Options

Montreal 2?

emily18emily18 Posts: 489
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I wanted toronto tickets but bought montreal 2 tickets on complete impulse because they were so easy...only to realize afterwards that montreal 2 is the show that hasn't been confirmed yet.

now I feel terrible for doing that. what if montreal 2 doesn't get confirmed?
i can't try for toronto 2 tickets and sell them because if montreal 2 does get confirmed, there's no way I can a.) afford both or b.) afford to drive up to one of those places and sell my tickets.

did I definitely screw myself over?
someone convince me that it's going to get confirmed.
:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    We're in the same boat.

I had initially convinced myself to just go for Montreal night 2 tickets...and if it didn't happen, then oh well i got to see Ed twice already this year.

So i got the night 2 tickets quite easily....too easily...almost 2 hours later there were still tickets available...on impulse i panicked that i would miss out and got TO Night 1 tickets.

Oh well, just means more driving for me...
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    yup...still freaking out. just tried for toronto 2 just for the hell of it and it's just as impossible for me as toronto 1, so i'm hoping it's fate?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    There are some there right now.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    Based on past history and the size of these shows, I think there's an excellent chance that Montreal II will be confirmed.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    Nickrand wrote:
    Based on past history and the size of these shows, I think there's an excellent chance that Montreal II will be confirmed.

that's what i like to hear
    :)
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be confirmed. You can hit me if it's not :)
  • Options
    alexers wrote:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be confirmed. You can hit me if it's not :)

oh i'll remember that
    ;)
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    Hahah - I thought I was the only one that did that! I ended up with the Montreal 2 tickets in my cart and thought "oh #@%$, what do I do now?" - so I bought them, and then ended up with Toronto 2 tickets as well.

I'm just not sure if I should start making travel arrangements while the flights are cheap, or if I should wait for it to be confirmed! PJ can sell out the Bell Centre, so I don't see why Eddie wouldn't be able to sell out a much smaller theatre. It still makes me nervous though.
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    does anyone know why confirmation is delayed? is it a question of how fast ticketmaster sells out night 1 or is there a scheduling conflict at the venue?

or does anyone know if boston 1 was confirmed before or after ticketmaster tix went on sale for boston 2?

i just wanna know if i need a 2nd night at a hotel. i'm afraid to book 2 nights and cancel 1 because no matter how much fine print i read, i will find a way to get charged for both.
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    does anyone know why confirmation is delayed? is it a question of how fast ticketmaster sells out night 1 or is there a scheduling conflict at the venue?

or does anyone know if boston 1 was confirmed before or after ticketmaster tix went on sale for boston 2?

i just wanna know if i need a 2nd night at a hotel. i'm afraid to book 2 nights and cancel 1 because no matter how much fine print i read, i will find a way to get charged for both.

I talked to 10c and she said that if the 1st night sells out after ticketmaster, they'll most likely confirm the 2nd show.
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    emily18 wrote:
    I talked to 10c and she said that if the 1st night sells out after ticketmaster, they'll most likely confirm the 2nd show.
    thanks! it will. how could it not? i'm booking 2 nights.
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    thanks! it will. how could it not? i'm booking 2 nights.

that's what i was thinking too!
    they better confirm it anyway..cause those are the only tickets i scored.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I went 0-3 before striking a gold on Montreal2, so they BETTER confirm it!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    It will sell out! We're going to Montreal 2! My flight will be booked soon, so it better be. :)
    "uncanny and immutable"