Options

Who does Ed think he is?

mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
edited July 2008 in The Porch
$75 + venue fees for a solo show? It's cheaper to see the whole band! This is really disappointing and revealing of the type of character Vedder has. I thought he was responsible for keeping ticket prices down, but that's got to be a band decision. What a cock.

What's he doing with all this profit? Buying wine for him and Gisele Bunchen?
6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    mikeg19_82 wrote:
    $75 + venue fees for a solo show? It's cheaper to see the whole band! This is really disappointing and revealing of the type of character Vedder has. I thought he was responsible for keeping ticket prices down, but that's got to be a band decision. What a cock.

That's perfectly reasonable considering the venue size.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    cheap ass
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

you didn't get tickets either huh?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    It's well worth it.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    I assume you're just an argumentative shit disturber.

I'm pretty sure the cost of venue rental isn't decreased when someone is performing solo rather than with his band.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

give me a break, no matter what, people here find something to complain about .. you dont like , dont go its that simple, there are a lot of people who find the price equal with most ticket prices today.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    Who does ed think he is?........f@cking eddie f*cking vedder

pearl jam plays to 20k a night and ev plays to less than 3k, so it's kind of a bargain to be able to have such an intimate experience with one of, if not the best, song writer of our generation

don't like the price, don't pay it......just like if cocoa puffs go up to $5 a box:)
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    There are tour costs attached to the price of tickets. Crew, Drivers/Fuel Costs, management, venue surcharges, flights/buses, soundcrew, security....etc.....Eddie is not gauging us.....a tour costs money to put on. plus the venues only hold about 3k a show instead of the usual 15-20 k the band plays in.
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    $75 won't even get me a full tank of gas...

If I can go watch Eddie play for a couple hours in a small room, I'll call it a bargain.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Who does ed think he is?........f@cking eddie f*cking vedder

pearl jam plays to 20k a night and ev plays to less than 3k, so it's kind of a bargain to be able to have such an intimate experience with one of, if not the best, song writer of our generation

don't like the price, don't pay it......just like if cocoa puffs go up to $5 a box:)

cocoa puffs are going up to $5 a box?!?!!?

who the fuck does Sonny the cuckoo bird think he is??
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    honestly, I'm sick of this shit. After all the band has been through with its fans and everything, do you honestly believe that all they care about is money now? do you not think that they try to keep tickets as low a price as possible?

why don't you answer me this: who do you think you are talking shit about someone else when you clearly have no clue about how the pricing works with the venues?
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    it covers the expense of the elaborate stage set up, the ballerinas with the ribbon dancing...the pyrotechnics that go off when he does guaranteed (and when the midgets come out....fucking ROCK).

oh wait, i'm thinking of something else.

but yeah anyway :) you're paying to see him in a smaller venue, it's worth it just for that.
  • Options
    mookiebabymookiebaby Posts: 30
    In the words of Artie Lange

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Options
    That's perfectly reasonable considering the venue size.

"Reasonable" for Paul McCartney or Bruce Springsteen. It's not about the music anymore with this guy. He's saving up for a lavish retirement. Eddie Vedder has become the person he used to talk shit about. Oh play me a ukulele song please eddie! I'll keep forking over money. Throw in a Nader rant and I'll come back for more!
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    share wrote:
    cocoa puffs are going up to $5 a box?!?!!?

who the fuck does Sonny the cuckoo bird think he is??
    awesome.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

Cram it.
    Last year Uncle Neil did the same type of shows in small venues, and his tickets were up to $300 face.
    I doubt you'll hear too many people complain about not getting their money's worth.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Yes what a greedy rich dickbag he is.

He should only charge what....$15.00 just like back in 1991.

Despite the fact that No one is buying albums anymore, gas prices have skyrocketed, cost of renting concert halls has increased, and touring in general for a 40 year old man with a family has become difficult.

Eddie and his crew should just "suck it up" leave their families for the summer and embark on a tour that makes absoloutley no money.

That would be fair thing to do for us real fans.
  • Options
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

I feel bad for you. Must be tough going through life with such little grasp on reality.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    he needs to pay fans to retrieve his gf's iphone
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

That mother fucker! You hold his arms behind his back and I'll start working his abs. Ed, you got a beat down a comin'!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    another one of these threads?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    doesn't Ed donate a shit load of this money to schools for retards or something.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    do us all a favor and fuck off.....some of you people are entitled it just makes me sick.....and to ed and the band...next tour charge $300 a ticket...it's time to thin the heard of some very ungrateful fans
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    mikeg19_82 wrote:
    "Reasonable" for Paul McCartney or Bruce Springsteen. It's not about the music anymore with this guy. He's saving up for a lavish retirement. Eddie Vedder has become the person he used to talk shit about. Oh play me a ukulele song please eddie! I'll keep forking over money. Throw in a Nader rant and I'll come back for more!
    Wouldn't give you a dime for a solo Mccartney show and I saw Bruce during the Tom Joad tour and let me tell you, solo he's fuckin' boring. Eddie for $75 is well worth it.
    BTW, the promoter might have something to say about the price, don't ya think?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Lots of Vedder charmed people around here, and such expert accountants when it comes to putting on concerts! Tell me, how much would it cost per ticket just to break even? And put the kool-aid down.
  • Options
    The size of the venue + smaller budget + smaller tour bus + gas + he has to make a profit some how
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    In 1975, I saw the Doobie Brothers at a hockey arena for $5. I bet their solo guys would charge $70 too now.

Inflation!

I remember when cigarettes were 50 cents.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    The nerve.

How dare he raise $3,000,000.00 for charity at a single show...