Options

Hartford Traffic

qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
edited June 2008 in The Porch
how much extra time should i allow for the traffic/construction --i'll be coming across I-84 heading east into hartford

any word of advice would help
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    I-84 can be a disaster on a Friday afternoon. Especially the Danbury area and Waterbury Area. I am going to bypass it and take Merrit Parkway (Rt 15) to 91 North. Might be a better option.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    yeah 84 in west hartford heading into downtown from 4-6 on a friday can be quite slow. especially with something going on
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    if I'm getting into hartford around 2 should I have a problem taking 84?
  • Options
    HarmonyHarmony Posts: 17
    Keep in mind the weekend summer traffic, all you guys coming in from New York area. The traffic can be absolutely brutal even in the early afternoon on a friday. All the people heading to cape cod, rhode Island, Vermont, ect... really clog up the highways. I-95/Merrit PKY/ I-84 its all a crap shoot, especially the Merrit because its only 2 lanes and if theres an accident your screwed. Save yourself allot of frustration and leave as early as possible. I'm only coming from New Haven and I'm planning on getting to Hartford around 1:30 :) I am also hoping to find some green sticky stuff and hoping the early bird finds the worm. lol
  • Options
    What time are you planning on leaving Stephen?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Im leaving westchester around 4.
    No choice, so I am sure it will be rough.

Debating the merits of the merit vs 84 d'oh
    Also, I usually sneak off the merit at the berlin tpke and head in that way
    problem there is the traffic lights.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Harmony wrote:
    What time are you planning on leaving Stephen?

I'll be leaving around noon and it takes 2 hours to get there... my hotel check in time is 3 so I have some room for traffic time...

Also I'm curious about shuttles from my hotel which is about 15 mins away.
  • Options
    Leaving at 12 you should be fine stephen.