Options

***A Few More Posters UP on the Walls!!!!!***

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I did not. Hobby Lobby did. They do a great job. they're doing my NEOCON collection now...i'll post pics when I get it back.

Looking forward to it! Are you doing them individually, or all in one big frame? I have seen it both ways and like them both!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Not the greatest pics, but you get the idea. Just decided to start with a lower part of the wall and see where it got me...:)

**EDIT** 4 new pics in post 21. Thats it for the weekend...THANKS!!

Wow!! What a collection! I was never a big poster collector, got a few but your photos made me wish i'd given in to the addiction :)

I do want to get the NJPAC EV one framed and I'm afraid to take it somewhere for fear they'll mess it up! :D
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Wow!! What a collection! I was never a big poster collector, got a few but your photos made me wish i'd given in to the addiction :)

I do want to get the NJPAC EV one framed and I'm afraid to take it somewhere for fear they'll mess it up! :D

THANKS! Most places you go will take very good care of whatever you take in. As for getting the addiction....It can hit you at any time! ;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    Looking forward to it! Are you doing them individually, or all in one big frame? I have seen it both ways and like them both!

All in one.....I feel its gonna be heavy.
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    All in one.....I feel its gonna be heavy.

Apprx 22"X56" is what you are looking at. I would imagine so :)

• Options
    Apprx 22"X56" is what you are looking at. I would imagine so :)
    i got it matted so its gonna be slightly bigger!
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    i got it matted so its gonna be slightly bigger!

How much is this going to set you back if you dont mind my asking?

• Options
    217 bucks
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    217 bucks
    WOW!! That is really not that bad considering the size. I was expecting at least 4 bills. Nice work! ;)

• Options
    i strive to have a collection 1/1000th the glory of yours.
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    i strive to have a collection 1/1000th the glory of yours.

THANKS! I really appreciate that :)

• Options
    b

u

m

p

New photos in post #58

For the working crowd. Have a great week! :)

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    loving the Gorge trio together Scott, good work....back to work buddy,

hammer and nails, and keep banging them up
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The problem with many of the Canada 05 posters is that a lot of them don't look very good ... but it would be cool to put the ones you frame all together. London, Kitchener, Ottawa, Calgary & Saskatoon are all nice posters!

Just got the saskatoon, the Edmonton one is awesome, what do you mean.
    ....well at least Jeff "kinda" kinda liked it. I think its cool too
    :D
    King....you rock man
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Just got the saskatoon, the Edmonton one is awesome, what do you mean.
    ....well at least Jeff "kinda" kinda liked it. I think its cool too
    :D
    King....you rock man

THANKS! So what do you think about grouping ALL the Canadian ones together? Too much?

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    THANKS! So what do you think about grouping ALL the Canadian ones together? Too much?

personally, i wouldn't. all your other posters are not arranged in such a way so it seems odd to do it only for the canadian tour imo. with SO many poster, i would not try to have a 'system' and just go with your gut, what is aesthetically pleasing. if i may make one suggestion: do try to keep your frames aligned. looking at the pics it seems you are 'trying' to keep the top of frames aligned, but honestly, they aren't. :o things are better if they ARE lined up perfectly - worth the extra effort to make it so - OR when they look purposely misaligned. one last critique: the pics in the corner around the windows....i would've either lined them u[p perfectly with the window frame or made them clearly above or below that line. as it is right now, looks like you wanted em to line up but just didn't. for me, it would drive me nuts. so keep in mind architectural details and alignment. also, i think you could hang posters higher on the wall. one big positive, especially given how MANy posters you have, really GOOD job on the spacing between posters. no insult to others, but i have looked at many people's pics/displays, and sooo many place the art far too apart. it makes a more cohesive, and interesting display, having them closer together.

btw - my poster ledges are now completely full after this tour. :p my ed solo show will have to be solo, on shelving in the room. i need more space and more ledges! :D the basement needs to get finished someday...hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    btw - my poster ledges are now completely full after this tour. :p my ed solo show will have to be solo, on shelving in the room. i need more space and more ledges! :D the basement needs to get finished someday...hahaha.
    pics?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    pics?

i did post the pics on the framed poster thread but who knows what page....:o hahaha. i don't have any recent pics with the new posters from this tour; DC, MSG I & II, hartford and mansfield I. they are there, thus the ledges are full now, perhaps i'll snap a few pics soon. however, here they are before this tour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjpostersclose2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjpostersclose1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposterssideview.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposters2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposters1.jpg

so yes, after the addition of 5 new posters, all full...already. :o thus why my 'plan' was always to do such a display in our basement when we finally finish it but since that is probably far off in the future, did it in our guestroom - the only room with so much excess wall space. ed batman will go on the opposite wall, just leaning tho, not hung either. i had also thought i'd arrange the posters chronologically initially but given the wall and how i had to do the ledges, wasn't possible in any case....but i enjoy it more random as it is. besides, can all mix it up whenever i want, the real beauty of not hanging em.

pjtradeking....good luck with it all! what an enormous task!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    so yes, after the addition of 5 new posters, all full...already. :o thus why my 'plan' was always to do such a display in our basement when we finally finish it but since that is probably far off in the future, did it in our guestroom - the only room with so much excess wall space. ed batman will go on the opposite wall, just leaning tho, not hung either. i had also thought i'd arrange the posters chronologically initially but given the wall and how i had to do the ledges, wasn't possible in any case....but i enjoy it more random as it is. besides, can all mix it up whenever i want, the real beauty of not hanging em.
    wow! those look great! im gonna have to steal your ledge idea... thats a great way to mix it up whenever you want... all your posters are about the same size though so i wonder how it would look with a more diverse sized collection... nice neutral color for the wall too... looks great

how much space do you have between each ledge and how did you figure that? can you get those shelves preassembled at a home depot or something? i wont have my own place for awhile so i guess theres no point in planning this all right now...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    wow! those look great! im gonna have to steal your ledge idea... thats a great way to mix it up whenever you want... all your posters are about the same size though so i wonder how it would look with a more diverse sized collection... nice neutral color for the wall too... looks great

how much space do you have between each ledge and how did you figure that? can you get those shelves preassembled at a home depot or something? i wont have my own place for awhile so i guess theres no point in planning this all right now...

hahaha.
    well, i'll answer your Qs here but if any further, perhaps PM b/c don't want to take away from king's poster thread. :)

that said, yes, MOST of the posters are similar size, but they DO vary considerably...the smallest being 19X19 (italy 2006) and the biggest, being a few of em, probably 20X26...and other varying widths.

the measurements are based as such:
    went with the overall height of the wall and made a paper template.
    measure the largest poster and divide by three for spacing
    then realize the outlets will be in the way :o and remeasure, thus why the bottom 2 ledges have the same spacing top to bottom but the uppermost ledge is a wee bit shorter ledge to ceiling. also why i couldn't do the posters chronologically b/c the earliest posters would not fit up on the uppermost ledge.

i bought my ledges from pottery barn. i bought 9 4ft ledges, so basically my display is 12 wide and 8.5 ft tall. they were pricey but i love them and totally worth it to me. i ALWAYS had this idea in mind when i first started assembing my show poster collection. you certainly CAN make your own easily enough if you are handy from materials at home depot. my husband is very handy, i am good at designing, but he had zero interest in doing so, thus went the pre-made route.

and....having one cohesive display, easily changeable...is why i wanted the ledges, and also why i framed my posters identically. imo, when displayed together it would be far too visually jarring to have a big mix of frames/matts/styles, besides take up waaayyyy too much space. some day when i DO finally have even more space - that finished basement! - i'll probably have more ledges to spread em out and add to the collection. for now, if/when i get more posters due to attendibg more shows :D...i'll have to rotate out posters for a time. c'est la vie.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    i did post the pics on the framed poster thread but who knows what page....:o hahaha. i don't have any recent pics with the new posters from this tour; DC, MSG I & II, hartford and mansfield I. they are there, thus the ledges are full now, perhaps i'll snap a few pics soon. however, here they are before this tour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjpostersclose2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjpostersclose1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposterssideview.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposters2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/dreamncolor/pj%20posters/pjposters1.jpg

pjtradeking....good luck with it all! what an enormous task!
    man that looks awesome
    :)
    IMO I would put your Canadian posters together. When I git em in my hands, thats what I plan, theyre all pretty nice too.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    decides2dream:

It really looks amazing!!!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    personally, i wouldn't. all your other posters are not arranged in such a way so it seems odd to do it only for the canadian tour imo. with SO many poster, i would not try to have a 'system' and just go with your gut, what is aesthetically pleasing. if i may make one suggestion: do try to keep your frames aligned. looking at the pics it seems you are 'trying' to keep the top of frames aligned, but honestly, they aren't. :o things are better if they ARE lined up perfectly - worth the extra effort to make it so - OR when they look purposely misaligned. one last critique: the pics in the corner around the windows....i would've either lined them u[p perfectly with the window frame or made them clearly above or below that line. as it is right now, looks like you wanted em to line up but just didn't. for me, it would drive me nuts. so keep in mind architectural details and alignment. also, i think you could hang posters higher on the wall. one big positive, especially given how MANy posters you have, really GOOD job on the spacing between posters. no insult to others, but i have looked at many people's pics/displays, and sooo many place the art far too apart. it makes a more cohesive, and interesting display, having them closer together.

1st off, PLEASE FEEL free to answer ANY questions anyone may have here, there or anywhere. Not taking ANYTHING away from me. It is only about sharing my collection, never was about ME...

As for your other comments. I COMPLETELY agree with what you are saying. I am REALLY TRYING to do my best with keeping them aligned. I have been measuring and marking the wall and using a level and the whole 9 and I am still off line. It is just SO HARD to do this alone, really. My wife wants NOTHING to do with even though I have asked for help, and I cant get ANYONE here where I live to step up. I have had offers from a couple of great people here to make the trip and help, I just cannot afford to fly them in right now, and I cannot wait any longer to do this. It took me 3+ years to get some up, and I need to do it to keep momentum. :D I reaaly is tough without a helper.

As for hanging higher. I AM going to do that. My thought was that I would do one row at or about eye level and them move up from there. Or do you think it would be better to do collumns from top to bottom and left to right? I am open to any suggestions for sure. I am not that shallow that I think it is my way or no way. I will have to work around what I have now, as there is no way I can start over now. I will try hard to keep them more in line in the future. Doesnt bother me as much as it would you. I REALLY wish I could have gone the ledge way you did. I actually checked into doing it after you and I talked before, and it just was NOT monetarily possible to do. I have a TON of wall space. I am already into the framing alone OVER $6000 with what I had done previously, so now I HAVE to try and do it on the cheaper! ;)

Seriously, THANK YOU for all your input, I DO APPRECIATE IT!! I am going to still with the random thing as you say. I will realign the Canadian ones in the corner as you had suggested and them go from there. Just need to decide which direction. Where would you go next? Thanks again!! Scott

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    hate to quote a Jimmy buffett song but "if we weren't all crazy we WOULD GO INSANE"....

I so "get" the beauty of these posters..even if no one in my immediate world does..

keep 'em coming..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    well ok then. :)

i understand it's very difficult to do on your own, but it IS doable. all your frames are the same, yes? so the thickness of the frame does not vary, just the size of the art. definitely makes it 'easier.'

here's how to guarantee your work stays level:
    go and measure up your walls say every 2-3 ft and make a small mark in PENCIL, lightly. take a looong level and connect, making sure all ARE level. TAKE YOUR TIME during this process, it is time well spent. then, decide the order of your posters, and lay them out roughly along the wall where you want them to be. starting with the first print, on the back, measure the INSIDE dimesion of the frame. start where you want your first poster and make two marks on your level line where to put the first holes. forget using picture wire and such, not worth it. use 2 nails, or screws into anchors - whatever your preference, and hammer or screw into the wall. hang the first poster. then, accounting for your decided upon spacing, say it's 2-3", then measure out your next poster, hammer the nails into the level line, hang, continue with next poster, etc. this should all but guarantee your frames are hung perfectly in alignment. :) me, i am insane with such things, i would probably start all over. :o haha.

it is best to have each line of posters planned out for the wall. don't have to have the entire wall planned, but each row. like the row over the TV, i'd have started in the middle over the tv, get those first 2 posters a LOT closer, and yea, take attnetion away from that outlet! personally, i'd paint the outlet to match the wall, right now it is the focal point of the wall, rather than your posters. as to hanging higher, i actually just meant that the posters you hung at 'eye level' actually seem rather low for eye level, i would think to place them higher, and then sure...you could then go above and/or below at will. while i don't think it necessary to have an overall plan all at once, i do think you should plan out at least row by row across the wall. move/group the posters around along the floor of the wall until you find something aesthetically pleasing. again, if you are handy, you could fairly cheaply make your own ledges if you like rather than hanging each individually...but if too much investment and/or work, you still can get everything level. i think it IS very wise that you are working to keep at least one edge of each print level with all the others b/c with such a large collection and posters of various sizes, it is good to have that one constant...thus why i also stress how important keeping that alignment is, and will be, once you have all the work on the wall. it really IS worth the time investment now b/c when you are done the whole 'bigger picture' will be just that much more pleasing rather than anything being displeasing or distracting from your collection. i LOVE doing this sort of thing, hope i was at least some small help. :p hope i didn't make you even more nuts...hahaha. it IS a daunting and huge task, thus why it's best to break it down into smaller tasks. again, the time invested in drawing accurate level lines to work with in the end will save a LOT of time hanging, and look sooo much better. after you have a row complete, you can then draw another higher and/or lower on the wall and begin again, etc. not sure all your posters, space or ideas/plans...but it should help.

beyond all my pj posters i have a LOT of my own artwork, photography, hung in my home...and i've hung it all, solo, on my own, using a similar method to what i described above. personally, i far perfer having one nail or screw n each upperhand corner of the frame. i find it far more supportive, and yes, never have to worry about your art going crooked either.

again, good luck!
    definitely posts pics along the way and when you get the whole enchilada done! :cool:

1st off, PLEASE FEEL free to answer ANY questions anyone may have here, there or anywhere. Not taking ANYTHING away from me. It is only about sharing my collection, never was about ME...

As for your other comments. I COMPLETELY agree with what you are saying. I am REALLY TRYING to do my best with keeping them aligned. I have been measuring and marking the wall and using a level and the whole 9 and I am still off line. It is just SO HARD to do this alone, really. My wife wants NOTHING to do with even though I have asked for help, and I cant get ANYONE here where I live to step up. I have had offers from a couple of great people here to make the trip and help, I just cannot afford to fly them in right now, and I cannot wait any longer to do this. It took me 3+ years to get some up, and I need to do it to keep momentum. I reaaly is tough without a helper.

As for hanging higher. I AM going to do that. My thought was that I would do one row at or about eye level and them move up from there. Or do you think it would be better to do collumns from top to bottom and left to right? I am open to any suggestions for sure. I am not that shallow that I think it is my way or no way. I will have to work around what I have now, as there is no way I can start over now. I will try hard to keep them more in line in the future. Doesnt bother me as much as it would you. I REALLY wish I could have gone the ledge way you did. I actually checked into doing it after you and I talked before, and it just was NOT monetarily possible to do. I have a TON of wall space. I am already into the framing alone OVER $6000 with what I had done previously, so now I HAVE to try and do it on the cheaper!

Seriously, THANK YOU for all your input, I DO APPRECIATE IT!! I am going to still with the random thing as you say. I will realign the Canadian ones in the corner as you had suggested and them go from there. Just need to decide which direction. Where would you go next? Thanks again!! Scott
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    You know...That is what I have been fighting this whole time. The guy who framed them put wire on the backs of ALL OF THEM. Never thought of taking it off, as I figured that is how they had to been hung to keep the weight off the frame itself. I may have to revisit just hanging them on the frames themselves. THIS is why I come here...Someone ALWAYS seems to have SOMETHING I missed, THANKS for pointing that out. I just MIGHT look into building my own ledges. Maybe my father-in-law could do it as I am SO NOT handy...as you can see, I can BARELY hang a freaking poster!

I was looking at the outlet as well and just couldnt figure out how to hide it. Maybe I will look at that as well. Never considered painting it, but that is an option I will look at as well....I think I may have to reevaluate a few thing, huh?

Thanks again for the advice, I do appreciate it....Y ou have helped out quite a bit, but may have just solved my problem....I will get back to you!!

well ok then. :)

i understand it's very difficult to do on your own, but it IS doable. all your frames are the same, yes? so the thickness of the frame does not vary, just the size of the art. definitely makes it 'easier.'

here's how to guarantee your work stays level:
    go and measure up your walls say every 2-3 ft and make a small mark in PENCIL, lightly. take a looong level and connect, making sure all ARE level. TAKE YOUR TIME during this process, it is time well spent. then, decide the order of your posters, and lay them out roughly along the wall where you want them to be. starting with the first print, on the back, measure the INSIDE dimesion of the frame. start where you want your first poster and make two marks on your level line where to put the first holes. forget using picture wire and such, not worth it. use 2 nails, or screws into anchors - whatever your preference, and hammer or screw into the wall. hang the first poster. then, accounting for your decided upon spacing, say it's 2-3", then measure out your next poster, hammer the nails into the level line, hang, continue with next poster, etc. this should all but guarantee your frames are hung perfectly in alignment. :) me, i am insane with such things, i would probably start all over. :o haha.

it is best to have each line of posters planned out for the wall. don't have to have the entire wall planned, but each row. like the row over the TV, i'd have started in the middle over the tv, get those first 2 posters a LOT closer, and yea, take attnetion away from that outlet! personally, i'd paint the outlet to match the wall, right now it is the focal point of the wall, rather than your posters. as to hanging higher, i actually just meant that the posters you hung at 'eye level' actually seem rather low for eye level, i would think to place them higher, and then sure...you could then go above and/or below at will. while i don't think it necessary to have an overall plan all at once, i do think you should plan out at least row by row across the wall. move/group the posters around along the floor of the wall until you find something aesthetically pleasing. again, if you are handy, you could fairly cheaply make your own ledges if you like rather than hanging each individually...but if too much investment and/or work, you still can get everything level. i think it IS very wise that you are working to keep at least one edge of each print level with all the others b/c with such a large collection and posters of various sizes, it is good to have that one constant...thus why i also stress how important keeping that alignment is, and will be, once you have all the work on the wall. it really IS worth the time investment now b/c when you are done the whole 'bigger picture' will be just that much more pleasing rather than anything being displeasing or distracting from your collection. i LOVE doing this sort of thing, hope i was at least some small help. :p hope i didn't make you even more nuts...hahaha. it IS a daunting and huge task, thus why it's best to break it down into smaller tasks. again, the time invested in drawing accurate level lines to work with in the end will save a LOT of time hanging, and look sooo much better. after you have a row complete, you can then draw another higher and/or lower on the wall and begin again, etc. not sure all your posters, space or ideas/plans...but it should help.

beyond all my pj posters i have a LOT of my own artwork, photography, hung in my home...and i've hung it all, solo, on my own, using a similar method to what i described above. personally, i far perfer having one nail or screw n each upperhand corner of the frame. i find it far more supportive, and yes, never have to worry about your art going crooked either.

again, good luck!
    definitely posts pics along the way and when you get the whole enchilada done! :cool: