Options

Anyone care to give me an Idiot's Guide to Getting a Poster?

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Camden is going to my first show of the tour, and first attempt to get a poster. I know this is probably asked a lot, but now with the whole "wristband" thing, how does everything work? I'll just list a bunch of questions, and if anyone can answer one or all of them, that'd be great.

How early do you have to get to the line for the arena to get a poster? specifically for a show like Camden?

Once doors are open, is it just a stampede to the concession stand?

Can you have one person wait online to pick up tickets and the other wait online for the arena, and then meet them once you pick up tickets? or is that grade-school cutting?

After the show, you just go back with your wristband to pick up the poster?

Thank You.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    This might help

http://www.amazon.com/Calligraphy-Dummies-Sports-Hobbies/dp/0470117710/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213813106&sr=8-1

EDIT: Oops, you want to GET a poster, not make one. Nevermind.
  • Options
    1) Call the venue find out when the open the gates for parking and when they open the gates for admission..

2) be one of the first few hundred people in line.

3) find out from the staff where the merchandise tents are located

4) usually the venue has more than one merchandise tent set up inside.. with each tent selling posters (there are usually at least 2 tents).. let everyone rush to the 1st tent while you rush to the 2nd one

5) pay for your poster, you will get a wristband that you can redeem for your poster after the show is over (that way you dont have to carry around a poster and damage it)

6) after the show, go to the same tent you bought your wristband from and redeem it for your poster

hope that helps!
    "Wave to all my friends"
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    1) Call the venue find out when the open the gates for parking and when they open the gates for admission..

2) be one of the first few hundred people in line.

3) find out from the staff where the merchandise tents are located

4) usually the venue has more than one merchandise tent set up inside.. with each tent selling posters (there are usually at least 2 tents).. let everyone rush to the 1st tent while you rush to the 2nd one

5) pay for your poster, you will get a wristband that you can redeem for your poster after the show is over (that way you dont have to carry around a poster and damage it)

6) after the show, go to the same tent you bought your wristband from and redeem it for your poster

hope that helps!

Tents? Never heard em' called tents before.
  • Options
    just MAKE SURE you go back to where you bought your poster. no one told me that and i nearly punched the guy for being such an asshole when he told me i couldn't pick mine up there.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    get tickets
    wait for venue to open
    run like hell
    hope to buy a wristband
    enjoy show
    pick up poster at same stand if you have a wristband
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    get to the venue before doors open.

i remember in montreal 05 they slipped posters for us under the door before the doors even opened. doesn't hurt to throw a few extra bucks at the merch people and ask for a hookup.

if not, just GET THERE EARLY!
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    mjb wrote:
    Tents? Never heard em' called tents before.

I think that's because at the amphitheater shows (at least at WPB) they merch stands are under really big tents mixed in with the beer stands.
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    get to the venue before doors open.

i remember in montreal 05 they slipped posters for us under the door before the doors even opened. doesn't hurt to throw a few extra bucks at the merch people and ask for a hookup.

if not, just GET THERE EARLY!

while this is probably a fair idea...knowing the venue at camden...there will be little to nothing you can do to get a poster in any way but the ordinary way"

if you go into the gate all the way to the left (if facing front of the venue), there should be a merch booth visible right when u get in....there is a clearing right inside the gate before the grass and that clearing has places to get food/drinks and a merch booth....should be pretty obvious where everyone is running to. Goodluck!
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Just stay outta my way!!! JK good luck there will be many of us trying....
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    do they really sell out that fast? I got to Philly 05 at the spectrum with 2 songs left in the opening act & there were still some.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    my heart is already starting to beat fast in anticipation of a poster run! i've been training weeks at the gym for this day!
    i like sound...
  • Options

This is a great tip...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}