Options

Shut Out- Ten Club And Ticketmaster

inmytree29inmytree29 Posts: 77
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I'm probably the 100th person who's started a thread/complaint about not getting tix...but I don't care. I am a wreck and I wanna put it out there- a catharsis so to speak.

Scalpers- here i come!
Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    Don't fret my friend - where there is a will, there is a way! (or he who has deep pockets)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    inmytree29 wrote:
    I'm probably the 100th person who's started a thread/complaint about not getting tix...but I don't care. I am a wreck and I wanna put it out there- a catharsis so to speak.

Scalpers- here i come!

I was looking on ebay, I am probably going to have to get DC there... but I was looking at Chicago also and the tickets aren't that ridiculous yet... I saw pairs that hadn't even hit $200 and the auction is over soon... Get over to ebay.
    Also you might want to try getting any show, you can. There is always some one looking to trade on this site. Good Luck!
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    kad39kad39 Posts: 14
    inmytree29 wrote:

Scalpers- here i come!

Tried to get 1 DC ticket, to either night. Didn't even get the option to buy any! I totally feel your pain.
    I f'ing hate scalpers!! How come you can go on StubHub and buy tickets to the shows before they even go on sale? There's hundreds of them on there! I saw ORCH 2nd row for EV for $3300 yesterday!!!!! That is just completely ridicous. I've followed this band since I was 13, now I'm 30 and I didn't even get the chance to buy them while those tx just sit on there till a rich person buys them. So mad.

Thanks for letting me vent though:/
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I've tried to explain
    somehow
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    You could always volunteer to work security and see the show for free! Or pretend that you're a custodian for the building and sneak in! J/K!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    You could always volunteer to work security and see the show for free! Or pretend that you're a custodian for the building and sneak in! J/K!

I remember working security in the late 80's to see the Stones play at the Metrodome in Mpls. Had a great perch overlooking the stage... then on song 2, a kid gets hit in the head with a beer bottle and I spent the rest of the night back in medical with him and security mgmt. Missed the concert.

Should have tried the custodian route ; )
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    hartamh wrote:
    I totally agree with you regarding those deep pockets. It's like baseball tickets at Fenway. They actually auction tickets off. I don't have that kind of money. You can't even get bleacher seats without taking out a second mortgage. It just seems like the people that have been big fans from the beginning are not all wealthy so they don't stand a chance....

I picked up plenty of bleacher seats at face when they went on sale. Also, they release tickets all the time for face value. You just need to get informed, prepare and be persistent.

A simple craigslist search for sox and face:

http://boston.craigslist.org/search/tix?query=sox+face&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    hartamh wrote:
    I totally agree with you regarding those deep pockets. It's like baseball tickets at Fenway. They actually auction tickets off. I don't have that kind of money. You can't even get bleacher seats without taking out a second mortgage. It just seems like the people that have been big fans from the beginning are not all wealthy so they don't stand a chance....

i feel you here...i paid 350.00 bucks for two seats in the bleachers at Fenway for Yanks-Sox a few years back when i lived in NH

good luck to those who got shut out of both chances, its just a shame that true diehards are getting the rail on this one
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    just wait a few weeks until you drop the big money and keep checking TM and the threads here.....save money and dont give in to the scalpers!!!
    just feeding them so they can do it again!!

be patient ....it pays off...done it many times!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    inmytree29 wrote:

Scalpers- here i come!

Let me first say that we as fans are certainly not ENTITLED to tickets, and IMO we've been blessed with the best fan club benefits from the best group in the world.

That aside, it does seem that it has been increasingly more difficult to get 10c tickets -- and even Ticketbastard tix -- lately. I don't know if this is due to growing popularity, reduced availability, or more states (like MN) legalizing ticket 'exchanges' as a way to receive income from the taxability of the sales between parties.

I know that my commitment has certainly escalated over the years to see the band when I can and thank God that I've been fortunate to do so. No better act live than Ed and the boys and always worth every penny.

But I do empathize and lament the state of ticket procurement today.... demand certainly exceeds supply. Hopefully we'll get DVD options coming our way this fall from both the Ed and PJ tours.... boots for Ed's solo sets would be a major offering!

Peace brothers & sisters....

B
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    inmytree29 wrote:

Scalpers- here i come!

here is a chance!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=294023
  • Options
    cbh1011 wrote:
    more states (like MN) legalizing ticket 'exchanges' as a way to receive income from the taxability of the sales between parties.

One final vent -- here in MN, they recently legalized ticket exchanges (scalping). Most politicians on both sides lied with the typical arguments "victimless crimes" and "puts tickets into the hands of those that really want them" and "people want this access", blah blah blah.

While there's no argument that demand and free market economics drive up prices... and I totally get that. But there are victims here.

#1 -- the artists. It is the state (tax) and the businesses and entrepreneurs (profit) that raid the available tickets at venue list cost and resale.

#2 -- average joe fan ends up paying thru the nose, or can't afford to go.

What's the greater good? I dunno.... I suppose the tax dollars generated help the state and the businesses employ people (or at least telephonic equipment that can raid all the PJ and Miley Cyrus tickets as soon as they're available on Ticketbastard) but from a fan perspective, it certainly sucks.

so I am saying, "No More"
    and my pocketbook is saying "No More"
    and my heart is saying "No more scalping"....

So...
    anybody got tix for me at Chicago?

B
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I too was shut out of both so I feel your pain. I refuse to buy from scalpers so I guess we won't be seeing the solo show. My only hope now is some kind person decides to part with a pair of tix for the DC show. My 12 yr old son is pretty bummed but was grateful we got to see the band in June and still has faith we'll get there somehow. I told him the chances are slim to none but kid's always seem to see the glass half full. Well if anyone decides to sell a set, please keep us in mind and PM me. Thanks.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Don't give up my friend.

You still have hope:

1) Ticketmaster and the boxoffice almost always release tickets the day of the show.

2) Keep your ear to the ground. Your local radio station probably has tickets to give away as well. Being a big Pearl Jam fan...you should have no problem answering whatever "Tee Ball" question they throw at you.

3) If all else fails and you still don't have tickets on the day of the show. Just show up at the venue early. Ask around...Ten Club...Box office...Walk around the building...you never know who you will run into.

The Pearl Jam communtiy is very cool. And sometimes you run into really cool folks who are willing to "help a brother out".

In 1998 a buddy and me went to the show at Molson Park in Barrie. We didn't have tickets to any other show on the tour...but ended up following the band for the next 4 shows!!!

Here's how

(1 show) We managed to sneak in behind a guy in front of us who apparently had something in his pocket which caused a security issue. As security ran over to check his pockets...we slipped in behind.

(2nd show) We ran into a group of fans who ended up giving us their tickets because they had to take their buddy to the hospital after got he had alcohol poisning from drinking in the parking lot.

(3rd show) Bought scalper tickets

(4th show) Waited outside the doors, missed the first half of the show but got tickets outside from an older couple that was leaving early. Their tickets were used but we managed to convince a securityman to let us in despite having left the building. My buddy said that he left his inhaler in the car and was having an attack...The Guard feld sorry for us and let us in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is....Don't give up. You may catch a lucky break.

Later
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Don't give up my friend.

You still have hope:

1) Ticketmaster and the boxoffice almost always release tickets the day of the show.

2) Keep your ear to the ground. Your local radio station probably has tickets to give away as well. Being a big Pearl Jam fan...you should have no problem answering whatever "Tee Ball" question they throw at you.

3) If all else fails and you still don't have tickets on the day of the show. Just show up at the venue early. Ask around...Ten Club...Box office...Walk around the building...you never know who you will run into.

The Pearl Jam communtiy is very cool. And sometimes you run into really cool folks who are willing to "help a brother out".

In 1998 a buddy and me went to the show at Molson Park in Barrie. We didn't have tickets to any other show on the tour...but ended up following the band for the next 4 shows!!!

Here's how

(1 show) We managed to sneak in behind a guy in front of us who apparently had something in his pocket which caused a security issue. As security ran over to check his pockets...we slipped in behind.

(2nd show) We ran into a group of fans who ended up giving us their tickets because they had to take their buddy to the hospital after got he had alcohol poisning from drinking in the parking lot.

(3rd show) Bought scalper tickets

(4th show) Waited outside the doors, missed the first half of the show but got tickets outside from an older couple that was leaving early. Their tickets were used but we managed to convince a securityman to let us in despite having left the building. My buddy said that he left his inhaler in the car and was having an attack...The Guard feld sorry for us and let us in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is....Don't give up. You may catch a lucky break.

Later

Wow thanks for the feedback- you've really given me some hope...but as they say, hope is a dangerous thing. I think that was from Shawshank.

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
  • Options
    i gave in and bought from ebay...i paid $259 for 2 tix balc-1 row N...it wasn't BAD compared to the prices i saw on stub hub and ticketsnow.