Options

MSG Alive Video Project

danprovostdanprovost Posts: 8
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Hello friends,

I had an idea for a little project I wanted to undertake. There is a Beastie Boys concert film called "Awesome, I F*ckin Shot That," where they handed out 50 digital cameras to the audience, let them film whatever they wanted, and then edited it all together into a concert film afterwards. I just realized that with all the small video cameras, digital still cameras with video capabilities, and video cameras on cell phones, this exercise happens at every PJ show these days. I think it would be really cool to gather as many sources as I can, sync them to the soundboard audio when it is released, and then edit it down into a "fan view" video. I have selected "Alive" from MSG II for a few reasons:

1. I was at the show.
2. It was a great performance.
3. The house lights are turned on for most of the song, thus increasing the quality of the recordings and likelihood and someone decided to record.

This is where you come in. If you recorded ANY part of this specific song performance (even if only for 10 seconds) I would love to get a copy of it. You will of course get credit, and the finished project will be available for all to view online. I have already found several clips on youtube, and I have contacted several people in an attempt to grab the original files.

I think this could be a cool project, and your help would be greatly appreciated. It's crazy to think, ten years ago we were lucky to have ONE video source for a concert, let alone 20. Technology rules.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    go here, click on shows and scroll back to june 25th. there's like a minute of footage from alive msg2
    http://www.spin.com/pearl-jam-tour

good luck with your project
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    sounds awesome. i have about a minute and a half of msg II alive if you want it. pretty good quality too.
  • Options
    whome13 wrote:
    sounds awesome. i have about a minute and a half of msg II alive if you want it. pretty good quality too.

Yeah, I would love it. I'm trying to collect as much as I can, so I can put together a really solid edit. http://www.sendspace.com and http://www.senduit.com are both great for uploading files if it is below 300mb. I think rapid share can do more.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Also, Vimeo is a good option for uploading video because I would be able to grab the original file that way.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    ButchNJButchNJ Posts: 13
    rojam wrote:
    Yeah, I would love it. I'm trying to collect as much as I can, so I can put together a really solid edit. http://www.sendspace.com and http://www.senduit.com are both great for uploading files if it is below 300mb. I think rapid share can do more.

Thanks!

I'll be able to help you also....I shot 2:43 of Alive that night. I can upload the quicktime for you of that's better....I'm just adding it to youtube now also.....I think you'll like it....
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Great idea man. Very creative....even if it wasnt your idea.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Very cool... let us know when it's done!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    One last bump.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    A project right up my alley, I love that beastie boys film you mentioned and pretty much only because of the way it was shot. I was a New Media student in college so all of that kind of stuff appeals to me. Good luck w/ this, hope it turns out how you envision it.
  • Options
    mookiebabymookiebaby Posts: 30
    If I'm not mistaken at the Toronto Beastie's show they randomly selected 5 fans and gave them cameras and the footage was shown live on the screens during the concert. They put some effects over it but I remember seeing people with the camera's running around the arena and it was all on the screens.

It would be cool if they did that during a PJ show
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    mookiebaby wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken at the Toronto Beastie's show they randomly selected 5 fans and gave them cameras and the footage was shown live on the screens during the concert. They put some effects over it but I remember seeing people with the camera's running around the arena and it was all on the screens.

It would be cool if they did that during a PJ show

and right before it's over, a security guard spears one of the guys flailing around

that would be funny. hehe
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options