Options

How will pearl jam sell their new album?

xxxxxxxxxx Posts: 14
edited May 2008 in The Porch
What do you guess, the goods section? free download a la NIN'S? Or pull a EAGLES and sell it at WAL-MART?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Goods section first, then iTunes and all stores
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    With a market stall run by stone and jeff in Switerzland in august...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    xxxxxxxxxx Posts: 14
    or maybe out the back of the biodeisel bus!!!!!
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I don't see Pearl Jam doing a radiohead or NIN or anything in terms of free download even though that would be really cool.

It'll probably be for sale the same way Avocado was.
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    mole1985 wrote:
    With a market stall run by stone and jeff in Switerzland in august...

Yeah! and I'll help out with some shifts too.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I just hope they will not release it ONLY as a download. I love having a real CD with a booklet, etc. Especially PJ ones.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Julien wrote:
    I just hope they will not release it ONLY as a download. I love having a real CD with a booklet, etc. Especially PJ ones.

What he said! And my children are still too young to explain this whole download stuff to me anyway.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Julien wrote:
    I second that!
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    Julien wrote:

this machine likes to pad its' sales total by releasing multiple versions so their will be a download version, a pre-sale ten club version , a retail version , an import version with bonus track , then they will hit us with the vinyl version later ......
    so the average chump like me ends up buying 4 copies of a crappy album like pearl jam....but... their numbers look good!!!!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    this machine likes to pad its' sales total by releasing multiple versions so their will be a download version, a pre-sale ten club version , a retail version , an import version with bonus track , then they will hit us with the vinyl version later ......
    so the average chump like me ends up buying 4 copies of a crappy album like pearl jam....but... their numbers look good!!!!
    haha...the machine.
    :p
    They are lucky to get me to buy one. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Cheaply.

One hopes, anyway.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    via all means necessary so to make the best profit possible.

nothings 'free' these days.... especially fame... as that woman from the Fame movie once said

"fame costs... and right here is where you start payin' "

nobody can argue with the woman from Fame
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I think it'll be a traditional release. That's not to say they won't make something available on the website the street date, like a single obviously or some other songs.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I'll be pretty sad if they only make it released online. Did you guys ever smell the booklet for avocado when it was brand spankin new? It smelled absolutely incredible, like and oil painting or something.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    nocodelover22nocodelover22 Posts: 108
    Did you guys ever smell the booklet for avocado when it was brand spankin new? It smelled absolutely incredible, like and oil painting or something.

No, I most certainly did not smell the Avocado booklet.

But now I wish I had.
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I'll be disgusted by an online release,the reason I love them so much is the effort that goes into the artwork and the album concept as a whole.... and the smells.Yield smelled great....and yes,I smelled the Avacado booklet,one of the few good things about that album:D
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like what NIN did. With Ghosts you could dowload the first 9 tracks for free, or purchase the rest for $5, or pre-order CDs for $10 with immediate access to the download, or a deluxe version for $75 that came with a cool book, plus multi-track files so people can remix if desired, or a $300 version that I forget what all had in it because I didn't get that. With The Slip, Trent released it for free, and put it up like 12 hours after it was finished being mixed.

I'd like to see PJ have an online download, followed up by CDs that you can order. Artwork is cool yeah, but I mainly listen to the music; once I've looked at the booklet a few times, it stays in the case. Also, having it up online first might circumvents leaks, if its made available right away. Then the artist has more control over when people hear it, and what quality copy they are hearing. This is probably easier when you're doing it yourself, as opposed to working with a label I'm sure.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008