Options

MSG ticket situation - opinion

SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
edited April 2008 in The Porch
If you were me, what would you do? I have MSG section 408 tickets row G for night 1, and 10c tickets for night 2. My 10c number is 328xxx. Would you

A) Keep the section 408 seats for MSG1
B) Try to get "better" seats off eBay/stubhub and pay ridiculously marked up prices for tickets that may not be all that much better
C) (don't yell at me) Don't go to MSG1 and just focus on enjoying MSG2

Here's the seating chart:
http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html

Here's a sampling of "better" seats on StubHub ($135-$290 per ticket, ticket master price around $90 per ticket after factoring in fees):
Promenade 313 J
Promenade 314 G
Promenade 330 G
Promenade 331 B

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    A or B are the only options in my opinion. I would go with B, but only if you find the right deal.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Why would you not go? That would be crazy. (If you haunt the box office on the day of the show, you'll probably get something better.)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Take the seats you have unless you have the extra cash to throw away. I have sat behind the stage and pretty far away at shows and had a great time. 10c seats will always be better, but the time is what you make it!

If you do get better seats at Stub Hub, I would wait to buy them. They always go lower as the show gets closer. Also, keep checking with TM, better seats may come up.

Good luck.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    manhattan wrote:
    Why would you not go? That would be crazy. (If you haunt the box office on the day of the show, you'll probably get something better.)

Crazy as this sounds, I went to the show at Continental Airlines Arena in 2006 and the sound system was awful. We were on the far end of the arena pretty far from the stage, and Ed and the boys sounded like they were playing in another room. Plus, the energy of the people around me was pretty bad as well (people checking their blackberries, sitting down with arms crossed, etc...). The actual concert was awesome when I listened to the bootleg, and I felt awful for a few weeks after that because I couldn't believe I was right there and couldn't experience the show in all its glory!

I am 99% going, just needed some help feeling good about the decision, so thank you!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Take the seats you have unless you have the extra cash to throw away. I have sat behind the stage and pretty far away at shows and had a great time. 10c seats will always be better, but the time is what you make it!

If you do get better seats at Stub Hub, I would wait to buy them. They always go lower as the show gets closer. Also, keep checking with TM, better seats may come up.

Good luck.

Thanks Sprunkn7! That's good advice. Using the seat website thingy, my MSG 1 seats don't seem all that bad (and no, I don't have any cash to throw away and probably shouldn't even be going to two shows!). Okay, I think I'm all set, going to keep my MSG1 seats, go, have a blast and look forward to MSG2 the next night.
  • Options
    Def. go. You can always walk around. I know what you mean about crappy neighbors. They can make your experience suck.

Saw The Who at Harbor Yard and people wanted us to sit down. I was like...no way. It's a rock concert. I'm just as old as the people around me but what the hell. How could you NOT stand when The Who is kickin it!
  • Options
    sky08sky08 Posts: 43
    So you're pouting because your TM ticket is worse than your 10c one? Everyone's is. Just go, you'll be sorry on night two if you didn't go on night one. I'm going to be in the first few rows for II, and I have nosebleeds for MSG I. Believe me, I'm not happy about it, but it'll just be a different experience (and I'm glad it's not the other way around). And I'll be psyched on night one to be looking down on the floor where I know I'll be the next night. You don't want to miss the energy in the arena, it will be there no matter where the seats are. And anyway, your seat is looking right down on the stage.
  • Options
    sky08 wrote:
    So you're pouting because your TM ticket is worse than your 10c one? Everyone's is. Just go, you'll be sorry on night two if you didn't go on night one. I'm going to be in the first few rows for II, and I have nosebleeds for MSG I. Believe me, I'm not happy about it, but it'll just be a different experience (and I'm glad it's not the other way around). And I'll be psyched on night one to be looking down on the floor where I know I'll be the next night. You don't want to miss the energy in the arena, it will be there no matter where the seats are. And anyway, your seat is looking right down on the stage.

Who said anything about pouting?
  • Options
    I don't think it's pouting, just asking for an opinion. :)

If you choose between nights it will bite you on the ass. No doubt.

Sound like a decision has been made! Have fun!
  • Options
    sky08sky08 Posts: 43
    Relax, I'm on your side. It's good you've decided to go, have fun.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I don't think it's pouting, just asking for an opinion. :)

If you choose between nights it will bite you on the ass. No doubt.

Sound like a decision has been made! Have fun!

Thanks! You keep standing up at rock concerts, I also plan to do the same regardless of what others around me are up to =)
  • Options
    SuzieM, Hey my name is Sue (too?)!

Welcome to the board. People here can be tough. Let it roll off your back.
    People can always put a spin on anything that is posted.
  • Options
    sky08 wrote:
    Relax, I'm on your side. It's good you've decided to go, have fun.

Phew, cool. I'm a lot of things, but pouty is not one of them! I'm going to have a FANTASTIC time, thanks to all the responses!

Sprunkn7 (Sue) my name is a variation of Sue. Thanks for looking out for a newbie! I've actually been reading the board every now and then for the past few years but did not post until this tour.
  • Options
    pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    Suzie, keep your TM seats for night one, because they will make you appreciate your 10club seats that much more.

None of the stub-hub seats you posted are much better than what you have.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Don't know if the option is open to you , but an option I hope to explore is to give someone who has crappy night one , but good night two ,a chance to swap their night two seat for my 286xxx night one. Thus, we'd both have decent seats for each show. For someone who even entertains the option of going solo for both, it's worth a try.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    The tix you buy off of stub hub/ ebay are probably from a 10c member who already got their pair thru the 10c pre-sale and are looking for some extra cash !
  • Options
    Suzie, keep your TM seats for night one, because they will make you appreciate your 10club seats that much more.

None of the stub-hub seats you posted are much better than what you have.

Thanks pearljammer! That's very reassuring.
    Blind3 wrote:
    Don't know if the option is open to you , but an option I hope to explore is to give someone who has crappy night one , but good night two ,a chance to swap their night two seat for my 286xxx night one. Thus, we'd both have decent seats for each show. For someone who even entertains the option of going solo for both, it's worth a try.

Blind3, that's an interesting proposition which I may have considered but I've already promised my 2nd night 2 ticket to a good friend who's also crazy about Pearl Jam. Hope it works out for you!
  • Options
    sky08 wrote:
    So you're pouting because your TM ticket is worse than your 10c one? Everyone's is.

That's not true because I pulled a single in section 67 right behind Cameron for night one and I guarantee my 332's from TM for night two will be better than my 10C tickets for night two with 299xxx.

You just have to know what you're doing with TM. I had them on the phone and on the computer at the same time. :0)
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    SuzieM wrote:
    If you were me, what would you do? I have MSG section 408 tickets row G for night 1, and 10c tickets for night 2. My 10c number is 328xxx. Would you

A) Keep the section 408 seats for MSG1
    B) Try to get "better" seats off eBay/stubhub and pay ridiculously marked up prices for tickets that may not be all that much better
    C) (don't yell at me) Don't go to MSG1 and just focus on enjoying MSG2

Here's the seating chart:
    http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html

Here's a sampling of "better" seats on StubHub ($135-$290 per ticket, ticket master price around $90 per ticket after factoring in fees):
    Promenade 313 J
    Promenade 314 G
    Promenade 330 G
    Promenade 331 B

Thanks in advance!

I think this has pretty much been said already, but why would "no going" even be an option? You have tix, you'll be in the building. I don't care how crappy your seats are, any true fan would rather be in the building than not. & As far as paying more for a better seat, as someone else said, if you have extra cash lying around, go for it...Although considering not going at all was an option, I'd save your money cuz being at the show obviously doesn't mean that much to you. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    People who pay attention usually pick up on the ways of the concert Jedi quickly. Keep your eyes and ears open and conversation flowing between yourself and other fans, make new friends (if nothing else, this is worth it alone) and always ALWAYS work your way trading up towards where you want to be. Opportunities are to be had, especially if you are attending the show alone and a single is all that is needed. If you get an opportunity at a great ticket, don't blink, zap it up, whip out the cash and rejoice.. Then try to unload your in-hand ticket for face or lower and know it was all worth it. This can be a drawn out process, trading up from one opportunity to the next, but it's definitely worth it and you are usually not set back more than a few dollars in the process.

Hope this helps.

Sue
    Just me