Options

Last night's poster on sale now on BigPop

swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
edited June 2008 in The Porch
http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=1&UID=438

Go get 'em! I, personally really like this poster!

Now, all sold out.
Free the West Memphis Three
www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    $70? hahahahahaha
  • Options
    its gone already, they were up for 10 minutes.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    $70? hahahahahaha

S/N versions are always that price
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

do you think they get the 3 year old kid that drew it to sign it?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647

Think they were $60 last time around.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    I hope Tampa's is better, I passed on this...more like they were sold out and I didn't want one anyway...I will wait for the regular 10c version of this one...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    don't flame me - but I seem to have one stuck in my cart - someone still want it?
  • Options

Klausen's were a couple weeks ago even when 10c was selling those same posters for 40-50 bucks depending on which one you got. Ames likes their new fame and you can see that by them releasing multiple A/Ps and charging ungodly amounts for some of their posters on their site- it's a terrible case of the green disease and I hope that it doesn't spread to Number 7 who is still a man of the people
  • Options

65$..but you know gas prices really warrant a 5$ increase for each poster...fucking A, I guess now the 10c posters will be much more than before....this shit is out of hand with the prices, posters once cost $15 and they only made a couple hundred. Now they print 1000+ for each show and they cost 4-5 times the amount and we get threatened to have our memberships removed if we want to sell the posters on Ebay or something...shit is rediculous....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    If the quality of rest of the sub looks anything like this poster...you guys got screwed
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    do you think they get the 3 year old kid that drew it to sign it?

LOL, funny. Like I said, I like this poster. Most Ames posters are cartoony. The more I look at this one, the more I like it.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Klausen's were a couple weeks ago even when 10c was selling those same posters for 40-50 bucks depending on which one you got. Ames likes their new fame and you can see that by them releasing multiple A/Ps and charging ungodly amounts for some of their posters on their site- it's a terrible case of the green disease and I hope that it doesn't spread to Number 7 who is still a man of the people

Its a business man, if you had a product that you put time and effort into and you could sell it for 25 bucks or 50 bucks you would choose to sell it for 25 ?

get off your high horse.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    I think Eddies daughter was a contributor on the conception of this print
  • Options
    to indulge on what I'm talking about take a look here- these are second A/Ps so someone within the organization saw it fit to print off more and sign more so they could sell more. Now I am only posting this to spring some thought not to flame or start arguments because I know nobody is forcing me to purchase any, I'm just stimulating some thought on this.

Philadelphia 2000 $500
    Las Vegas 2000 $150
    Seattle 2000 $200
    Holland 2000 $200
    Adelaide 2003 $300
    Buffalo 2003 $300
    Japan 2003 $200

the list goes on...

but the only problem I have with this really is that the A/P 1s (which were probably the only ones planned) sold for the normal price, but after they sold out the created a A/P #2 (which technically doesn't even exsist) and started charging people that have never heard of Expressobeans.com or Ebay anywhere from $100-$500 a poster.

Its a business man, if you had a product that you put time and effort into and you could sell it for 25 bucks or 50 bucks you would choose to sell it for 25 ?

get off your high horse.

I have a business degree and fully understand the inter-workings or business. I have no problem with them charging 25-50 (even $60 or $70) for quality prints- the only thing that sours me about Ames is how they made up a second artist proof for some of their prints and started charging over $200 for them. BK doesn't even do this and he is a one man show so you could atleast understand if he did
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    to indulge on what I'm talking about take a look here- these are second A/Ps so someone within the organization saw it fit to print off more and sign more so they could sell more. Now I am only posting this to spring some thought not to flame or start arguments because I know nobody is forcing me to purchase any, I'm just stimulating some thought on this.

Philadelphia 2000 $500
    Las Vegas 2000 $150
    Seattle 2000 $200
    Holland 2000 $200
    Adelaide 2003 $300
    Buffalo 2003 $300
    Japan 2003 $200

the list goes on...

but the only problem I have with this really is that the A/P 1s (which were probably the only ones planned) sold for the normal price, but after they sold out the created a A/P #2 (which technically doesn't even exsist) and started charging people that have never heard of Expressobeans.com or Ebay anywhere from $100-$500 a poster.

Yeah but you dont know for certain these are a second run of A/Ps for all you know they could have only sold 50 sub packs and sold the other 50 juts now on Big Pop.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Yeah but you dont know for certain these are a second run of A/Ps for all you know they could have only sold 50 sub packs and sold the other 50 juts now on Big Pop.

that is my suspicion
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    LOL, funny. Like I said, I like this poster. Most Ames posters are cartoony. The more I look at this one, the more I like it.
    i liked this poster from the time i saw it.....to me, it is the best poster since kansas city tin man.

how can you not like an alligator with 8 legs?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Posts: 182
    11.50 for shipping, i think over $80 for this is too much. going back if anyone wants it.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    8 legs on an alligator?

:confused:

way too much white for my liking.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thunderDAN wrote:
    the only thing that sours me about Ames is how they made up a second artist proof for some of their prints and started charging over $200 for them. BK doesn't even do this and he is a one man show so you could atleast understand if he did

they dont do that until there is a new series/tour

each time there is a tour, they hike the prices on the older ones
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    I saw it last night, didnt look to good. I passed but i got the black t shirt i wore the medium for most of the night and realized i looked to "muscular" in it and exchanged it for a large. haha
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    About 2 years ago Ames had the san diego poster with the girl hugging the bugs for $120. My girlfriend wanted it for her birthday, however being a poor college student i only had 80 bucks. I emailed them asking if they would sell a poster to me for $80... They replied that they weren't in the negotiation business and they can't do anything about the prices (except raise them i guess..)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thats kind of a cavalier attitude, wouldnt you say ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    eyesnoeyeseyesnoeyes Posts: 50
    There's some crazy crap is in this thread:

First - Ames Bros 'Fame' isn't anywhere near 'new found' - those dudes have been big in the poster community for a LONG time and certainly since the big resurgence of popularity in that art form occurred - and no, that doesn't correspond with 2005, when the PJ community really started paying attention to posters.

Second - AP2 has nothing to do with them 'printing more' - they didn't print any more - people's speculation about them having some 'extras' that were unaccounted for is much more likely. So of course they're going to sell them, but they're the artists, so it makes sense for them to sell them and SIGN and NUMBER them, and since it would be harder to contact everyone with an AP1 and get them to send it back so they could change the signed edition size, they figured something else out.

Third - The AP2's didn't come out at really high prices - I bought an AP2 of LA 03 and it was $65, the same as the AP1 price. Like MOST artists, as their stock dwindles, the prices go up - this only appears to be related to the 'new tour' theory because Ames Brothers and PJ Tours are both located on the same plain of existence, where time tends to move forward.

I don't love the WPB 08 poster either, but endless Ames Bashing is getting so monotonous - they are a GREAT organization to deal with and I'm glad PJ have kept it in house for the most part. Anyone who expected wildly different artwork from what they got at WPB just hasn't been paying attention. They've been working with very simplified imagery for a while (even back to 98 (!?) - check out the Pittsburgh 98 poster), and they've really been exploring it over the last few tours: Kitchener 05, San Fran 2 06, Katowice, Munich 07...
    'She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm...' R. Adams.
  • Options
    skere26 wrote:
    About 2 years ago Ames had the san diego poster with the girl hugging the bugs for $120. My girlfriend wanted it for her birthday, however being a poor college student i only had 80 bucks. I emailed them asking if they would sell a poster to me for $80... They replied that they weren't in the negotiation business and they can't do anything about the prices (except raise them i guess..)

You really expected them to sell you that poster for $80 when they clearly advertised it for sale at $120?? Would you make that deal with someone you didn't know? And when you tell your buddy about that deal what do they do when he wants to buy a poster for $50 less than advertised?

From the dealings I've had with Ames I just think it's crazy that people would question the commitment to customers - but that doesn't mean they should run their business into the ground...
    'She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm...' R. Adams.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    skere26 wrote:

Why would you expect them to change the price for one person? I mean it is not it is something they have trouble selling. That would be like walking into the grocery store and trying to negotiate the price of a box of cheerios.
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    Why would you expect them to change the price for one person? I mean it is not it is something they have trouble selling. That would be like walking into the grocery store and trying to negotiate the price of a box of cheerios.

A. everything in life is negotiable.

B. its nice to be treated like a person and not a sale. they would have been easily making money by selling it at 80.

C. i have had other artists work with me before, and I can tell you I those have a returning customer.
  • Options
    skere26 wrote:

B. its nice to be treated like a person and not a sale. they would have been easily making money by selling it at 80.

C. i have had other artists work with me before, and I can tell you I those have a returning customer.

dude I have spent a lot of money on the Ames website via subscriptions and about 5 over priced T-shirts and never expect them to cut me a deal, especially on an 03 A/P poster. My advice is to hook your girl with a lesser expensive non A/P poster, I am sure she really isn't going to mind if Coby and Barry's signatures are not on the print. I am sure you are well aware of expresso beans, you do not have to put up with the BS expenses of Ebay and your chance of negotiating with someone is much better there...peace.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    skere26 wrote:

A - Sure I guess, but your initial offer was probably right off their negotiating radar - why not start with a quarter as your opening bid?

B - Sure it's nice - and they would probably be making money if they sold it for $20, but they've obviously chosen their price by what they perceive people are willing to pay - if it doesn't sell, they make no money, so they'll drop their price or live with it.

C - I don't know how much Ames wants a returning customer that lowers their profit margin by $50 per sale.