Options

Eddie Vedder at Coachella ????

EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
edited April 2008 in The Porch
The Sunday night at Coachella has Sean Penn penciled in for two slots on Sunday night, one in the Gobi Tent at 2:10 and one on the main stage right before My Morning Jacket

Speculation is Eddie will be "Sean Penn" or at least joining Sean. The Main Stage set time is only 15 minutes, the Gobi Tent is 30 minutes.
{if (work != 0) {
work = work + 1;
sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
else if (work >= 0) {
reality.equals(false);
work = work +1;
}system("pause");
return 0;}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    What does Sean Penn do on stage??
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:

EXACTLY
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    The Sunday night at Coachella has Sean Penn penciled in for two slots on Sunday night one in the Gobi Tent at 2:10 and one on the main stage right before My Morning Jacket

Speculation is Eddie will be "Sean Penn" or at least joining Sean. The Main Stage set time is only 15 minutes, the Gobi Tent is 30 minutes.

Probably.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    ya, but why not just say Eddie Vedder so more ppl buy Coachella tix for that Sunday
    they're all about the music, yeah, and making money too

just think about it, you'll get it
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    PrlJamrPrlJamr Posts: 74
    This bulletin was posted by Matt White's Myspace today!

Date: Apr 22, 2008 9:10 PM
    Subject: eddie vedder and matt white
    Body: to jam at coachella, if you are there come to the GQ lounge at the viceroy
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I posted this when the schedule came out ... got zero responses ...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=282781&highlight=penn+coachella

assume most people on here could care less about Coachella ...

There are 2 sets for Sean Penn ... the one on the main stage is only 15 minutes .... the earlier one is 30 minutes, I think it's a possibility of Ed playing a tune then .... but, I'd say it's 50-50 ...

While I really like Holy Fuck ... I don't know how their fans would take to an Ed appearance just before their band came on stage ... might get ugly.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ya, but why not just say Eddie Vedder so more ppl buy Coachella tix for that Sunday
    they're all about the music, yeah, and making money too

just think about it, you'll get it

the festival needs a boost like this too, looks to be one of the worst attendance levels in years ... I think.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    jimed14 wrote:
    the festival needs a boost like this too, looks to be one of the worst attendance levels in years ... I think.

I will give a first-hand report if he shows up.

It may not be the case, but in some cases, an artist has it in his contract that he won't perform anywhere for a certain number of days after his last local show (4/11 and 4/12), so Eddie may be legally precluded from announcing an appearance.
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Eddie Vedder and Prince in the same weekend, my head would explode!!!! I don't even want to hear about it if it happens.

Good thing I am taking it easy and checking out the I"m From Barcelona show..
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I will give a first-hand report if he shows up.

It may not be the case, but in some cases, an artist has it in his contract that he won't perform anywhere for a certain number of days after his last local show (4/11 and 4/12), so Eddie may be legally precluded from announcing an appearance.

this is a very good point ... (smart thinkin' JOE^3)

again ... Ed back in Indio to shoe the shoeless!!! :D

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    jimed14 wrote:
    this is a very good point ... (smart thinkin' JOE^3)

again ... Ed back in Indio to shoe the shoeless!!! :D

I have an all-access wristband for the entire festival, so hopefully I will see Ed if he is indeed there!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have an all-access wristband for the entire festival, so hopefully I will see Ed if he is indeed there!

I usually don't mind not haveing a wristband like that for events like this, but, that will indeed come in handy on Sunday! Good luck and good hunting.

• Options
    einatshaul wrote:

my first thought exactly, what is he going to do up on stage at a rock festival. I love the man's talents and commitments, but my 1st thought was he was going to smoke for 15 minutes.
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN
  • Options
    The Sunday night at Coachella has Sean Penn penciled in for two slots on Sunday night, one in the Gobi Tent at 2:10 and one on the main stage right before My Morning Jacket

posted link in other thread, but in case you read this one instead- if you want to listen, as it looks like AT&T webcast, skillfully is avoiding any stage Penn/Ed may be on-you can listen on sd radio--they are broadcasting all 3 days

http://www.fm949sd.com
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN