Options

Vinyl

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited May 2008 in The Porch
My Morning Jacket is releasing all of their old albums on June 10 on vinyl, simotaneously with the release of their new album Evil Urges. What's the chance PJ will re-release all of their records on vinyl. Fingers Crossed!!!! :?
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    none
    they are no longer with epic/sony.. who holds the rights to that shit i think..pj would have to sign off on that

they aren't even with j ...are they ??

who wants a re-issue or second pressing anyways???
    get the real shit
  • Options
    none
    they are no longer with epic/sony.. who holds the rights to that shit i think..pj would have to sign off on that

get the real shit

re-mastered maybe but that would be expensive and they would have to ....
    they aren't with epic/sony anymore so 0%

i miss epic/sony
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    none

get the real shit
    Yes, I read somewhere with the talk of them recording their 9th studio album that they are still with J Records/Sony.

And who gives a shit about a "second pressing" record anyways? It all sounds the same when played. Unless you are only in it for the monetary investment, I guess.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    taking the chance at sounding like a music snob, i will say that second pressings suck. IMO
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    taking the chance at sounding like a music snob, i will say that second pressings suck. IMO

word

not just a value thing
  • Options

Why do second pressings suck, they are cheaper and they sound the same.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    Why do second pressings suck, they are cheaper and they sound the same.
    Yeah, the 2nd pressings are pressed from the exact same original master that the 1st pressings were pressed from.

And sometimes, the 2nd pressings will be on higher quality (thicker) vinyl too.

I am with you; I don't understand what people who claim they are just in it for the quality of the music, have against 2nd pressing LP's.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Metallica is re-relasing everythhing too must be a new trend...and I like it. they remastered everything onto 180 gram in 45rpm for better sound too, so all the albums are double discs! Lightning and Kill'em are already sold out in the audiophile versions...PUPPETS coming soon
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Metallica is re-relasing everythhing too must be a new trend...and I like it. they remastered everything onto 180 gram in 45rpm for better sound too, so all the albums are double discs! Lightning and Kill'em are already sold out in the audiophile versions...PUPPETS coming soon

they are with the same label as always

not the case here
    pearl jam got dumped and are now with the "buyowner" of the record industry , j records
  • Options
    Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    Whats the audiophile version? They have a shitload of these at the record stores I got to and they seem to have two version the cheap version and the nicer version. What is audiophile??
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    they are with the same label as always

not the case here
    pearl jam got dumped and are now with the "buyowner" of the record industry , j records
    You've got your history wrong. Epic had always tried to get PJ to resign after their debut album, but PJ always declined. Stating as far back as Ten that they would only finish out their initial contract with Epic, which was for 7 studio albums and a greatest hits album.

Pearl Jam left Epic, not the other way around. But hell, they stayed with the parent company Sony, as J Records is still a Sony music company, just like Epic.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You've got your history wrong. Epic had always tried to get PJ to resign after their debut album, but PJ always declined. Stating as far back as Ten that they would only finish out their initial contract with Epic, which was for 7 studio albums and a greatest hits album.

Pearl Jam left Epic, not the other way around. But hell, they stayed with the parent company Sony, as J Records is still a Sony music company, just like Epic.

not so much
  • Options
    Whats the audiophile version? They have a shitload of these at the record stores I got to and they seem to have two version the cheap version and the nicer version. What is audiophile??

a dude who likes little boys
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    a version us sound snobs thinks sounds better, pay more for it, but never really hear any noticeable difference.

Audiophiles are people who like the best sound quality possible- usally addicted to high end big $$$ audio equipment.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I vote for them to re-release RVM on vinyl............PLEASE re-release RVM on vinyl!!! It's the only one I'm missing :(
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Looks like they are only re-releasing the first two albums, At Dawn and The Tennessee Fire, but not re-releasing It Still Moves. Glad I didn't pay too much for the first two, and that I got It Still Moves on ebay recently.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Looks like they are only re-releasing the first two albums, At Dawn and The Tennessee Fire, but not re-releasing It Still Moves. Glad I didn't pay too much for the first two, and that I got It Still Moves on ebay recently.

Wrong I pre-ordered It Still Moves off Amazon.com and also saw Z, but I already have Z.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Oxxys wrote:
    Wrong I pre-ordered It Still Moves off Amazon.com and also saw Z, but I already have Z.

OK, I didn't see ISM when I posted that but can see it on there now. Now I wish I hadn't bought that since this one is much less than I paid for the 1st pressing. I also have Z already, but it's not hard to find, and I have the Okonokos LP box set.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Next to none for PJ release...

I didn't know about MMJ though!!! :eek:

*investigates Amazon*
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.