Options

Ed for Veep?

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Facts:

Tour ends tonight. VP announcement tomorrow.
Ed ends the tour in Chicago. Obama is currently at his home in Chicago.
Ed loves Obama. Obama loves white people music.

Conclusion:

The two will make the announcement tomorrow. Ed for Veep.
I will be voting for McCain since I don't want Ed near the oval office. He needs to get into the studio!
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That's GREAT!!!!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    over_bends wrote:
    Facts:

Conclusion:

I will be voting for McCain since I don't want Ed near the oval office. He needs to get into the studio!
    On the other hand, having an album recorded in the oval office would be pretty cool :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    benjs wrote:
    On the other hand, having an album recorded in the oval office would be pretty cool :D

Yeah...or maybe they could turn GW's gun room into a studio.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    benjs wrote:

Haha... I'm just picturing him telling Obama to get out of the Oval Office so him and his friends could cut an album. And then Boom walks in. Scary.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Well... the only thing is Obama said that whoever he picked doesn't have much of an ego.
    With all due respect, I don't think that's Ed.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Facts:

Conclusion:

HAHA! I just read a feed about how there was a 'secret chartered flight' to Delaware from IL...then I read one about how Obama/Bayh bumper stickers are already being printed...I like that you are adding to the mystique :)

I would vote for an Obama/Vedder ticket! Hell, I'll vote for an Obama/my mom ticket!

/She would make an awesome VP
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    HAHA! I just read a feed about how there was a 'secret chartered flight' to Delaware from IL...then I read one about how Obama/Bayh bumper stickers are already being printed...I like that you are adding to the mystique :)

I would vote for an Obama/Vedder ticket! Hell, I'll vote for an Obama/my mom ticket!

/She would make an awesome VP

I would vote for your mom

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Yeah, I would drop a ballot in the box for your mom...er, maybe your mom's ballot box....

Ok, my bad, maybe a went a little too far with that one....
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    Does she bake cookies? Cause if she bakes cookies I am totally in.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    Poll: which is harder to wait for...

mystery poster

or

VP text from Obama

?

It's a tossup around here right now but I'm hoping both mysteries will be solved by tomorrow. I did get some cool mail from someone I met at the EV shows in NY...if you're on here, thanks!

Melissa
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Yeah no shit, this Obama VP thing is outta control!

Actually CNN is reporting that they have confirmation that Biden is the guy.

Not sure how theyve come up with that...hopefully B-rack still has some surprises up his sleeve...but hen again the fact that nothing had been leaked up to this point was too tood to be true.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    benjs wrote:

It would the the second-coolest thing to happen in the Oval Office. Close but no cigar.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Its Biden
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Its Biden
    I think the OP presents a more interesting case than CNN's "sources"
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It's kind of freaky to think the next president of the U.S.A. lives a few miles, maybe even a few blocks from me..
  • Options
    It's kind of freaky to think the next president of the U.S.A. lives a few miles, maybe even a few blocks from me..
    McCain has several houses, but I don't think one of them is in chicago...

i'm just kidding, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    melva02 wrote:
    Poll: which is harder to wait for...mystery poster or VP text from Obama?

So, I got the 06 France/Switzerland poster (GWB as Alfred E. Neuman), with "what, me worry?" in German which I guess is cooler even though I can read French but not German. This wasn't on the original list but I was mostly hoping for either DC 06 which I attended, or one where I liked the art, so I know there were a lot of other choices I wouldn't have loved anyway. Luckily I had $37.50 to spare so I didn't have to give up buying CDs or food or beer to get it.

Now for the real disappointment...I read online that Biden was the VP before I got my text message! Obama stood me up! He had me waiting by the phone for three days, and all my friends kept asking if he'd texted yet, and I had to find out from somebody else. I guess he's just not that into me. I will still vote for him, but damn, I am hurt that the campaign played with his supporters like that.

I will console myself by taking a walk with the little guy I can always count on, my dog Bear. http://picasaweb.google.com/bollbach/DogsGreatestHits/photo#5172649944492068242

Melissa
  • Options
    melva02 wrote:
    I will console myself by taking a walk with the little guy I can always count on, my dog Bear. http://picasaweb.google.com/bollbach/DogsGreatestHits/photo#5172649944492068242

Melissa
    you have a dog named 'Bear'?

that's amazing.
  • Options
    _outlaw wrote:
    you have a dog named 'Bear'?

that's amazing.

He came that way from the Richmond SPCA. :-) He likes biting the ripples in the river and it looks like he's fishing for salmon.

I always tell him I'd rather have a dog named Bear than a bear named Dog.

Melissa