300% or more which is definitely not legitimate.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    JAM76 wrote:

That's because bostonoperahouse.com is not an official Boston Opera House web site (as far as I can tell, there isn't one). It's not affiliated with the venue in any way, and I would imagine the site's owner is receiving some ad money from Ace Tickets for that link.

As for where those tickets are coming from, I have absolutely no idea.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.