Options

Eddie cut down my tree...

suncatchrzzsuncatchrzz Posts: 31
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Yes he cut my favorite backyard tree down to the stump! So I told him he'd have to give me his guitar, I picked it up started strumming and it felt magical-unlike any other.

What a strange dream-huh? Any interpetations???
“Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And it is something you give away.”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yes he cut my favorite backyard tree down to the stump! So I told him he'd have to give me his guitar, I picked it up started strumming and it felt magical-unlike any other.

stop focusing so much on other people's lives and concentrate on your own path.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Did you start playing In My Tree?
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:

just because he had a dream doesn't mean he's focusing on someone else's life.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    i had a dream i was buying tickets for the solo shows and kept getting shut out....hope that dream doesn't come true!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Sounds quite erotic
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:

Concentrate on your own path? It's a dream, relax ghandi.
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • Options
    he asked for interpretations...
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    cindyp41cindyp41 Posts: 65
    Sounds quite erotic
    Looked the dream symbols up for you. The guitar is exactly as explained here, you horny dog...:) Erotic, sexual connotations, passion and emotion (the stumming guitar part). The other part wasn't so good: The tree symbolizes strength and stability. So, cutting down a tree signifies "that you are wasting your energy, time, and money on foolish pursuits". I'm not sure how to interpret the Ed part since dreams arent' about the people you dream about, they're about you...
    "Everytime I hear that melody, something breaks inside" -- T.W.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468

He's turning his back on environmental issues....only joking

To be honest, it's helpful to remember and focus on your dreams. Sigmund Freud described dreams as the "royal road to the unconscious" I had a very profound dream recently and tried to translate the emotions into words;
    http://glasgow-underground.blogspot.com/

I think there's always a 'best part' so focus on that and try to translate it.

I was so inspired by my dream that i ordered this book
    http://www.amazon.com/Interpretation-Dreams-Sigmund-Freud/dp/1595479368/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215382318&sr=8-2
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    eddie has reminded me of a lumberjack before... guitar = ax ???
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    jenbedderjenbedder Posts: 15
    Suncatchrzz-

I happen to be a psychoanalyst, and Freud knew a lot, but ultimately, the symbols in your head are from your own past and present. What Eddie, guitars and trees mean to you, are unique to you. So, if you want to know more, try to get into a meditative state, or do this when you are falling asleep- free associate about the dream. just think about whatever comes to mind, it will give you a clue.

I had the thought that the his guitar was made from your tree and him letting you play the magical thing was pay back for taking the tree. But that's just me.

If you'd like more analysis on-line, PM me.
    it makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense