Options

? for 10C Members & tickets

edited July 2008 in The Porch
I wanted to ask fellow members: It seems like everytime I try to buy tickets I get shut out on all the NY stuff. I am always ready for the time of sales but 1 minute into it I get an "out of stock" or I get bumped off.
Then I check no latter than a minute & brokers have a good chunk of tickets. I find that very annoying & it KILLS ME. Don't get me wrong , when there's a will there's a way & I always get tickets to see the world's best band, but why does this happen , can a fellow head help me out? I have been in the 10 club for about 6 years, is it a seniority thing?
Is it a NY thing?
Example: My girl tries to get tickets for ED VEDD's solo in NY & it was sold out 2 minutes before the time they said the tickets went on sale but stub hub already had tickets.
Same w/ both MSG shows.
It's just fustrating when I'm in a club for this reason & a continually I get skunked!
Guys & girls help me out.
Chef Rah
"I'll wait up in the dark for you to speak to me"
"We are on the brink of forever"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    The two minutes only references the time frame that you check other outlets for those tickets.

If you looked two minutes before trying for 10 Club seats, those same tickets would be there.

My point is, ALL of those tickets you see being scalped belong to brokers who.

a.) have or buy season ticket holders tickets
    b.) have inside trading for future tickets.

That is why many do not know the exact location.

It is difficult to impossible to scalp a "pair" of tickets from 10Club for Eddie's solo shows as you need to physically pick those tickets up INSIDE the venue.

Meaning the person who bought them MUST walk in.

So in summary you are only alerted to these tickets after you get shut out and just assume they must be from 10Club.

Now with all that said, I guess it is possible that some are from 10Club, but I highly doubt it. And to say it's a New York thing? Well only in that scalping is probably a much bigger market where the $$$$$ is.
  • Options
    im a little confused run that buy me again on far as how come im getting skunked when i try to but tickets , what am i doin wrong?
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Oh sorry. Thought your post was referring to tickets being sold by 10Club people.

You didn't get them because they sold out in 25 seconds.

That is 200 pairs of tickets being attacked by 6000 fans all in the first 30 seconds of them going on sale.

So you just missed out in the 'frenzy'.
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    Well in the case of the EV tickets, 10% of the total tickets went to the 10club. The theater holds about 3300 people, so about 330 tickets(165 pairs) went to 10c. At the designated time way more than 165 people try to buy tickets at the same time and if you aren't the first to hit the buy button you get shut out. It's all supply and demand. I missed out on both NYC nights myself for EV.
  • Options
    HAHAHA , that is what I figured , holy shit!!!
    So what is the trick? Is it luck?
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    The trick is to keep refreshing until the very second they go on sale...even then you have to have a fast finger and good hand/eye coordination :)
  • Options
    so it's MOUSE SKILLS lol
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Most people i know who really want tickets to a show at face-value will try every opportunity that is open to them. So that means fan club presales, radio station presales, mastercard presales, whatever might give them a little edge before the masses pour in. But it doesn't always work out. That's just the reality of the situation. Hot shows go fast. And thank goodness PJ/EV still draws a crowd. I'm sure the dudes in Creed are working at Dairy Queen these days.

PJ actually give you a better chance than most other fan clubs because they do not do their presales with Ticketmaster. Any ticket sales through Ticketmaster will wind up in scalper city. They will get anything put into that system. PJ does all the 10C tix 100% separately from TM so we are at least given a fighting chance.
    Sam
  • Options
    you guys are great!! Just like PJ, great band , great fans!!!
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    you guys are great!! Just like PJ, great band , great fans!!!

Your screen name is cool.
  • Options
    urs 2
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Don't give up. I had been shut out of every prior limited sale I tried before including 4 earlier solo tour shows prior to scoring on Chicago 2 today. Basically the odds aren't good but the more you try the more you have a shot at getting the lucky click eventually.
  • Options
    It's like girls , the more u try the more of a chance u got!!
    Chef Rah
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    as of this tour I am convinced it is definitely not luck. Starting with the vic last year, every show or poster i've tried for I've gotten. (9 08 show, 5 ev solo, dusseldorf poster) its just a matter of quick timing and consistency
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II