Options

DMB Selling Posters Online Day of Show

mulder11mulder11 Macomb, MI Posts: 75
edited May 2008 in The Porch
From the fanclub website - interesting...

Limited edition show posters are now available exclusively in the Warehouse store!

Can't make it to the show? Don't worry. You can still get the poster. Each show day at 5:30pm we will release a limited number of that night's show poster. We have unique designs for each show and some pretty cool series that will be revealed throughout the summer.

Would be cool if the Ten Club explored additional options.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I hope Pearl Jam never copies DMB in anything including poster sales
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    i think it would be cool- nice find
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    i hope 10c dont sell dmb posters either!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    mulder11mulder11 Macomb, MI Posts: 75
    I would assume it's great for those who can't make it to the show and still want a poster. As of this morning, posters are still available so perhaps you could pick one up when you get home.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If I am reading that right, at 5:30 pm the day OF the show, they will sellthe posters? if so, that is a terrible system. You not only have to not be anywhere at a couple of hours before the show (like a bar, restaurant or anywhere else you might want to be enjoying yourself) BUT you have to be somewhere with internet access?
    From what I pulled out of it, they will sell show posters still at the show, but then also a limited # will be sold online at 5:30 for the people that can't make it to the show. It's pretty much the same concept in which PJ does it, only they sell the leftovers much later after the show is over.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Makes sense.

But that doesn't solve the biggest problem with the posters IMO. Posters should be made more accessible to the people actually attending the show. What I would like is to see PJ do something to make me, for the shows I actually attend, be able to get a poster with ease and get it through a show without damaging it or having to coddle it for the whole show because i am worried about damaging it.
    I couldn't agree more. I've never had a problem getting a poster at a show- even my last PJ show- the VFC tour, we didn't arrive until right before PJ took the stage and there was still plenty of posters. Maybe people in the South don't buy posters? No clue.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    thunderDAN wrote:

You mean you wouldn't want them to tour every year like DMB does hehehe?

edit: I like the idea of being able to pre-order on line. But maybe that takes out the element of surprise? But it would be nice not to have to carry it around if you get one.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I wish Pearl Jam would make posters available online for each show. I love the posters. They're great mementos of the shows but to be honest with you...I don't want to be bothered the day of the show. Going in early, fighting the crowd, carrying around a tube to protect it, and then worrying about it the entire time. I own 7, (2 are framed), but all have been purchased off Ebay which means higher prices for me.
  • Options
    How's this?...when we buy our Ten Club tickets...there's an an option to purchase a poster that would be delivered sometime after the show.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    That's pretty cool.

I wouldn't worry about people selling posters who don't go to the show. DMB posters are not as popular as Pearl Jam posters. I've seen many DMB posters on Ebay go for next to nothing.

For DMB fans buying online isn't as big of a deal anyways, because they supply poster tubes at the shows, unlike PJ.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I don't see why people who aren't going to show should have any advantage over people going to the show who want posters but can't go on the computer at 5:30 before a show and have to get them the hard way.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Must be earlier since they have tonight's poster already available & it's 3:52PM on the east coast......not a bad idea at all. It sucks though if you're at the show & you actually want one, but don;t want to carry it all night.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    thunderDAN wrote:

don't be an elitist, it is a great idea.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    > DMB Selling Posters Online Day of Show
    ....and dumping shit on peoples heads
  • Options
    don't be an elitist, it is a great idea.

But it's cool to have Dave, didn't you know?
  • Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    I wish that when you picked up your tickets at the window that they also had a representative selling posters to 10C people. That way I wouldn't have to hold the farking thing all show while people spill beer on it. Plus I wouldn't have to go into the show right as the doors open and miss out on valuable parking lot time.
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    PJ2k3 wrote:
    I wish that when you picked up your tickets at the window that they also had a representative selling posters to 10C people. That way I wouldn't have to hold the farking thing all show while people spill beer on it. Plus I wouldn't have to go into the show right as the doors open and miss out on valuable parking lot time.

If you're with your partner (friend or whatever) and only need one poster you can always have one person run inside and pass out the poster on the other side of the ticket line. Of course that only works if you park close by or near your hotel.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    How's this?...when we buy our Ten Club tickets...there's an an option to purchase a poster that would be delivered sometime after the show.

oooooh la la. good one
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    thunderDAN wrote:

Yeah, that would suck if PJ copied DMB and played 3 nights at the Gorge every summer. :rolleyes:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I wonder if it will be as well run as the pre sale ticket thing!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    I think it's a start in the right direction. I'd like to go to a show for once and not have to be at the venue AS SOON as the doors open to make sure i get a poster.