Options

Petition to tenclub about ninersfan poster pirates

eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
edited June 2008 in The Porch
A few of us have put our heads together and have decided to write a letter to tenclub and pearl jam about ninersfan particularly asking for an end to be put to ninersfan and this scumbag carry on of poster piracy.

It's wrong what they do, there is no justifying what they do, it's completely obscenely unfair that there's posts here advertising the selling posters on ebay at a HUGELY inflated price -or not- for a show that hasn't even happened yet, albeit an hour away from kicking off, it's still fucking WRONG that this is allowed and takes place.

anyone interested in adding their voice and their signature can email us at eldarion75@gmail.com or leave your addy here.

PLEASE, somebody out there is buying from them, DONT!! they are pure scum. They are making money off YOU and your favourite band and it's wrong. end of story.

please keep bumping this thread..we want to really put an end to these guys and their scummy practices...

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    eldarion75 wrote:
    A few of us have put our heads together and have decided to write a letter to tenclub and pearl jam about ninersfan particularly asking for an end to be put to ninersfan and this scumbag carry on of poster piracy.

It's wrong what they do, there is no justifying what they do, it's completely obscenely unfair that there's posts here advertising the selling posters on ebay at a HUGELY inflated price -or not- for a show that hasn't even happened yet, albeit an hour away from kicking off, it's still fucking WRONG that this is allowed and takes place.

anyone interested in adding their voice and their signature can email us at eldarion75@gmail.com or leave your addy here.

PLEASE, somebody out there is buying from them, DONT!! they are pure scum. They are making money off YOU and your favourite band and it's wrong. end of story.

please keep bumping this thread..we want to really put an end to these guys and their scummy practices...

thanks

Nice try but its been tried b4. You can't stop this shit from happening. It sucks but its the way it goes.
  • Options
    antholiniantholini Posts: 56
    the 10c has no control over posters bought at shows. theres is nothing they can do...

now if he bought them thru a poster sale from the 10c thats a different story. its not his fault you idiots bid up his auctions
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    antholini wrote:
    the 10c has no control over posters bought at shows. theres is nothing they can do...

now if he bought them thru a poster sale from the 10c thats a different story. its not his fault you idiots bid up his auctions

so you saw this thread and it prompted you to sign up for the board to lash out at the 'idiots' for your first post? Wow ninersfan I thought you would be at the Camden show buying up posters and XL Tshirts
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I think people have also determined it's probably not jsut one person, but several.

It stinks, but, as stated, what's bought at a show becomes property of that person and they can sell it if they like.

Now, if you want to talk price gauging on tickets ... I'm listening.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    antholini wrote:

now if I bought them thru a poster sale from the 10c thats a different story. its not my fault you idiots bid up my auctions

;)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    jimed14 wrote:
    I think people have also determined it's probably not jsut one person, but several.

It stinks, but, as stated, what's bought at a show becomes property of that person and they can sell it if they like.

I would bet its more then one person. I heard that a couple yrs ago. It's how they support their touring.

Get a freaking job losers!!!!
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    so you saw this thread and it prompted you to sign up for the board to lash out at the 'idiots' for your first post? Wow ninersfan I thought you would be at the Camden show buying up posters and XL Tshirts

Actually I signed up the otherday, this is the first time I got to post anything.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    antholini wrote:
    Actually I signed up the otherday, this is the first time I got to post anything.

just find it strange that your first post is defending someone that is well known around the MP for taking advantage of 10c sales. I would assume most newbies don't know who he is
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    antholini wrote:

i love your username... FRRRRRRRRUNKISSSSS.
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    just find it strange that your first post is defending someone that is well known around the MP for taking advantage of 10c sales. I would assume most newbies don't know who he is
    I've been here for years. Just used a different name
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Couldn't have been stated any better. It's a free market economy and for the mostpart it works (the alternative doesn't appeal to me much). Even though it affects alot of fans on this board (including myself), scalping tix and selling limited edition posters at inflated prices is part of that. One could also suggest that scalpers and bootleggers offer a valuable service. I'd love to say that I've never used one but since I use them for almost every concert that I attend in Toronto that would be a big fat, juicy lie......Maybe we should all just become fans of shitty live acts that never sell out their venues or make us feel euphoric as soon as the lights go down. Having said that....I'm a Leafs fan and they're a pretty shitty live act that still sells out every night so what the f**k do i know. People will continue to charge what the market will bear.
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    ninersfan is a group of people that team up to make money. If you want a poster, you have to get to the show when the doors open. If you get there fashionably late, you will miss out and have to pay ninersfan 5x as much. Such is life.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    They can delete his posts here ... but that's about all they can do.

Or, I guess, they could knee-cap Frank Gore.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    crjb1978 wrote:
    ninersfan is a group of people that team up to make money. If you want a poster, you have to get to the show when the doors open. If you get there fashionably late, you will miss out and have to pay ninersfan 5x as much. Such is life.
    I agree, but my question is how they get all the signed, rare shit?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    Lukin66 wrote:
    I agree, but my question is how they get all the signed, rare shit?
    The ames website sells the signed/numbered posters too. ninersfan knows this. they have been in business for a long time.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Far be it from me to defend this type of thing. I want as much as anyone for the collectors and people who go to the shows to have first dibs and all......HOWEVER...Lets ASSume for a moment that these are coming STRICTLY from Bigpop and Artillery.....What is he doing wrong? IF, and I again would have to ASSume that he/they are hooked up somehow....I dont get what is the big deal? They are BUYING a product, and putting it up on a public website for ANYONE to bid or NOT to bid...Who is holding a gun to ANYONE's head that purchases something from him? This is no different than anyone one of us going to a show, buying a poster and selling it the next day. He just has an in somehow and has figured out how to make some $$ off of his in....The way I look at it, the best way to stop him(and you wont) is to not bid on his stuff. The only way to make something like this go away is to NOT be a part of it. You also have to remember that WE(meaning pit members) are not the only collectors. There are MANY MANY people out there that have prob NEVER visited here that collect and will buy from him over and over simply off of reputation and ease. Sorry if this pisses some folks off, I am just basically saything that there is NOTHING 10C can do about it unless it was proven they came from a 10C sale, which I doubt they do given the timing. So rather than worry about something VERY tirvial, letrs head on over and check out the setlists to what has been a VERY AMAZING start to a mini tour.....BE SOUND!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12