Options

Whats in Vancouver

footsteps38footsteps38 Posts: 100
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Hey all,
Im in downtown Vancouver for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to go. Thanks for the help
Bob
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,290
    If it's nice, spending some time at Stanley Park is a must. Renting bikes is a good way to go.
  • Options
    go to Grouse Mountain...it's just outside the city but once you see the view from atop the mountain, it'll be worth it. And the ride up in the cable car is pretty cool.
    2005 - Montreal, Ottawa / 2011 Montreal, Toronto 1, Ottawa / 2013 London, Calgary, Vancouver
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    legalized marijuana is in vancouver ;P
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Granville Island, Stanley Park, Robson street, Denman street, Grouse, Capilano Suspension Bridge
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    For the Ed solo shows, we stumbled onto the Steamworks brewery (figuratively) for lunch and found the food, beer, and atmosphere really good. Check out the downstairs! Then we stumbled out (literally).
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Try the New Amsterdam :) Nice coffee shop and stuff...and really good food too.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    my two favorite spots in Vancouver are Granville Island (take an Aquabus over, and have lunch at the market!)... or English Bay (grab a good book and a cup of tea, curl up next to one of the big logs on the beach, and chill out)...
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    bears
  • Options
    Stanley Park and the Granville Island Market are really cool. Hopefully the weather's nice for you!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 391
    if you're already downtown you can walk to granville island in about 15 minutes or so. just go over the granville bridge and then double back under it when you get across, it's a nice walk when the weather is good.
  • Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    Hey all,
    Im in downtown Vancouver for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to go. Thanks for the help

Or so ive heard
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    ac dc is here recording. forget the new amsterdam. the compassion club is way better :)
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd